Evil spirits

Dsinghd

Guest Jacfsing2
11 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

Do we get nightmares at night due to evil spirits? I watched a film called Ghost and had a nightmare and was wondering if they are linked.

Don't watch t.v. just before going to sleep. What you do last before you go to sleep will affect what your dreams will be like.

3 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Do we get nightmares at night due to evil spirits? I watched a film called Ghost and had a nightmare and was wondering if they are linked.

Obviously they are linked, but linked as in whatever you watch or hear before you sleep, you will most likely dream about it. The evil spirits were in the movie you watched so that registered in your mind and later on you dreamt about it. 

Like @Jacfsing2 paji says, don’t watch these type of things before bedtime. 

How old are you ? 

Dont watch horror films. Im over 21 and have never watched a horror film in my life. My family and friends always laugh that im soo terrified to watch horror films but I just cant bring myself to watch one because I know i would be terrified. 

6 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Nightmares are solely due to the projections/activity of one´s own mind, not to evil spirits.

By the way, whenever you find yourself in similar situations, make use of the most powerful weapon all the sikhs carry along, just repeat Wahiguru, Wahiguru, for then, not only the evil spirits if any, but even their boss Kal, shall flee away.

By His simran, we get filled and surrounded by His Kirpa, for as the Bani says:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਭਉ ਨ ਬਿਆਪੈ ॥

Prabh Kai Simaran Bho N Biaapai .

By meditating on the one Nirbao Nirvair Wahiguru Akal purukh, one becomes also nirbao nirvair, just as Him, for then, our surtee merges and becomes one with Him.

As far as possible avoid intoxicating the mind with "maya", rather give it the Amrit of His Saacha Nao.

Sat Sree Akal

The way it happens is that you watched the movie last then you proceeded to sleep. It was still in your thoughts while you were in the process so it showed up in your dreams.

Nothing fanatical went on there.

I always do Kirtan Sohila before going to sleep in situations like this.

13 minutes ago, Dsinghdp said:

I’m 33 years old.

Nightmares in adults

Nightmares and night terrors are usually associated with children, but they can sometimes also affect adults.

There are many possible causes of adult nightmares, but they're often linked to stress, trauma or an existing mental health condition. They can also occur after taking certain types of medication, such as antidepressants.

Sometimes, a condition that affects sleep can be a trigger for night terrors. For example: 

Nightmares don't usually cause any physical harm, but they can be disturbing or upsetting. They may also prevent you getting a good night's sleep. See your GP if you're having regular nightmares that are affecting your sleep and day-to-day life.

If your nightmares are caused by a particular traumatic event, your GP may recommend psychological treatment, such as counselling.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/night-terrors/Pages/Introduction.aspx

19 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

No

This only applies to scardy cats. 

Next time only watch these films when your with your parents and make sure they hold your hand while watching. 

Also after the movie tell your mum to read you a nice bedtime story with a happy ending to get you over the horror movie you just watched. Finnaly make sure your favourite teddy bear is with you in bed and hold onto tightly through the night. 

That should help you!!