Anger

simran345

Keep it Calm and say :waheguru:

Folks need to control their anger problem. Most people look real immature by releasing their anger online. If something makes you angry, take a break rather than spending whole day fussing about it. Using such nasty language.. phew...

Chalo, deleted. Next..

I used to be so angry coz I got a son who is always doing the wrong thing and got the wrong focus. I would shout and then get terrible headaches. 

Now I have decided that it is not worth shouting - I just keep quiet and keep busy doing my own stuff. 

We need to realise that we get angry when we try to do things by our powers. If we leave a little to God, and accept that things are the way they are. If we can learn to be tolerant of others and accept that we are all trying to learn something -( which is the reason why we are on the planet earth), our anger would be reduced greatly. 

Anger stems from frustration. A good way to control it is to place yourself in the other persons situation and think about it as if you were them... and you committed that deed. Would you be angry with yourself as much if you had done that ?

We all make mistakes - and we all have weaknesses. Swearing, bad words, leashing of your wisdom upon others and labelling are not going to do either you or your victim any good. 

Trying to perform path regularly also ensures that your energies are more focused in the right direction and the cool feeling which you get is not worth being destroyed by the fumes which anger creates.

Many of us get caught unawares and we have to learn to alert ourselves before we make a complete fool of ourselves and have to be calmed down by others. 

7 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Now I have decided that it is not worth shouting - I just keep quiet and keep busy doing my own stuff. 

That’s a good idea, because when we shout and get frustrated it has an effect our own soul also. 

7 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Anger stems from frustration. A good way to control it is to place yourself in the other persons situation and think about it as if you were them... and you committed that deed. Would you be angry with yourself as much if you had done that ?

Good method if placing yourself in the others situation. I used to do that also, then it gives time to pace one’s self so it doesn’t lead to as much frustration and gives us time to calm down. 

In my work, I have to deal with lots of frustration and once in a while I literally feel punching wall. Anger is very bad. I find some ways by not letting steam getting filled in my head:

Start saying “NO” when you meant to say no. Don’t take any project whether at home or work. It may offend other person but it will be quick and short term. If you say yes and then you end up not doing it and start making excuses etc will end up having 2 hot heads clashing with each other.

Music helps a lot. Listen to classical music or a soothing simran or mool mantar jaap helps diverting your attention to positive-ness.

On 17/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, simran345 said:

??????? > ??????

VJKK VJKF

The best thing to do is to stop... and say Waheguru repeatedly. Anger, love, lust, happiness are all just energies in different forms - like Maharaj presents themselves in their different forms. So we can just take the energy that fuels each of these emotions (in this case) and just japping Waheguru instead. Don't think about it just do it because otherwise your mind will tell you just naa leave it and the emotions will eat us up and cloud our minds from finding Maharaj. Hope that helps Ji. 

Vaheguru Ji.