Does grooming still happen to sikh girls?

Guest Jeet

Going through this forum as an outsider one would assume that sikhs are threatened for safety in uk due to muslims, it seems as though there is a tension?!

however going on in the real daily world such things are not seen in reality openly.

iv heard of grooming and converting but does this still happens or has it stopped now?

also how many girls got groomed? Why do I feel like this whole grooming thing has been exaggerated?

Also should we really “fear” muslims? Are they really such as threat/danger to us?? 

22 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

maybe you are confused we are NOT frightened but being responsible and dealing with a real problem affecting ALL of society by making sure we inform how to stay safe, where to go for help and supporting helping those irrespective of faith who have been abused. 

I’m not confused, some people really do sound frightened and fearful to extent that they become unsocable with said community.

12 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

It happens and on a scale much larger than I thought. At our local Gurdwara, there was a talk from Bhai Mohan Singh who has been doing seva for those who have been groomed. Check out sikh awareness society website. 

Really? Was this recently? I thought these things happened ages ago and have only been highlighted due to the BBC doing a grooming program about the grooming in rathorham. I really thought this was a isolated incident that happens in the Manchester areas run by a criminals grooming gang that were mostly from the Pakistani community, apart from that I felt this whole thing has been over exaggerated by other communities.

ive never been to a gurudwara where such talks have been held, whenever I go baba is always begging for money!

Also how do are communities deal with the victims of such incidents? Are the disowned and blamed or is there any real help. 

13 hours ago, SikhInTheMaking said:

Nothing to fear bro, but yeah it still does go on. The problem with grooming is that people think it doesn’t happen because we don’t see it but let’s face it - if your grooming someone your not going to do it openly are you? 

I really don’t think it’s been exaggerated at all. Someone close to me went through this and there wasn’t much we could do (legally) to help. The police was failing to act on it and in the end we took matters into our own hand. Only then did we realise how wide spread grooming is but I’m glad to say they all got dealt with and the girl has now moved on with her life. 

If you sit there being afraid, they will carry on doing what there doing. I feel as if there a threat to society in general but I’m gonna get told I’m islamophobic lol 

We might not have gone about things in the right and humane way when it came to these Muslims but I don’t regret any of it. For all the lives they ruined and all the family’s they broke they deserved all the pain they got and are still suffering

As far as I know, conversion is a part of Islam itself rather than grooming in specific. I think it’s their duty to preach and convert people in general. 

So you say we should beat them up? 

If this is so serious then why don’t we make a group?

What happened to sher e Punjab? 

12 hours ago, Guest Jeet said:

I’m not confused, some people really do sound frightened and fearful to extent that they become unsocable with said community.

bro my experience is that community teachs their children to hate others and to avoid making friendships the only exceptions are those who actually think of themselves as punjabi first so there is bhaichara of a type there . All my kids have had this experience with my youngest openly discriminated and attacked by classmates because she is not their faith

On 22/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Guest Jeet said:

Really? Was this recently? I thought these things happened ages ago and have only been highlighted due to the BBC doing a grooming program about the grooming in rathorham. I really thought this was a isolated incident that happens in the Manchester areas run by a criminals grooming gang that were mostly from the Pakistani community, apart from that I felt this whole thing has been over exaggerated by other communities.

ive never been to a gurudwara where such talks have been held, whenever I go baba is always begging for money!

Also how do are communities deal with the victims of such incidents? Are the disowned and blamed or is there any real help. 

It was within the last three months. 

Have a look at their facebook page too 

https://m.facebook.com/SikhAwarenessSocietySAS/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1