Saabat surat sikh man dances effeminately to the tune of naagin song

On 17/09/2017 at 4:01 PM, sikhni777 said:

You posted it on a religious website, when I thought you should be posting other valid info that would encourage a youngster or a housewife like me into becoming a better Sikh. 

Just realised I just wasted five minutes of my precious life which I could have spent doing some simran, or learning a new shabad.

No time to waste 

12 hours ago, Kaur501 said:

haha music can change the world because it can change people...

why do you think Guru Pita ji told us not to listen to aam gaaney but gurbani kirtan , dhadi vaar ? Guru ji is written in musical raags to get people hearts and minds to be open . 
Modern musical production is about creating pyschological hooks not lyric content

Guest Jacfsing2
14 hours ago, Kaur501 said:

haha music can change the world because it can change people...

That's exactly what music does. The power of songs is incredible, the only thing that can influence someone even more is Guru Sahib bimself and his Kirtan. Recommend you watch this guy explain the main corruption of modern white and black people music: 

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

why do you think Guru Pita ji told us not to listen to aam gaaney but gurbani kirtan , dhadi vaar ? Guru ji is written in musical raags to get people hearts and minds to be open . 
Modern musical production is about creating pyschological hooks not lyric content

when did Guru ji say not to listen to aam gaaney ?

I agree modern songs are filled with sensual pleasures, esp sex . But back then even aam gaaney must have been innocuous 

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I agree modern songs are filled with sensual pleasures, esp sex . But back then even aam gaaney must have been innocuous 

what  are the themes of aam gaaney look i want love, look i got love, look i lost love then there's the violent gansta, the pimping gangsta, the overtly sexualised teenybopper songs, the outright nonsense songs , maybe a handful of protest songs ... loads of great ideas ...not

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

If you compare music in this era, to some older era, the topics in the past were diverse, whether it was western music or eastern music. Also writing songs was something which required actual talent, lyrics would be carefully written and instruments would be diverse. Today anyone who has no education in music or song-writing can make something up, and simply focus on making beats, (most of which are the exact same). 

11 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

That's exactly what music does. The power of songs is incredible, the only thing that can influence someone even more is Guru Sahib bimself and his Kirtan. Recommend you watch this guy explain the main corruption of modern white and black people music: 

Music is a universal language.. Why have you called out the so called 'corruption' of white black music.. What even is white or black music? 

Guest Jacfsing2
2 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Music is a universal language.. Why have you called out the so called 'corruption' of white black music.. What even is white or black music? 

I never said white or black music, there's no quote like that.

11 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

modern white and black people music: 

This is what I said. 

Don't know how much Punjabi you know, but I'm directly referring to Gora Gaaney, and Khala Gaaney.

But again you are just some SJW self-hating Punjabi, so you'd want to defend whoever.