Diwali

Guest Kaur

Who else ie getting ready for Diwali?  I know some Sikhs dont celebrate it because they say its for Hindus. I personally love it just because its a chance to eat sweets cakes and gulaab jaam (my favourite).

Guest Jacfsing2
3 minutes ago, Guest Kaur said:

Who else ie getting ready for Diwali?  I know some Sikhs dont celebrate it because they say its for Hindus. 

It's called Bandi Chor Diwas in the Sikh faith, and if you are referring to the incident a few years ago, then they'd have every right not to celebrate it.

5 minutes ago, Guest Kaur said:

I personally love it just because its a chance to eat sweets cakes and gulaab jaam (my favourite).

Good for you.:clap:

Funny you ask as i was about to post the same thing, but instead I was going to ask if Diwali is still "on" as last year it was "cancelled"..... not that anyone at the Gurdwara seemed to care, all the Sangat were dressed up to the nines and were lighting candles in and around the gurdwara regardless of the babas pleases not too.... ???

17 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Bandhi chor diwas diyan lakh lakh vadhaea - 19 October Thursday - i will be eating plenty of pakoras and jalebi

I thought it was Wednesday and yes to the pakoras and i dont like jalebi so i wont be eating them. ?