Questions from an ignorant manmukh vol.2

SeekingSikhi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Suppose that someday I decide to take Amrit. Some of the K's are "easy" to maintain, while others might prove problematic. I'm currently studying to become a nurse, but do not know what my eventual setting will be. If I wind up working in surgery, having an untrimmed beard may not only be prohibited, but dangerous. Are there special dispensations for such things? Do any of you know of individuals who have dealt with such issues? Would it preclude me from taking Amrit? Similarly, what's the legal process like for changing one's name?

I've assisted in theatre as part of my medical training. I found orthopaedic hoods and masks best for covering turban and beard. 

Sikhi is a way of life. It should be part of your every decision, every action, every fibre of your being. Maintaining your 5Ks is down to you - it's as easy or as hard as you make it. If you know you aren't willing to make the effort to look after your rehat, then don't take amrit. Just like if you don't study and put the effort in for your training, there's no point in becoming a nurse.