"sikh" awarness or indian awareness?

Guest learner singh

Gabroo Khalistan Da,

Let me tell you that online discussion forums are to discuss. If you discuss something then it should not be offensive but you should take it as learning process. People used to believe that earth was flat but now that theory is absurd for us as new research was done and they found that earth was round.. So, religions are distorted so many times and new things come out everyday. You should take it as a learning process and try to get into intelligent discussion and if you can't discuss then read....

You should be aware of this that our panth is not even agreeing on "Rehat Maryada" and maryadas written by Bhaji Chaupa ji, Nand Lal ji and Bhai Desa ji are not same so in that case there are issues.

Also, your claim are that you believe in sikhism and in that case you believe in Guru Granth sahib, but SGGS and your views are quiet different. Can you tell me why?

Also, there is gap in sikhism's history as it was distorted so in that case you should not be so certain about whatever is written has to be true. It can be possible that whatever you believe in for sikhism today might be different tomorrow so make yourself true learner aka sikh and learn and contemplate and don't use internet to abuse, swear people or throw propaganda against them. Only truth is Guru Granth sahib as there is no alteration so try to read it and then you will have the idea of sikhism properly. I'm posting few pages of Gurbani for you to give you idea that sikhism doesn't hate anyone and appreciate other religions.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest learner singh
Page 1049-1050

PRABHAATEE: If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong? According to the Hindus, the Lordís Name abides in the idol, but there is no truth in either of these claims. || 1 || O Allah, O Raam, I live by Your Name. Please show mercy to me, O Master. || 1 || Pause || The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the Muslims lives in the west. So search in your heart ó look deep into your heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives. || 2 || The Brahmins observe twenty-four fasts during the

year, and the Muslims fast during the month of Ramadaan. The Muslims set aside eleven months, and claim that the treasure is only in the one month. || 3 || What is the use of bathing at Orissa? Why do the Muslims bow their heads in the mosque? If someone has deception in his heart, what good is it for him to utter prayers? And what good is it for him to go on pilgrimage to Mecca? || 4 || You fashioned all these men and women, Lord. All these are Your Forms. Kabeer is the child of God, Allah, Raam. All the Gurus and prophets are mine. || 5 || Says Kabeer, listen, O men and women: seek the Sanctuary of the One. Chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O mortals, and you shall surely be carried across. || 6 || 2 ||

PRABHAATEE: First, Allah created the Light; t

hen, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings. From the One Light, the entire universe welled

up. So who is good, and who is bad? || 1 || O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt. The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation, totally pervading and permeating all places. || 1 || Pause || The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways. There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay ó there is nothing wrong with the Potter. || 2 || The One True Lord abides in all; by His making, everything is made. Whoever realizes the Hukam of His Command, knows the One Lord. He alone is said to be the Lordís slave. || 3 || The Lord Allah is Unseen; He cannot be seen. The Guru has blessed me with this sweet molasses. Says Kabeer, my anxiety and fear have been taken away; I see the Immaculate Lord pervading everywhere. || 4 || 3 ||

PRABHAATEE: Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false. You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? || 1 || O Mullah, tell me: is this God's Justice? The doubts of your mind have not been dispelled. || 1 || Pause || You seize a living creature, and then bring it home and kill its body; you have killed only the clay. The light of the soul passes into another form. So tell me, what have you killed? || 2 || And what good are your purifications? Why do you bother to wash your face? And why do you bother to bow your head in the mosque? Your heart is full of hypocrisy; what good are your prayers or your pilgrimage to Mecca? || 3 || You are impure; you do not understand the Pure Lord. You do not know His Mystery. Says Kabeer, you have missed out on paradise; your mind is set on hell. |

24; 4 || 4 ||

PRABHAATEE: Hear my prayer, Lord; You are the Divine Light of the Divine, the Primal, All-pervading Master. The Siddhas in Samaadhi have not found Your limits. They hold tight to the Protection of Your Sanctuary. || 1 || Worship and adoration of the Pure, Primal Lord comes by worshipping the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny. Standing at His Door, Brahma studies the Vedas, but he cannot see the Unseen Lord. || 1 || Pause || With the oil of knowledge about the essence of reality, and the wick of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, this lamp illluminates my body. I have applied the Light of the Lord of the Universe, and lit this lamp. God the Knower knows. || 2 || The Unstruck Melody of the Panch Shabad, the Five Primal Sounds, vibrates and resounds. I dwell with the Lord of the World. Kabeer, Your slave, performs this Aartee, this lamp-lit worship service for You, O Formless Lord of Nirvaanaa. || 3 || 5 ||

Your beliefs are different from Gurbani?

