Is khalsa aid wasting sangats resources on muslim rohingya?

superkaur

2 minutes ago, YOYO29 said:

1931 gazetteers are not available on internet ? Do you have any copy ? if so ,can u share screenshots ?

It's not from the gazetteers it is from the Census. There is a pdf version available at this site. Download the second larger file. The Kashmiri numbers are on page 292. 

http://dspace.gipe.ac.in/xmlui/handle/10973/18984?show=full

1 hour ago, proactive said:

Most of the Kashmiris were actually settled in the Lahore division which they boosted the Muslim percentage by about 2.5%. They were negligible in Jalandhar district and in Amritsar they boosted the Muslim percentage by 3%.

Checked those stats.Kashmrirs increased Muslim percentage in Lahore district by just 1.89 percent.And Lahore district despite being majority Muslim was partitioned and a significant chunk of land in kasur tehsil of Lahore district was awarded to India; u can google old map of punjab and then compare it to recent borders and see the difference for urself.And it does not matter how many Kashmiri settled in Gurdaspur or Amritsar as these district eventually awarded to India. Partition was done on district basis not on division basis.And one more thing Kashmiri migration to Punjab was not a deliberate attempt to reduce non muslim poulation. Kashmiris came to Punjab for job opportunities, many settled in heavily Muslim majority districts in Rawalpindi division. Dogra Maharaja was not very kind towards Kashmiri Muslims;heavy taxes on kashmiri and no jobs in kashmir forced these kashmiris to migrate to Punjab and there is nothing wrong with it.

10 hours ago, YOYO29 said:

This integration stuff is really sticky.Don't generalize entire population.Apart from Wahhabis no muslim pose threat to western culture. Wait till same right winger start talking about Sikh integrating into western society. How long do you think they are gonna wait till they start having problem with your Turbans,Kirpans ? all in the name of integration.

Well no, not really. I and many others have no problem with their attire. 

Pew research polls tell another story. Any individual that adheres to and holds onto and enacts upon misogynistic, supremacist, and overall anti-western views, is incompatible with western society.

I could care less for right wingers say in Europe (Not the best place for Sikhs to live in anyways). But in the US, we integrate pretty well. An extreme right wing lunatic here, could say what he pleases, it just wouldn't be well recieved by the rest of society.

On 9/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, superkaur said:

That's another great post and several points I agree with.  I was also going to raise the point about some idiotic naklee Sikhs would be actually crazy enough in welcoming in of muslim rohingya to indian punjab which would be an absolute demographic disaster for Sikh majority and now economically poor punjab.

As much as I have sympathy for the rohingya as a human being as a humanitarian I would never welcome them to india let along punjab at most I would give my 2 pennies worth to help contribute some sort of food for them and get bangladesh or Un or muslim countries resolve the issues they having with burma buddhists.

Also another issue is that the buddhists have been facing hundreds of years of religious and ethnic cleansing of traditions dharmic lands by muslim invaders and hordes from Afghanistan to the steps of central asia to the far east all was hindu lands then and then buddhist land but always in the hand of dharmic open eastern faiths. The abrahmic faith branches do not have that peaceful co-existence mindset, their mindset is demographic take over and population replacement with their faith group either through warfare or population demographic replacement through missionary work, breeding out through love jihad with non-believer women or higher birth rate. And sadly thats the dangers the buddhists have know realised is facing their countries of sri lanka, burma, thailand and so on if they dont get their muslim populations on a tight leash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism#Spread_of_Buddhism

Spread of Buddhism

Main article: Timeline of Buddhism
map showing diffusion of Buddhism at the time of emperor Ashoka from India

The spread of Buddhism at the time of emperor Ashoka (260–218 BCE)

Buddhism may have spread only slowly in India until the time of the Mauryan emperor Ashoka, who was a public supporter of the religion. The support of Aśoka and his descendants led to the construction of more stūpas (Buddhist religious memorials) and to efforts to spread Buddhism throughout the enlarged Maurya empire and into neighbouring lands such as Central Asia, beyond the Mauryas' northwest border, and to the island of Sri Lanka south of India. These two missions, in opposite directions, would ultimately lead, in the first case to the spread of Buddhism into China, and in the second case, to the emergence of Theravāda Buddhism and its spread from Sri Lanka to the coastal lands of Southeast Asia.

This period marks the first known spread of Buddhism beyond India. According to the edicts of Aśoka, emissaries were sent to various countries west of India to spread Buddhism (Dharma), particularly in eastern provinces of the neighbouring Seleucid Empire, and even farther to Hellenistic kingdoms of the Mediterranean. It is a matter of disagreement among scholars whether or not these emissaries were accompanied by Buddhist missionaries.[425]

Coin depicting Indo-Greek king Menander facing right with headband

Coin depicting Indo-Greek king Menander, who, according to Buddhist tradition records in the Milinda Panha, converted to the Buddhist faith and became an arhat in the 2nd century BCE (British Museum)

