superkaur

Is khalsa aid wasting sangats resources on muslim rohingya?

People are giving donations freely, knowing very well where it will end up going. Do it doesn't really count as wasting. If Sangat" was so caring about Punjab, they could just as easily donate to other groups. 

• Like 2

simran345    2,467
16 minutes ago, Balkaar said:

What are you talking about? Of course we do. Our lack of publicity is the number one reason so many Sikhs are targeted in the West by confused bigots, why every rally we ever hold in support of our self-determination is routinely ignored by Western media, and why Guru Nanak's message is barely spreading outside the Punjabi demographic. Publicity is exactly what we need. 

Agree, we do need publicity, otherwise how will we know where the seva is being done with sangat's donations? The world will know who Sikhs are what they do. We don't need publicity to look good or to give ourselves a pat on the back, but for awareness of Sikhi and as @Balkaar paji said, to spread Guru Nanak Dev ji's message across. 

• Like 2

S1ngh    1,394
21 minutes ago, Balkaar said:

What are you talking about? Of course we do. Our lack of publicity is the number one reason so many Sikhs are targeted in the West by confused bigots, why every rally we ever hold in support of our self-determination is routinely ignored by Western media, and why Guru Nanak's message is barely spreading outside the Punjabi demographic. Publicity is exactly what we need. 

Nope. We don't need publicity by spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in it. Free publicity then go for it. 

• Like 2

S1ngh    1,394
1 hour ago, Balkaar said:

Any suggestions then? 

For free publicity, my suggestions would be:

Help someone in need. Volunteer in local community hospitals. Give them ride needed. 

Whenever someone needs help on the road, I occasionally stop and ask if they need help. 

Having a good manners and do extra to help someone without the involvement of money is the free publicity that we need. 

Not boosting nor on ego trip but a good portion of my income goes to help Sikhs only. As I strongly believe that's where our top priorities should be - helping ours before we help others.

Not blaming any organization who are doing their own work but sometime they also need a third eye - an outsiders viewpoint on what they been doing.

• Like 3

singh598    381

It's easy for people to complain sitting on a nice sofa in a comfortable room in a nice warm house 

Imagine what it is like for those HUMANBEINGS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SoulSingh    109
3 hours ago, Balkaar said:

The Singhs who dragged Bhai Kanhaiya before Kalgidhar Patshaah sounded very similar to you. "Why give water to some muslim, an enemy, when you could be giving water to a Sikh instead? Shouldn't the Sikhs be a priority?"  I shouldn't have to remind you how this turned out for them. 

When Dashmesh Pitaa asked Bhai Sahib why he had done this,  Kanhaiya replied "I saw no Mughal or Sikh on the field of battle Maharaj, I saw only you". Guru Gobind Singh said that of all those present in the group Kanhaiya alone had understood the real message of Gurbani. Bhai Kanhaiya was right. The Singhs were wrong. I believe you are wrong about this too bhenji. Be careful not to become so obsessed with protecting 'sikhi' that you forget what you're supposed to be protecting in the first place. 

Helping somebody is never a waste of anything, it is not only one of the best things we can do for others, but one of the best things we can do for our own Sikhi. 

Akaaaaaaal!

Big_Tera    400
6 hours ago, superkaur said:

When muslims have 50+ countries over 1 .3 billion population and huge rich governments of iran, saudi, turkey, central asian republics, gulf states, etc and muslims and commanded to only give charity to muslim causes via zakat. 

Why are our very few Sikh charity organisations wasting our very limited financial and manpower resources helping non-sikhs in far off non-sikh lands where the people have no interest in Sikhs or sikhism and would not come to our aid if we ever get in trouble as in 1984 proved. Sikhs 30 million population, no country to our name and struggling religious minority fighting for faith and nation since 1947 due the treacherous dogs of sikh leadership who continually sold the kaum out.

christian aid they have 3 billion christian population rich western countries and vatican bank chuch isnt helping rohingya, hindus have 1 billion population they never helped non-hindus  charity causes ever.

Rohingya will be helped by their muslim breathin eventually there is no doubt about that. Us Sikhs do not need to go off on far off adventures to far off places aimlessly if are not there to help the people embrace sikhi with parchar.

Question is why is khalsa aid continuing to pursue non-sikh charity causes when there's plenty of causes within the Sikh community that needs urgent attention and help but no help is given. (ie afghan Sikhs dwindling population due to persecution and discrimination, pakistani sikhs struggling financial  hardships, indian sikhs in deep poverty and struggling especially families of Shaheeds killed by govt violence). Whats the agenda? foreign adventures? collecting money?

Ravi singh is doing a great job showing he is a humanitarian and at promoting the humanitarian side of Sikhi which is great however, where is his and his orgs priorities? They seem to be lost in my view.

I agree. Charity starts at home. 

Khalsa aid is a great organisation. But why should we give money to syria and rohinga. 

These people will laugh that we are helping them. Sikhs cant even build a Gurdwara in syria and other arab countries. We are also persecuted. yet we help these same people.

Its a case of trying to be to goody goody.  

Edited by Big_Tera
  • Like 3