Jump to content
singhbj singh

Today I was not allowed to enter the United States Embassy in London because I was wearing Kirpan

Recommended Posts

sitokaur    97

usa is a real jalandha jagat that Vahiguroo Jio kran karan is probably keeping you safe from betha Jio_/\_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kira    1,219
1 hour ago, SoulSingh said:

I'm from the US, we don't have as much freedom compared to you in the U.K.

Live in the UK so a bit unwise to American culture but don't you guys have the right to bear arms?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singhbj singh    1,136

I think it's a publicity stunt by Jaspreet Singh No Caste Singh. It is general knowledge that Kirpan isn't allowed in Embassies & on Airplanes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacfsing2    1,845
51 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

I think it's a publicity stunt by Jaspreet Singh No Caste Singh. It is general knowledge that Kirpan isn't allowed in Embassies & on Airplanes.

More reasons for Khalistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SoulSingh    51
14 hours ago, Kira said:

Live in the UK so a bit unwise to American culture but don't you guys have the right to bear arms?

At this point, only Texas does, Cali (where I'm from) lost it with the rise of liberal ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BhForce    529
21 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Oh, man, is this guy for real? Since when have you been able to enter embassies armed?

Somebody on his Twitter said, Trump isn't letting Sikhs enter "his" buildings with Kirpan. What delusional nonsense. No one has ever been allowed to go in armed into US embassies, has nothing to do with the current President.

Of course, I am not saying that Sikhs should take kirpans off willy-nilly, but the law's the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BhForce    529
20 hours ago, sitokaur said:

usa is a real jalandha jagat that Vahiguroo Jio kran karan is probably keeping you safe from betha Jio_/\_

Seriously? The US is a jalanda jagat (burning world)? And the UK, which has 53% atheists according to the latest survey, compared to 3.1% in the US, is just a wonderful paradise?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacfsing2    1,845
14 hours ago, Kira said:

Live in the UK so a bit unwise to American culture but don't you guys have the right to bear arms?

There's a disparity between Rural America, SubUrban America, and Urban America, which could as different to each other as separate countries.

Rural America: almost everyone has a gun, regardless of race or ethnicity.

SubUrban America: Worst place for gun-rights, especially if you live near a major city.

Urban America: Very heavily based on keeping it a secret.

Also this could be broken-up even further, with different states and regions with localities, (except Texas).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BhForce    529
15 hours ago, SoulSingh said:

I'm from the US, we don't have as much freedom compared to you in the U.K.

Erm, wutt? Freedom in the UK, what're you talking about bro?

The US has freedom of speech enshrined in its Constitution.

In the UK, if you were to be doing katha of certain parts of Guru Granth Sahib or Dasam Granth Sahib, you could hauled up on charges of Islamophic incitement of hatred:

Quote

Expressions of hatred toward someone on account of that person's colour, race, disability, nationality (including citizenship), ethnic or national origin, religion, or sexual orientation is forbidden.[1][2][3] Any communication which is threatening or abusive, and is intended to harass, alarm, or distress someone is forbidden.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_the_United_Kingdom

Now, I don't advocate stirring up hatred, but you are free to do so in the US. Not so in the UK. You can call it good or bad, but please don't say "we don't have freedom in the US compared to the UK".

UK, the country that has banned hunting, is free? Compared to the US, where hunting is a popular pastime?

UK, the country where (effectively) you cannot bear arms, is free? Compared to the country (US) where the right to bear arms is enshrined right there in the Constitution?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BhForce    529
1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

SubUrban America: Worst place for gun-rights, especially if you live near a major city.

Respectfully, no it is not, bro. Generally, in such areas it is illegal to discharge a weapon. 

But that means, shooting for the sake of it, like target practice or whatever. It is not illegal to defend yourself in your home against an invader.

As for cities, it is difficult to keep guns legally in Chicago, NYC, and Washington, DC. Other than that, it's generally OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BhForce    529
14 hours ago, Kira said:

Live in the UK so a bit unwise to American culture but don't you guys have the right to bear arms?

Yes. But that has never extended to government buildings. What planet is this guy on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
monatosingh    82
5 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Erm, wutt? Freedom in the UK, what're you talking about bro?

The US has freedom of speech enshrined in its Constitution.

In the UK, if you were to be doing katha of certain parts of Guru Granth Sahib or Dasam Granth Sahib, you could hauled up on charges of Islamophic incitement of hatred:

You mad fam? what u on?

We have COUNTLESS katha's over here and nothing has happened.

Anyways I don't wanna start up a fight over countries. Sikhi is everywhere.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacfsing2    1,845
4 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Respectfully, no it is not, bro. Generally, in such areas it is illegal to discharge a weapon. 

But that means, shooting for the sake of it, like target practice or whatever. It is not illegal to defend yourself in your home against an invader.

As for cities, it is difficult to keep guns legally in Chicago, NYC, and Washington, DC. Other than that, it's generally OK.

If you compare gun-rights to the Rural Midwest and the Rural South, to the Suburban regions, there's a huge disparity between gun rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×