HAWAEIN (1984 MOVIE)

Akaali

Well, its going to be released august 15th (in my area atleast). From what I've heard its not against Sikhs, it shows the harsh reality, and shows what really happened during that year, the director of the movie was on this radio station and he was saying that 15 of his closest friends died in 1984. From his loss, he gained the courage to make this movie, and show what happened, because most of the hindu population didn't know what happened, since they closed all roads and exits, from and to Punjab during a short period of time.

I think its good as long as it doesn't open old wounds, because sometimes it hurts even more, when you see images of what happened. :D

For the movie, it will be opening in local(english) theatres in Toronto, starting august 15th, so make sure you guys check it out..

Enough talkin for me, lol rolleyes.gif What do you guys think? Good/Bad? B) wubb.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Sangat Sahib's views on the movie would be appreciated on the movie. I looked at the poster for the movie, and I became quite upset, as it showed Hindus hiding for cover from the "terrible" Sikhs who were riding on scooters with AK-47s. Perhaps this is being taken out of context, but to this I take great offence. My family was there in 1984 (self included) and the Sikhs were the complete victims. Go to http://www.carnage84.com and see for yourself how many Sikhs died and how many Hindus died.

One thing that was remarkable that my dad told me was one one of the days after the genocide was occuring, we came out of hiding and he read on the wall a message for the thugs and the goons. It read "Khalsa Eho Nahi Maraya Janda" (The Khalsa Can't be Killed This Way)!!!

So please, sangat ji, tell of your views on the movie. I am really interested as to how the movie is (I can't being myself to watch any more Indian movies...they tend to turn my stonach...the sheer Bollywoodness annoys the heck out of me!).

Guest mehtab

because it does show a few sikhs as evil killers...i juz saw the website...one balwant singh and raghu are characters of sikhs with beard n turban and shown as bad people...

Sat Sri Akal:

See...always gotta make a Sikh look bad some way. The last Indian movie I saw was Border. And what do you see? The REAL people deployed there (120 of them)...95 of them were Sikhs. What...you can't find any Sikhs in Punjab to play roles in Border? And this was a movie that supposedly portrayed Sikhs in a good role? What next, Battles against Pakistan being fought by Nirankaris instead of Sikhs?

Nonsense. Bollywood my eye. I hope that Hollywood launches a gigantic lawsuit against Indian Cinema...or as I call it, the world's largest Xerox machine!

Yeah, keep 'em coming. Give Sikhs more reasons not to like India.

in the 80s all motorcycles where banned in punjab cause singhs used them as a fast scape rout after doing their mahan seva of ridding punjab of the scum police who accepted money per head of sikh. And all other figures who aided in the death of singhs. This is a fact, they'd have jeeps infront of every convoy of deputy of chief with stain guns mounted incase a motorcycle where to be spotted, but singhs without fear would take out the body gaurd then their primary target ie. beanta. Or the great shaheeds mahurpurshs sukha and jinda khalsaye took out vadiya while motorcycle mounted. Actually all their actions where motorcycle mounted.

But the movie is obviously in support of inidas actions as it can be realsed in india.

Well, I read all of your views, and I truly agree, that hindi movies, is just a politics scheme.

You gotta look at it this way, politics is such a big game, hindi movies, is just a part of the master plan, and it works so effectively on people, because media changes the way we think, the way we dress, eat, sleep, everything we do is what we see on T.V.

Its like media is the society's Guru, lol. But Gurmukhs follow the almighty, and his word, and think, dress, eat, sleep, according to his word, according to his will. wubb.gif

Well, not getting off topic, grin.gif I just wanna say, if this movie is against Sikhs, the director is going to get the thrashing of his life, since he's in Toronto, and we got one of the biggest taksali gurdwaras in the world, in MALTON :D So he should be the one concerned. :nihungsmile:

With Gur kirpa, what he said on the radio about the movie showing the true reality is true...my two cents pyareo!

Bhul chuk maaf!