Guest learner singh
SGGS Page 2

Some sing that He seems so very far away. Some sing that He watches over us, face to face, ever-present. There is no shortage of those who preach and teach. Millions upon millions offer millions of sermons and stories. The Great Giver keeps on giving, while those who receive grow weary of receiving. Throughout the ages, consumers consume. The Commander, by His Command, leads us to walk on the Path. O Nanak, He blossoms forth, Carefree and Untroubled. || 3 || True is the Master, True is His Name-speak it with infinite love. People beg and pray, "Give to us, give to us", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts. So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court? What words can we speak to evoke His Love? In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness. By the karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By His Grace, the Gate of Liberation is found. O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. || 4 || He cannot be established, He cannot be created. He Himself is Immaculate and Pure. Those who serve Him are honored. O Nanak, sing of the Lord, the Treasure of Excellence. Sing, and listen, and let your mind be filled with love. Your pain shall be sent far away, and peace shall come to your home. The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all

-pervading. The Guru is Shiva, the Guru is Vishnu and Brahma; the Guru is Paarvati and Lakhshmi. Even knowing God, I cannot describe Him; He cannot be described in words. The Guru has given me this one understanding: there is only the One, the Giver of all souls. May I never forget Him! || 5 || If I am pleasing to Him, then that is my pilgrimage and cleansing bath. Without pleasing Him, what good are ritual cleansings? I gaze upon all the created beings: without the karma of good actions, what are they given to receive? Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies, if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once. The Guru has given me this one understanding: there is only the One, the Giver of all souls. May I never forget Him! || 6 || Even if you could live throughout the four ages, or even ten times more, and even if you were known throughout the nine continents and followed by all, with a good name and reputation, with praise and fame throughout the world-still, if the Lord does not bless you with His Glance of Grace, then who cares? What is the use? Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt. O Nanak, God blesses the unworthy with virtue, and bestows virtue on the virtuous. No one can even imagine anyone who can bestow virtue upon Him. || 7 || Listening-the Siddhas, the spiritual teachers, the heroic warriors, the yogic masters. Listening-the earth, its support and the Akaashic ethers. Listening-the oceans, the lands of the world and the nether regions of the underworld. Listening-Death cannot even touch you. O Nanak, the devotees are forever in bliss. Listening-pain and sin are erased. || 8 || Listening-Shiva, Brahma and Indra. Listening-even foul-mouthed people praise Him. Listening-the technology of Yoga and the secrets of the body. Listening-the Shaastras, the Simritees and the Vedas. O Nanak, the devotees are forever in b

liss.

Gurbani has appreciation about other religion but you hate hinduism and hindus? Do you know what Gurbani's message is?

Thanks!

Guest learner singh

Also you speak insipid a lot which is also against gurmat...

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid. He is called the most insipid of the insipid; the most insipid of the insipid is his reputation. The insipid person is discarded in the Court of the Lord, and the insipid one's face is spat upon. The insipid one is called a fool; he is beaten with shoes in punishment.

Insipid mean in punjabi is " manda bolna jaa Fikka bolna" so are you sure that you're learning sikhism or believe in Guru Granth sahib?

Guest learner singh

Also, sikhism is not "Amino acid" which will dissolve so don't be so insecure about it. Follow Guru ji's words and believe in distinct personality as Guru ji said that as long as Khalsa is distinct he would be with Khalsa, if not then he won't help them.

:nihungsmile:

Sat Sri Akal:

Your post Learner Singh Sahib brought up a point I wanted to discuss. Many people have used that same quote about the Vedas as substaintiation of Sikhs believing in the Vedas or even revering them.

Guru Sahib makes a clear distinction in Gurbani. The quote you give clearly states that the Vedas are not false. But Guru Gobind Singh's Chaupai Sahib has the lines "Ram Rahim Puran Koran, Anek Kahe Mat Ek Na Maneyo". So yes, the Vedas are not false, but they are not the focus of Sikhism (consequently, reading of the Vedas reveals why. It is a text fcused on praising the multitude dieties for completion of various tasks).