In central and west Asia, Buddhist influence grew, through Greek-speaking Buddhist monarchs and ancient Asian trade routes. An example of this is evidenced in Chinese and Pali Buddhist records, such as Milindapanha and the Greco-Buddhist art of Gandhāra. The Milindapanha describes a conversation between a Buddhist monk and the 2nd-century BCE Greek king Menander, after which Menander abdicates and himself goes into monastic life in the pursuit of nirvana.[426][427] Some scholars have questioned the Milindapanha version, expressing doubts whether Menander was Buddhist or just favourably disposed to Buddhist monks.[428]

Other examples of the influence of Greco-Buddhism can be seen in the history of the school of Dharmaguptaka. This early Buddhist school, active in north-western India, was in all probability founded by a Greek monk by the name Yonaka Dhammarakkhita, native of "Alasanda" (which could be either Alexandria, Egypt or Alexandria on the Caucasus in modern Afghanistan, two cities of many founded or renamed by Alexander the Great. This school played a critical role in the spreading of Buddhism to central Asia and China and eventually to other parts of the far east. Further, some of the earliest written documents of the Buddhist faith are the Gandharan Buddhist texts, dating from about the 1st century CE, and connected to the Dharmaguptaka school. These texts are written in the Kharosthi script, a script that was predominantly used in the Greco-Bactrian and Indo-Greek kingdoms of northern India and that played a prominent role in the coinage and inscriptions of their kings.[429][430][431]

The Theravada school spread south from India in the 3rd century BCE, to Sri Lanka, and later to southeast Asia (Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia and coastal Vietnam).[432]

The Silk Road transmission of Buddhism to China is most commonly thought to have started in the late 2nd or the 1st century CE, though the literary sources are all open to question.[433][note 52] The first documented translation efforts by foreign Buddhist monks in China were in the 2nd century CE, probably as a consequence of the expansion of the Kushan Empire into the Chinese territory of the Tarim Basin.[435]

In the 2nd century CE, Mahayana Sutras spread to China, and then to Korea and Japan, and were translated into Chinese. During the Indian period of Esoteric Buddhism (from the 8th century onwards), Buddhism spread from India to Tibet and Mongolia. Johannes Bronkhorst states that the esoteric form was attractive because it allowed both a secluded monastic community as well as the social rites and rituals important to laypersons and to kings for the maintenance of a political state during succession and wars to resist invasion.[436] During the Middle Ages, Buddhism slowly declined in India,[437] while it vanished from Persia and Central Asia as Islam became the state religion.[438][439]

9 hours ago, proactive said:

You have misunderstood my statement. I am not claiming these areas because the Sikhs ruled over them but that Sikhs owned the land. The Turks cannot claim Palestine because it was a part of their empire but the Palestinians can because they owned the land. It's not about rule but land ownership. Sikhs owned 57% of the land in Lahore district, the fact is that the British took the district from the owners and passed it on to the tenants much as in the analogy I gave in the previous post.

Maybe you should tell the Palestinians to move on and lose any hope of recovering their land that the Jews took.

Who decided that in owning the land vs ruling it? Owning trumps ruling. I'd say it's the other way around. If you can't protect and keep the land you own, well it's not really yours anymore. At least in respect to the old days.

10 hours ago, proactive said:

You have misunderstood my statement. I am not claiming these areas because the Sikhs ruled over them but that Sikhs owned the land. The Turks cannot claim Palestine because it was a part of their empire but the Palestinians can because they owned the land. It's not about rule but land ownership. Sikhs owned 57% of the land in Lahore district, the fact is that the British took the district from the owners and passed it on to the tenants much as in the analogy I gave in the previous post.

Maybe you should tell the Palestinians to move on and lose any hope of recovering their land that the Jews took.

Very nice to put in that way. Well explainable! 

On 16/09/2017 at 4:44 PM, superkaur said:

When muslims have 50+ countries over 1 .3 billion population and huge rich governments of iran, saudi, turkey, central asian republics, gulf states, etc and muslims and commanded to only give charity to muslim causes via zakat. 

Why are our very few Sikh charity organisations wasting our very limited financial and manpower resources helping non-sikhs in far off non-sikh lands where the people have no interest in Sikhs or sikhism and would not come to our aid if we ever get in trouble as in 1984 proved. Sikhs 30 million population, no country to our name and struggling religious minority fighting for faith and nation since 1947 due the treacherous dogs of sikh leadership who continually sold the kaum out.

christian aid they have 3 billion christian population rich western countries and vatican bank chuch isnt helping rohingya, hindus have 1 billion population they never helped non-hindus  charity causes ever.

Rohingya will be helped by their muslim breathin eventually there is no doubt about that. Us Sikhs do not need to go off on far off adventures to far off places aimlessly if are not there to help the people embrace sikhi with parchar.

Question is why is khalsa aid continuing to pursue non-sikh charity causes when there's plenty of causes within the Sikh community that needs urgent attention and help but no help is given. (ie afghan Sikhs dwindling population due to persecution and discrimination, pakistani sikhs struggling financial  hardships, indian sikhs in deep poverty and struggling especially families of Shaheeds killed by govt violence). Whats the agenda? foreign adventures? collecting money?

Ravi singh is doing a great job showing he is a humanitarian and at promoting the humanitarian side of Sikhi which is great however, where is his and his orgs priorities? They seem to be lost in my view.

If you have donated to the charity and disagree with their work you should write to them...