How can we make our Guru proud?

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I feel like I have let the Guru down. I can improve myself in so many ways but it is so hard to change pukkia adhata. (Bad habits). My family are a typical Punjabi household, when I was very young (about 3) I was taken to have my ears pierced and I had no control over it. I am 13 years old now but I still have my ears pierced but they will not close up and I try not to wear earrings but my Dadi always tells me to ear earrings and she shouts at me if I don't listen to her so I reluctantly put them in. I feel like crying because my mum always says: "Why can't you be like other girls?" And I always feel like I'm always feeling as if I'm having to choose between Vaheguru and my family. My dad always tells me to eat meat and I always tell him that I don't want it. None of my family are very supportive of me taking amrit but I am definitely taking it no matter what. My heart yearns for the darshan of Guru Ji. I love Guru Ji so much and now I have held on to the charan of Guru Ji I never want to let go ever. I am a really bad person because I can't stand up for myself. I am so disappointed with myself I just feel so helpless but one thing I will never do is conform into society because most people fall into this trap and no matter how far society will try to lead me away from Vaheguru I know that I will always come falling back at Vaheguru's charan. I want to make my true Guru pita feel proud of me, not disappointed. The rate I am going Guru Ji will never love me.

VJKK VJKF :waheguru:

Your dad shouts at you but has he ever hit you?

You could contact Sikh Helpline or any other service depending on where you are but do it near last resort, first try talking to your family.

Guru will put you on his path when you show love.

jau tau prem khelan ka chau;

if you desire to play this game of love with me;

sir dhar tali gali meri aau,

then step onto my path with your head in hand,

it marag pair dharijay;

when you place your feet on this path;

sir deejay kaan na keejay;

give me your head, and pay no attention to public opinion;

There isn't anyone in your family that is committed into Sikhi, even a little bit?

When my mum said no to taking amrit, I told her that I will take amrit then I told my grandma to secure it.

maybe stop being so emotional (and whiney?).    your parents care about you.  they want you to do stuff that they think is good for you.  it's fine.  its nothing to get depressed about.  you should be happy.  just think if you had a child, how you would encourage them as per your beliefs.

its nice you want to follow religious rules.  just listen to what they say, see the good intention in it, then gently explain to them "thank you, but for religious reasons I don't eat meat (etc)". 

p.s. as a young woman who doesn't eat meat, make sure you get enough iron and b12.  ask your doc for a blood test.

Q)How can we make our Guru proud?

A) By staying in His Hukum.

Q) What is His Hukum in simple words?

A) Stay in His bhaana, come whatever it may, and live by: saas saas Simroh Gobind.

By staying in His bhaana, we remain blessed under the mantle of His Kirpa at all times.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest GuestSingh

You don't sound like a bad person from what you have wrote.

I have been in the same situation so take it as test and blessing from Guru ji, not a burden, for your love and devotion to him. You have been chosen to walk this path and given the opportunity to change the lives of your family and others around you for the better. At 13, you are still young so feelings can change and there will be many challenges in life to come, however, if you remain as committed to following his path then your love, strength and confidence for Guru ji will grow. That will please him.