Is khalsa aid wasting sangats resources on muslim rohingya?

superkaur

I don't suppose it is only Sikhs who donate to khalsa aid. 

The government of Punjab needs to look aftee their people.  They are not facing immediate danger. Moreover a political change is needed to sort out their problems which a charity organisation cannot do without starting to educate them. This would place their volunteers in immediate danger.

The rohingha plight has received worldwide publicity and their immediate situation is one which threatens their survival. 

It is like the service which a doctor would provide - the person facing a heart attack is seen before the person whose finger has a severe cut on it.

People who feel strongly about the charity should get on their feet and possibly volunteer to go help before starting to judge people.  It is easy to criticise others. However if you were in their shoes would you have been able to save punjab and turn it into a paradise for Sikhs ?

15 hours ago, superkaur said:

Question is why is khalsa aid continuing to pursue non-sikh charity causes when there's plenty of causes within the Sikh community that needs urgent attention and help but no help is given. (ie afghan Sikhs dwindling population due to persecution and discrimination, pakistani sikhs struggling financial  hardships, indian sikhs in deep poverty and struggling especially families of Shaheeds killed by govt violence). Whats the agenda? foreign adventures? collecting money?

Do your research, they do a lot for Sikhs (including Afghan and Pakistani Sikhs), i could make a list of the what they've down on a grass roots level but you opinion seems to fall in the camp of "We have to do for our own first" and your mind's already made up, maybe go and meet Ravi, i've met him a few times, your opinion will change pretty fast once you understand the people they're trying to help, when you help someone if you see their religion or skin colour first then you've lost before you've even began.

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I agree. Charity starts at home. 

Khalsa aid is a great organisation. But why should we give money to syria and rohinga. 

These people will laugh that we are helping them. Sikhs cant even build a Gurdwara in syria and other arab countries. We are also persecuted. yet we help these same people.

Its a case of trying to be to goody goody.

Charity does begin at home and no one is forcing you to give money to them, yet we have no problem propping up TV channels in the UK who operate under the guise of a charity and don't help anyone, just saying.

I remember watching a video, because people were asking why don't they do seva in Punjab. He said that they are limited to what they can do, and would like to do more in Punjab. I think was something to do with politics or I may be wrong. I can't find the video to put on, but he was explaining why they can't do as much as they'd like to there. 

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, proactive said:

The Bhai Kanhaiya episode cannot be used as an analogy to justify the work of Khalsa Aid. If Bhai Kanhaiya was bypassing wounded Sikhs wanting water and ONLY giving water to wounded Mughals then Khalsa Aid would be fully justified in it's activities. 

The best analogy for what Khalsa Aid does is for a Sikh whose wife and kids were starving at home in village Sikhpura where all the villagers are Sikhs goes to another village Rasulpur a Muslim village many miles away  to donate his last money there because one of the houses in that village has burnt down. It is common sense to expect the other Muslims of Rasulpur to help out their Muslim neighbours  but it is the height of idiocy for the Sikh to be neglecting his own family to help others. 

But KA has taken it's idiocy to new heights, they have over £2.4 million in the bank and yet are appealing for funds for the Rohingyas  even from Sikhs in India! Imagine that, expanding our analogy further that would be like the Sikh asking for his starving wife and kids if they could donate their last meal for his relief work trip to the Muslim village! 

KA has been in existence for over 18 years now. The work they do in Punjab is in the last few years and as I wrote before probably the outcome of Sikhs questioning them about what they are doing about Sikhs in needs. 

Their is no issue in their helping in areas and communities where there is no other help such as the Yazidis in Iraq but KA is usually one of dozens of charities each vying with each other to get the most publicity. What great effect are the tens of thousands of pounds that KA will spend in Myanmar have against the millions of pounds the larger charities will spend! Consider what that tens of thousands of pounds could do for Sikhs in need. Why does KA have to run off thousands of miles away to find non-Sikhs in need when Ravi Singh just needs to step out of his door to see Sikhs sleeping rough in Slough and West London. But I suppose there is no publicity in helping them, the publicity is in plastering photos on facebook of KA helping Rohingyas thousands of mile away! 

I remember reading Ravi Singh's blog from the time of the Kashmir earthquake. He said how he was also fasting during Ramadan in the relief camps! What a joke, so he was going against the rehat just to show what a great humanitarian he was! The true fact was that such is the fanaticism among those Kashmiri Muslims even those who had lost all their homes that it was dangerous for him, someone who was saving the lives of these Muslims to even eat in his own tent and if it became known that he was eating during Ramadan it would have led to him being lynched!  Karlo Sewa! 

I think you quoted me by mistake.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I respect his hardcore pro-Sikhi, Khalistan, and anti-india views.

Do you have any proof of this? I highly doubt he's said anything remotely related to this. That Sikhs have a right to a nation.