Sikhism does not discount religious scriptures or call them false. However, a Sikh is to only rever the Guru Granth Sahib and its single devotion to the Almighty, not revere the multiple dieties found in the Vedas, or give weight to the various opinions in other religious books.

Just thought I would bring it up as a contra-point to some RSS parchar.

On the issue of the Rehat Maryada, the Panth on a general basis does agree. It is many minorities that are being quite vocal. The individual Rehats written by various Sikhs were analyzed, scrutinized, compared with Gurbani and then judged for their inclusion into the Rehat Maryada. This Rehat Maryada was then compiled and passed with the general acceptance of the Sikh Panth.

Guest learner singh

m514,

Let me tell you that sikhs have no fear if they keep their distinct personality and thats it.

As far as, it goes to other religions Guru ji never hated anyone and Sikhism is new revealed religion. Lets not throw everything on RSS when our own are in row to go against whats in our Guru Granth sahib. There is no mention in Guru Granth sahib where Guru ji hated other religions but were against rituals and absurd beliefs, and they proved them wrong with debates. Gabru Khalsa da without finishing Guru Granth sahib thats what I assume about you is on this site which is sikhi site and preaching wrong message of sikhism.

Guru simply said that "All human races are same" and he tries to portray hindus and hinduism some kind of evil for sikhs which is 100% wrong if im wrong then go ahead edit all the gurbani and make it same as your thoughts or same as other khalistani claiming guys.

Guru Sahib makes a clear distinction in Gurbani. The quote you give clearly states that the Vedas are not false. But Guru Gobind Singh's Chaupai Sahib has the lines "Ram Rahim Puran Koran, Anek Kahe Mat Ek Na Maneyo". So yes, the Vedas are not false, but they are not the focus of Sikhism (consequently, reading of the Vedas reveals why. It is a text fcused on praising the multitude dieties for completion of various tasks).

Yes, and my point is to let Garbu khalistan da know that he is

preaching and spreading something which is not in sikhism unless there is another Guru ji's bani he been reading then I can agree with him because as far as it goes to Gurbani I believe in SGGS and it has no hate for anyone so stop making Sikhism "Whabhism" and this is what my message for him and other like him.

I noticed that sikhs on this site are so insecure that they think that sikhism is some kind of acid which will dissolve in Hinduism. Sikhism is completely new and revealed religion but without knowledge you can't be sure and once you have knowledge then if there are 500 more RSS/VHP you won't even give a damn about them because your insecurities will be gone with knowledge of sikhism. So, my advice to this gabru dude is that go learn about sikhism properly and then your insecurities will be gone and also hate....

Your post Learner Singh Sahib brought up a point I wanted to discuss. Many people have used that same quote about the Vedas as substaintiation of Sikhs believing in the Vedas or even revering them.

Insecure sikhs need to first contemplate Guru granth sahib and read it fully and then they won't have any problem. I don't have because I know the truth but when you are far away from truth then there is no possibilities to clear anyone's ignorance. simple advice is learn about your sikhism don't make fun of it by reading few articles online but finish Guru Granth sahib and read it with full dedication.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest learner singh
i did'nt say they're dissolving, neither have i diss'd ne other religion so ur quotes remain void

i said its an attempt to disolve and cause partition if i may add

v. good point made my ms 154

THe site is there not for the progress of sikhi, but for the progress of the demise of sikhi. And the absorption of it into hinduisim.
There is no way sikhism can dissolve so start reading Guru Granth sahib otherwise your will be insecure like this. There is no way you can take away truth and believe on me SGGS and sikhism is pure truth so don't worry about it. It will flourish forever for sikhs.
i said its an attempt to disolve and cause partition if i may add

Meat issue, keski, ragmala and Gurdwaras managements and other issues of sikh panth are the cause, so work on them and have so

me tolerance for others views, and Khalsa and sikhism will grow and flourish otherwise keep "crying" and throw blames on others for our own faults.

First of all, i see this topic as nothing new. If u look offline, you would see our elder bringing up the same issue in Gurdwaras.

We are better than them etc mentality is wrong.

I agree with Simran ji that we should not downplay the hardwork of indviduals.

If I was to act like the person who started this post, i could go to another forum and start a post on this site looking down on sikhawareness.com for silly reasons, which we all know is not true but it can be done. Lets reply to people making statements that you do not agree with instead of walking away and making comments elsewhere.

:T: ^_^