TigerForce1

Jagmeet Singh is new leader of the NDP Canada

jkvlondon    3,530
3 hours ago, scali said:

My analysis of her from her you tube post was she was sent by Indian govt to discredit him. Due to the unfortunate Muslim-Sikh confusion exist in the west She was just using that to create a scene.

nah just using him  to generate publicity for her protest  against anti-islamphobhia anti-racist  motion 106  of course she didn't target any of the other white politicians that passed the motion... cynical racist move on her part to use his look to get column inches then tries to throw shade at his mention of past experience of profiling ...

• Like 1

JSinghnz    933
7 hours ago, TigerForce1 said:

In Punjabi there is saying 'moot vich machiyaan maardaa'.  You are doing just that!  

The guy is an Amritdhari Singh who happens to be the grandson of 'Seva Singh Theekriwala' (famous freedom fighter during the British Raj).  He comes from pedigree that is not brought up to remain silent.  He was awarded the 'Sikh of the Year in 2013' but was refused a visa to travel to Amritsar receive it because of the voice he raised against the 1984 state sponsored genocide.  He has not backed down to this day.  'Hardly the actions of someone who is repressed'!

The Canadians gravitate to Jagmeet Singh because he is transparent, honest and is brave enough to take on difficult issues.  All of these qualities are shaped by his faith and heritage.  This why he is a success and this is the reason why so many other pretenders who run Gurdwara comitees and so called politicians in the U.K and Punjab fall short.  They are neither committed to their faith, to their people or brave enough to raise their voice in protest.  Too scared to rock the boat!

Well said Tiger.

• Like 1

S1ngh    1,392

What’s the matter with our kaum.. why our kids are lingering on getting married. I have couple of my friends who are in mid 30’s and still single. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 4

Kira    1,261
5 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Big Tera and the other dude calling Jagmeet Singh a homosexual, both of you should stop making yourselves look like jealous little kids. 

Big Tera -what grounds have you got to doubt Jagmeet? Because he is successful?

Premi- Do you think he is homosexual as your own gaydar is working over time?

Typical wasteman mentality, bring someone down who is doing well. Jagmeet is an ex monah turned Amritdhari who has always acted and conducted himself very well, made Singhs look fashionable and has took the injustices of the Khalistan movement to an international stage.

Big Tera and Premi - what have you both done? Unless you can even match 1% of what Jagmeet has done, I suggest you stop making yourselves look stupid.

preach brother.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

simran345    2,464
On 03/10/2017 at 8:02 PM, Premi5 said:

His wiki page says he is unmarried. Chances he is a repressed homosexual?

So what he’s unmarried. Just because somebody isn’t married, does not make them a homosexual. Gosh, talk about over analysis 😧

• Like 3

Premi5    66
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

So what he’s unmarried. Just because somebody isn’t married, does not make them a homosexual. Gosh, talk about over analysis 😧

I never said he is homosexual. It is just quite unusual for a Sikh to be unmarried in their late 30's. He seems a good guy

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

simran345    2,464
9 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I never said he is homosexual. It is just quite unusual for a Sikh to be unmarried in their late 30's. He seems a good guy

ok 

jkvlondon    3,530
12 minutes ago, simran345 said:

ok 

not in the legal field as they take making partner seriously and that was his chosen route to politics through the legislative arm. He came to politics later than other career politicians

• Like 2

TejS    242

A very proud moment for not only Canadian Sikhs like myself, however for all Sikhs as well.

I do think that he is rushing his political journey though, and it may backfire on him. The NDP has never gotten to the federal level, it has never won a single federal victory, and with Jagmeet, a visible minority, being the leader, this may only get harder. I personally think he shouldn't be running for PM, instead he should have ran for NDP Leader of Ontario, and subsequently for the Premiership of Ontario, where there is a lot of apne who support him. He could've been the first Sikh premier of Ontario, which would have been far more likely to happen than PM of Canada, and then after having gained more political clout as a Premier, he could have ran for the leadership of the NDP party later, and subsquently for PM as well. But then again, what do I know, I haven't even gotten my first job yet -_-.

With that said, kudos to him for being not only the first Sikh, but also minority party leader in Canada. He's always been an inspiration of mine growing up, and this victory inspires me even more. And I'll definitely support him on his journey to the federal elections.

And to those questioning why he isn't married, well I mean c'mon, he's been working his rear off to get into the position he is in today, I highly doubt he has time for love and dating. Also, jumping on to conclusions about his sexuality is just stupid. 

Edited by TejS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
7 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Yea....because to become leader of the party he had to wrestle you in a chicken mud match.  

Why are people so stupid.

Just because a bunch of Punjabis united and allowed someone from a minor party to win the election means nothing. In the previous election for the NDP Martin Singh withdrew because he couldn't get enough Punjabis to the polls. Wheras Jagmeet Singh did. Again 50k is less than all the Punjabis in Canada.

jkvlondon    3,530
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Just because a bunch of Punjabis united and allowed someone from a minor party to win the election means nothing. In the previous election for the NDP Martin Singh withdrew because he couldn't get enough Punjabis to the polls. Wheras Jagmeet Singh did. Again 50k is less than all the Punjabis in Canada.

and 69% of canandians would be willing to vote him into office as Prime minister , your point?

• Like 2