Corruption Examples in Sikhism/Punjab?

Gurmeetsk

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, Gurmeetsk said:

Hi guys,

I'm writing an "anti-corruption" story for which I require examples of corruption that have occured in Sikhism/Punjab in our Modern history

Anyone have any examples?

Thank you so much

In recent Punjabi history, (like very recent), Punjab has a current issue with both the crops as well as water in Punjab being diverted into other states in India, in recent Sikh history the powers of the SGPC have become so corrupted that in the Akal Takht, rather than supporting the actual Jathedar, (Jagtar Singh Hawara), the Akali Dal have pressured Gursikhs into putting a fake Jathedar in, (this was also a case during the Manochahal Singh vs Darshan Ragi). I hope that gives a good start and good luck on your book.

Corruption seems to be our Kaum's speciality nowadays, from corrupt Gurdwara comittees, to fake 'Singhs', fake 'prachariks', fake babeh and our so called political leaders from different parties ready to sell out on the Kaum for anything. For your story look at the corruption which led to us losing the Shere Punjab empire under Maharaja Ranjt Singh with the role of the Dogras, or us losing a large part of Punjab during 1947 with the role of Master Tara Sio or look into the Khalistan movement and you will find plenty of those who sold out on the Kaum.

1 hour ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Corruption seems to be our Kaum's speciality nowadays, from corrupt Gurdwara comittees, to fake 'Singhs', fake 'prachariks', fake babeh and our so called political leaders from different parties ready to sell out on the Kaum for anything. For your story look at the corruption which led to us losing the Shere Punjab empire under Maharaja Ranjt Singh with the role of the Dogras, or us losing a large part of Punjab during 1947 with the role of Master Tara Sio or look into the Khalistan movement and you will find plenty of those who sold out on the Kaum.

Read about the life and role of one of the greatest Sikh leaders Master Tara Singh before writing nonsense about him.

, or us losing a large part of Punjab during 1947 with the role of Master Tara Sio

If you knew your history you would have seen that because of Master Tara Singh we saved some of Panjab. No-one in the world could have kept Panjab muslim majority areas from going to Pakistan.

Do some research bro.

4 minutes ago, chatanga said:

If you knew your history you would have seen that because of Master Tara Singh we saved some of Panjab. No-one in the world could have kept Panjab muslim majority areas from going to Pakistan.

Do some research bro.

I agree that we could not have kept all of Punjab for ourselves, but Tara Sio wasn't a saint. From what I know and have been told from elders in Punjab, is that he was a hindu who was working for the interests of the hindus and british. Either way bro, the sad state our Kaum is in is due to the corruption of our so called leaders, while those who were real such as Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, Manochahal etc were defamed and killed.

I agree that we could not have kept all of Punjab for ourselves, but Tara Sio wasn't a saint. From what I know and have been told from elders in Punjab, is that he was a hindu who was working for the interests of the hindus and british. Either way bro, the sad state our Kaum is in is due to the corruption of our so called leaders, while those who were real such as Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, Manochahal etc were defamed and killed.

Mind your language and how you refer to Sikh leaders. People like you are only good at writing nonsense.

4 minutes ago, chatanga said:

Do some research bro.

I agree that we could not have kept all of Punjab for ourselves, but Tara Sio wasn't a saint. From what I know and have been told from elders in Punjab, is that he was a hindu who was working for the interests of the hindus and british. Either way bro, the sad state our Kaum is in is due to the corruption of our so c

3 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

Mind your language and how you refer to Sikh leaders. People like you are only good at writing nonsense.

LOL what have i said? Did i swear at any one? I think you should chill unless Tara Sio is your baba 

oh boy now it must be very hard to find examples. Of the top of my head, google 'Badal net worth' to see how that bunch who ran punjab till lately miraculously became a lot more wealthy. Prime examples of dodgyness include how the contracts for the Chandigarh airport were allocated. 

Then just follow the trail for the people smuggling from the punjab to the west (and east). That stuff only happens with plenty of brown paper envelopes. 

Then for the most twisted corruption look at how the 'drugs' end up in Punjab. By some miracle the drugs flow across one of the most contested and secure borders in the world (india / pak). How could could such a situation happen without 'greased palms'? where does all that money come from and go to?