Big_Tera

How To increase Sikh population in UK

On 25/09/2017 at 1:04 PM, Dsinghdp said:

Living in the capital London is the best option in the UK. Where I live Birmingham it is one big ghetto.

Best option for what? Job wise it probably is, but too much congestion and pollution compared to West Midlands. There’s some nice places around, whereas as London is all go, go, go. No neighbourhood environment in the capital. 

5 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Best option for what? Job wise it probably is, but too much congestion and pollution compared to West Midlands. There’s some nice places around, whereas as London is all go, go, go. No neighbourhood environment in the capital. 

Yes you're right. I was talking about job wise. London is the financial centre.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Right...there are no ghettos in London? There are plenty. Remember where the 2011 riots started?

Sorry I forgot about the riots. 

The thread has gone off topic slightly. This is about how we are suppose to attract more followers to Sikhi. 

Really this should have been done along time ago. But our leaders are silly and cant be bothered. The heads of the Gurdwaras have the funding to do events and missionary wok in the UK. But they are more concerned about the rohinga in Burma then about the future of the our faith. 

Its now down to the younger generation those with know how in the field to partake in missionary work. We can all do this I suppose. If we really made some effort. Ie handing our leaflets. Door to door knocking and interfaith events. Social media, youtube and twitter ect. 

We cannot be just satisfied with the odd token event in the high street. There needs to be a conserted and prolonged effort which will require hard work. We will have to give our time and energy. But if we all did a little bit it will have a big impact. 

Edited by Big_Tera

On 2017-09-24 at 5:32 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

One lady who recieved backlash from just about everyone. Gurdwaras vandalized? Maybe in Ontario, haven't heard of such an incident in BC so far. The Punjabis in Brampton aren't angels, if anything, they're probably the bullies. People know who are, I've never been mistaken for a Muslim .

Obviously every country has their problems, but you're exaggerating. Do you even live in Canada? 

That gurdawara incident was in B.C and I live n Canada,  the amount of racism in B C exists Brampton BC and Toronto don't have any good youths they're all criminals only a few that are actual Sikhs Even now I see "terrorist towel heads" written at parks

Also happened in Edmonton that wrote "Leave Canada" at the side of the gurdawara and another vandal in Calgary that had nazi swatizka painted over the side and hate terms 

They tried to get some immigration group going to white people being "is this what you want" when Sikhs started moving in, they branded Springdale as "Singhdale" Browntown Brangladesh etc there even was that racist lady on YouTube with that strange thin eyebrows. This isn't a new trend the earliest it began was 1999

3 hours ago, KhalistanYouth said:

They tried to get some immigration group going to white people being "is this what you want" when Sikhs started moving in, they branded Springdale as "Singhdale" Browntown Brangladesh etc there even was that racist lady on YouTube with that strange thin eyebrows. This isn't a new trend the earliest it began was 1999

And if you lived inPunjab you would support lots of people from foreign land and cultures taking over your town? I doubt it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

And if you lived inPunjab you would support lots of people from foreign land and cultures taking over your town? I doubt it. 

Canada never has and never will belong to the goreh.

Their ancestors/forefathers invaded and stole the land from its native people in the same way of the Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. Their descendants are now sowing what they reaped while remaining ignorant of history so the thought of sympathy shouldn't even enter the mind, in my opinion.

Perhaps they should've stayed in their caves and let the world prosper on its own because intolerance runs in their blood.

Edited by GuestSingh

4 hours ago, GuestSingh said:

Canada never has and never will belong to the goreh.

Their ancestors/forefathers invaded and stole the land from its native people in the same way of the Native Americans and Australian Aboriginals. Their descendants are now sowing what they reaped while remaining ignorant of history so the thought of sympathy shouldn't even enter the mind, in my opinion.

Perhaps they should've stayed in their caves and let the world prosper on its own because intolerance runs in their blood.

Stole? Its human nature. Throughout history people have been conquering and/or wiping out other people to take their lands. Most of the time, it wasn't by pretty means. Natives weren't able to hold their land and lost, simple. Are we supposed to return every bit of land to the very original inhabitants? 

Edited by KhoonKaBadlaKhoon
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Stole? Its human nature. Throughout history people have been conquering and/or wiping out other people to take their lands. Most of the time, it wasn't by pretty means. Natives weren't able to hold their land and lost, simple. Are we supposed to return every bit of land to the very original inhabitants? 

The intentions of the british invasion and occupation were not as simple as you suggest. It was for exploitation of the entire world, not survival. That is the difference. They oppressed native populations before taking land without consent and through aggressive force. Are you saying that is not theft?

steal

verb: steal; 3rd person present: steals; past tense: stole; gerund or present participle: stealing; past participle: stolen

1.take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

"thieves stole her bicycle"

synonyms:purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift;

They had, in my eyes, these key advantages:

• various strategies (formations) from previous wars and battles
  • advanced weapons i.e. guns for quicker and easier genocide
  • democratic law and courts that were purposely biased for exploitation
  • an evil mindset able to lie, deceive and attack
  • no fear of God

The natives welcomed them, despite given false promises, before eventually losing their fight through famine and disease, which were brought over by the goreh due to poor hygiene (monthly/annual bathing). Not even the natural plants and herbs they used to treat infections and illnesses could save them from this cross-contamination.

I suggest you watch 'Trail of Tears' to gain a clear and better understanding of these events in the mid-19th century, not hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 7:42 PM, proactive said:

Why not combine these two ideas with the idea of open days. Have a stall in the high street and approach non-Sikhs by inviting them to the local Gurdwara open day. The British are interested in knowing about non-Abrahamic religion as they have rejected the old angry guy in the sky type of religious belief. Islam is no different and the only Brits who convert to that religion are prisoners or women because their Muslim husband demands that they do. 

Hopefully we can do this. But not sure how we can get it done as our leaders are not exactly for the idea. They believe every religion is right.S what is the need to try and convert others. Even though that is what our guru did. Guru Nanak yet we cannot do it. 

16 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Canada is what it is today because of white Europeans. It is an English and French-speaking country

Like the us, uk and australia, it is a 'melting pot' of immigrants from across the world. Those people worked hard to build a better life for themselves and their efforts strengthened the economy to what it is today. Why ignore their contribution? Both the country and economy would be different without them. Don't just praise the goreh.

31 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

Like the us, uk and australia, it is a 'melting pot' of immigrants from across the world. Those people worked hard to build a better life for themselves and their efforts strengthened the economy to what it is today. Why ignore their contribution? Both the country and economy would be different without them. Don't just praise the goreh.

At least the British let us wear turbans in schools, work places etc. The French are mega racist. By the way we should not give a White people so much attention because they love it.