Name and shame corrupt Gurdwara commitee's that put business before sangat and parchar

superkaur

21 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I agree with your post. Most of us are not of uchi avastha to know what our Guru's appearance was without pictures/paintings, and if done in a good way, brings us closer to Sikhi

you do you realise that the only true likeness we can see is Guru Teg Bahadur ji's self-portrait rest is ...

Just now, Premi5 said:

You have had darshan of all the Guru's then, I guess?

point I'm making is relying on someone's imagination is just that ... like my husband pointed out when I got disappointed I could not see the footsteps nishan of Guru ji at Chungthung on the boulder 'is it more important to know His word's and actions or see evidence of his footfall?' 

Is it more important to know the shape of the nose , the colour of the skin or deepness of His love and experience of hearing his Bani? Waheguru ji lives in all of us , in everything we see the bismaad is endless when you sit and contemplate...

39 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

point I'm making is relying on someone's imagination is just that ... like my husband pointed out when I got disappointed I could not see the footsteps nishan of Guru ji at Chungthung on the boulder 'is it more important to know His word's and actions or see evidence of his footfall?' 

Is it more important to know the shape of the nose , the colour of the skin or deepness of His love and experience of hearing his Bani? Waheguru ji lives in all of us , in everything we see the bismaad is endless when you sit and contemplate...

I will agree to disagree. 

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

distort the event/person depicted to suit an agenda and thus create a subconcious bias

Kathakaars do this all the time.

What about the Nanaksar version portrait of Guru Nanak Dev Ji? It is said to be created with Sant Mahapurkhs baksh.

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Most of us are not of uchi avastha to know what our Guru's appearance was without pictures/paintings, and if done in a good way, brings us closer to Sikhi

Exactly. It's natural curiosity to know what the Guru's looked like - even those with a uchi suchi Jeevan have a deep desire to do Darshan of Guru Sahiban in human form.

All my posts refer to your average Joe Blow, not Srimaan Sant Baba Gyani XYZ Singh Ji Maharaaj.