Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tharkhan boy

Jatt girl tharkhan boy

Recommended Posts

Guest Tharkhan boy   
Guest Tharkhan boy

Hi, I have an issue which shouldn't be an issue but it's eating me. I'm a Tharkhan boy and have been speaking to this Jatt girl (excuse the caste labels but that's the only way I can explain it), we both like each other and would like a future together I.e marriage.

The problem I have is that she has a fear that her parents will not accept me as I am not a jatt, I've tried explaining to her Sikhi has no caste system and what our ancestors did for a living has no meaning in today's society. We are both professionals but ever since she overheard her parents mention they would only accept jatt as a partner for her, she has been very distance, she doesn't want to stop talking but also doesn't know what future will hold. We both have feelings for one another but how can i get her to overcome this fear she has? 

Any help or advice would be very appreciated and I can understand this issue may have been talked about a lot in past.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2   
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Veerji you are completely correct about the fact that in Sikhi there are no castes. But have you spoken to her parents yet? Even if you two don't have a future together, there is still someone else in the world that is meant for you. But her parents saying that they will only accept a jatt is very narrow-minded and silly. Just pray and do an ardas to Vaheguru Ji and I will guarantee you that He will not let you down and he will grant your wish but only if you doing with focus, love and dedication (towards Vaheguru not the girl :rofl) and He will answer your prayers. Just have a bit of bharosa (faith) in Vaheguru and He will do everything for you. Anyway, hope this helped and share anything else you are worrying/thinking about.

VJKK VJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simran345    2,464

Kaur 2 penji, have you thought of making an account? It would be easier for you, as you have posted a few posts and for us also, to give emoticons to your posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest London jwaan   
Guest London jwaan

This is a very unfortunate situation that you are experiencing, and is an achilles heel of our community.

Rightly so, casteism has no place in sikhism, and whilst many Sikhs shout pro khalistan messages and the like, so lots of paath, they then display ridiculous casteism and materialistic nonsense when it comes to marrying off their daughters. 

For the avoidance of doubt, what you are experiencing is first degree, idiotic jattism. This is mutually exclusive from sikhism.

Is complicated, as you have written that you both have feelings for each other, but my advice would be a rhetorical question : do you want to be married into a behvkoof family displaying low intellect, who consider you inferior for no valid reason from the outset? No I didn't think so.

Wjkk wjkf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Tharkhan boy   
Guest Tharkhan boy
2 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Veerji you are completely correct about the fact that in Sikhi there are no castes. But have you spoken to her parents yet? Even if you two don't have a future together, there is still someone else in the world that is meant for you. But her parents saying that they will only accept a jatt is very narrow-minded and silly. Just pray and do an ardas to Vaheguru Ji and I will guarantee you that He will not let you down and he will grant your wish but only if you doing with focus, love and dedication (towards Vaheguru not the girl :rofl) and He will answer your prayers. Just have a bit of bharosa (faith) in Vaheguru and He will do everything for you. Anyway, hope this helped and share anything else you are worrying/thinking about.

VJKK VJKF

Thank you for your advice, just need the opportunity to talk to her parents. Life is so complicated already yet we still find a way to make it even worse. 😂

I think you maybe correct, just need to focus on vaheguru, everything will become clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2   
Guest Kaur 2
11 hours ago, simran345 said:

Kaur 2 penji, have you thought of making an account? It would be easier for you, as you have posted a few posts and for us also, to give emoticons to your posts. 

I am thinking of it, will probably do it sometime.Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur 2   
Guest Kaur 2
11 hours ago, simran345 said:

Kaur 2 penji, have you thought of making an account? It would be easier for you, as you have posted a few posts and for us also, to give emoticons to your posts. 

Made an account called: TKaur. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mann-Sahib    2

To Guest Tharkan Boy

 

Singh have some self respect, dont run around her if she is already becoming distant from you.  She is well aware of Sikhi and the fact that there is NO caste in Sikhi - if she cant stand by those beliefs then why are you bothering?  You dont need to convince her of anything - leave her alone and find someone else.  If she cant stand up for whats right now she never will.  

 

Maintain your self respect - your not lower than anyone and nor do you need to convince / persuade anyone.

All the best

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Tharkhan boy   
Guest Tharkhan boy

Hi thanks for your responses London Iwaan, I have thought about it and frankly don't want to be married into that type of narrow mindedness family.

Maan sahib, it was worth a shot but after much consideration I have decided not to pursue her nor begin any talks regarding marriage. It's like you've said I have self respect to not lower myself for anyone.

Thanks for taking time out to respond, I was on the same thinking as everyone here but needed reassurance that I was correct in my thinking. 

WJKK WJKF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest stand up for yorself   
Guest stand up for yorself
On 09/10/2017 at 5:52 PM, Guest Tharkhan boy said:

Hi, I have an issue which shouldn't be an issue but it's eating me. I'm a Tharkhan boy and have been speaking to this Jatt girl (excuse the caste labels but that's the only way I can explain it), we both like each other and would like a future together I.e marriage.

The problem I have is that she has a fear that her parents will not accept me as I am not a jatt, I've tried explaining to her Sikhi has no caste system and what our ancestors did for a living has no meaning in today's society. We are both professionals but ever since she overheard her parents mention they would only accept jatt as a partner for her, she has been very distance, she doesn't want to stop talking but also doesn't know what future will hold. We both have feelings for one another but how can i get her to overcome this fear she has? 

Any help or advice would be very appreciated and I can understand this issue may have been talked about a lot in past.

Thanks

If her parents dont agree, tell her to stand up and teach them. 

If they don't listen then tell her to do what she wants, she's free to make her own choices, we all are. If her parents are so small minded thats their own fault not yours. Tell her to toughen up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Tharkhan boy   
Guest Tharkhan boy
16 hours ago, Guest stand up for yorself said:

If her parents dont agree, tell her to stand up and teach them. 

If they don't listen then tell her to do what she wants, she's free to make her own choices, we all are. If her parents are so small minded thats their own fault not yours. Tell her to toughen up.

 

Pretty much what I've said her to do, why live to please others causing yourself pain in the name of something insignificant and not even part of Sikhi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×