Guest Kaur

Varth

Guest Kaur   
Guest Kaur

So i have heard its Varth tomorow. I just wondered  if anybody celebrates it and if you dont, why not ? 

simran345    2,467
3 hours ago, Guest Kaur said:

So i have heard its Varth tomorow. I just wondered  if anybody celebrates it and if you dont, why not ? 

As a Sikh, I don’t celebrate it, as I see it as a ritual that has no outcome. There are some pangtis of what Guruji says about fasting in the link below:

Edited by simran345
Added more.

Guest Kaur 2   
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I don't celebrate it but all the ladies in my family celebrate it. I don't believe in it because how will fasting protect your husband? Only by the recitation of Naam will he be protected and I just believe it to be a ritual. Guru Ji tells us that such rituals are pointless and not to be wasted time upon. However, this is my opinion and I am dearly sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

VJKK VJKF                          :waheguru:

Guest Kaur 2   
Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Varth is a celebration when the wife has to fast for the longliveity and health of her husband. The point I am trying to make is why does the wife only have to fast for the husband why doesn't the husband fast for his wife? Sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intention.

VJKK VJKF

S1ngh    1,394

It’s the ritual created by other culture/religion to control/degrade/slave the female gender. Our guru sahib jees teaching is far advance than this  ancient slavery controlling lifestyle. 

Sikhs do not believe in this as well as sandoor type culture. There are some of our brothers/sisters who follow these alien non-Sikh culture because they got assimilated into their culture by power of media (shows/films etc).

• Like 1

Kira    1,264

I'm pretty sure starving yourself will bring alot of good luck to your family.

Sukhmani Sahib is clear on these kind of rituals, Astpadhi 4 says that rituals will never rid you of the inner filth.

• Like 2

harsharan000    2,090

Varth as fasting, will only help to make our organism  work fine, as it works  24 hours 7 days, it needs a break also as all machines do need.

In hinduism or maybe in other religions also, it is done to please the gods, in addition to other forms of worship, from whom one may receive some type of rewards, that´s it, though all this is being stuck in maya, very much in the cycle of 84.

Purity, divinity, gyan, at its peak, is only in Wahiguru and His Saacha Nao, and it is only in His devotion Guru Sahiban, and Bhagat Jan, as per Bani, tell us to give our love and bhakti.

If ever, we have to fast to become better human beings, let us regularly fast on our weaknesses, which are malice, avarice, jealousy, hatred, falsehood, ego, anger, desires, anger....until we one day are able to totally erradictae them from our within.

It is not easy to achieve that state of purity, but nevertheless we should keep trying, and keep knocking at His door for His kirpa, His forgiveness, for all our huge gathered piles of filth(sins) within us since we left His darbar, and stepped into this mayavee creation.

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 1

simran345    2,467

It’s ironic,  the men don’t sacrifice anything for their wives like the women do with karva chauth celebration. It’s like rakhri same logic, the woman is portrayed as being lower than the man and the women sacrificing something for their protection. 

There’s only one set of people benefitting from it, and that’s the businesses that are making extra from it, beauty parlours, suit and sweets shops. 

jkvlondon    3,532
10 hours ago, simran345 said:

It’s ironic,  the men don’t sacrifice anything for their wives like the women do with karva chauth celebration. It’s like rakhri same logic, the woman is portrayed as being lower than the man and the women sacrificing something for their protection. 

There’s only one set of people benefitting from it, and that’s the businesses that are making extra from it, beauty parlours, suit and sweets shops. 

you forgot you are doing a disservice to your Singh as you are feeding his haumai... total the opposite of what the mission of wife is about in Gurmat

In Hindu thought a woman CANNOT get moksh until she is reborn as a guy , that chance only comes after doing lifelong sewa and pooja of her Pati Parmeshvar ....no wonder they were treated like disposable items in terms of war and had to rescued by Singhs. The whole attitude of widow shaming , blaming and punishment/shunning  stems from this very misogynistic mindset- that's why they have huge widow colonies in Benares , they have been kicked out by their families as being harbingers of doom and trajedy.

DO WE SEE HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO BE BORN IN SIKHI DI PANTH YET, OR ARE YOU STILL CONVINCED HINDUS HAVE IT RIGHT KAUR JI?

enjoy

Edited by jkvlondon

simran345    2,467
33 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you forgot you are doing a disservice to your Singh as you are feeding his haumai... total the opposite of what the mission of wife is about in Gurmat

In Hindu thought a woman CANNOT get moksh until she is reborn as a guy , that chance only comes after doing lifelong sewa and pooja of her Pati Parmeshvar ....no wonder they were treated like disposable items in terms of war and had to rescued by Singhs. The whole attitude of widow shaming , blaming and punishment/shunning  stems from this very misogynistic mindset- that's why they have huge widow colonies in Benares , they have been kicked out by their families as being harbingers of doom and trajedy.

DO WE SEE HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO BE BORN IN SIKHI DI PANTH YET, OR ARE YOU STILL CONVINCED HINDUS HAVE IT RIGHT KAUR JI?

enjoy

Penji, I think it’s a load of ****. No it’s not right, it’s not treating women properly. Like I said, it’s making the woman lower than the man. 

The business comment was a sarcastic one, as they are adding to the problem. I’m not doing any disservice, as I don’t celebrate such nonsense celebrations. 

Edited by simran345
Added more.

jkvlondon    3,532
4 hours ago, simran345 said:

Penji, I think it’s a load of ****. No it’s not right, it’s not treating women properly. Like I said, it’s making the woman lower than the man. 

The business comment was a sarcastic one, as they are adding to the problem. I’m not doing any disservice, as I don’t celebrate such nonsense celebrations. 

didn't say you were but any Kaur who picks up this stupid mentality will be uprooting her own sikhi and freedom with her own hands 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.