Today I was not allowed to enter the United States Embassy in London because I was wearing Kirpan

singhbj singh

27 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

We don't have liberty to wear kirpans outside. We can't wear it to theme parks such as Disney land, six flags and neither we can wear in sourthouses etc. US Embassy in Delhi India also does not allow kirpans. We Sikhs without our country has many restrictions to freely enjoy our religious freedom.

I don't think theme parks allow weapons, no matter what. Don't think having Khalistan would change that. Can't expect to go to a foreign country and have them bend over backwards to please you. 

Guest Jacfsing2
33 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I don't think theme parks allow weapons, no matter what. Don't think having Khalistan would change that. Can't expect to go to a foreign country and have them bend over backwards to please you. 

So you think Khalistan is meaningless?

Khalistan is the only way we'll be seen as important.

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

So you think Khalistan is meaningless?

Khalistan is the only way we'll be seen as important.

No, my point is that Khalistan probably won't get Disneyland, Six Flags etc to change their policies. Perhaps in court houses etc. But, to me Khalistan is a place where Sikhs can freely practice Sikhi, not for us to go on a roller coaster with a Kirpan on. 

If embassies or courthouses of a foreign nation don't allow Kirpans, don't go or leave your Kirpan when visiting those buildings. 

10 hours ago, BhForce said:

No, bro, I'm not mad. Tell me this: Was or was not the Sikh Channel brought up on charges when it had a discussion about 1984?

I'm not talking about COUNTLESS kathas on pedestrian topics like not cheating or stealing. I said katha about specific sections of Bani. Since I mentioned the word Islamophobic, you should be able to guess the sections I"m talking about.

Your mixing up two different things here.. 

First of all I can't think of any bani that is islamaphobic and how does your comment relate to 1984? 

2 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

No, my point is that Khalistan probably won't get Disneyland, Six Flags etc to change their policies. Perhaps in court houses etc. But, to me Khalistan is a place where Sikhs can freely practice Sikhi, not for us to go on a roller coaster with a Kirpan on. 

If embassies or courthouses of a foreign nation don't allow Kirpans, don't go or leave your Kirpan when visiting those buildings. 

Not sure how much experience you have in corporate world but they do bend all the way down to make profits. Not going into deep but search 'veggie only McDonald' the only kind near darbar sahib. Your whole argument collapse on just one example.

Dear brother, having some degree of inferiority complex and accepts the slavery mentality "oh I came to this country, I should do this or that" should not be the conclusion. If firaanges can come to our house in 1830's and messed up our country, culture and religion and then you say don't do anything that upsets the majority when we go to their land. ??‍♂️

15 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Not sure how much experience you have in corporate world but they do bend all the way down to make profits. Not going into deep but search 'veggie only McDonald' the only kind near darbar sahib. Your whole argument collapse on just one example.

Dear brother, having some degree of inferiority complex and accepts the slavery mentality "oh I came to this country, I should do this or that" should not be the conclusion. If firaanges can come to our house in 1830's and messed up our country, culture and religion and then you say don't do anything that upsets the majority when we go to their land. ??‍♂️

There's a MaccyDs near Darbar Sahib? Well that's news to me and I now know the next stop after Darbar Sahib for me :ghost:

2 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Singh ji,

Khalsa are supposed to carry full length Kirpan 3 or 4 foot not 6 inch ones !

What Jathas & organisations preach is a watered down version of Rehat Maryada so it's not just corporates that bend over backwards ?

3 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Entirely different, government buildings are not corporate buildings, or equivalent. Also backs up my point, corporations/businesses are free to set their own policies eg. weapons allowed or not. 

I don't believe myself or Sikhs to be inferior to anyone.

Actions of centuries old governments has no relevance to Canada/USA. UK, perhaps. 

We are allowed to wear our Kirpans etc in public all we want, which is good. But, pushing for us to be allowed to wear them in places that are strictly anti weapons, I don't know..

7 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Singh ji,

Khalsa are supposed to carry full length Kirpan 3 or 4 foot not 6 inch ones !

What Jathas & organisations preach is a watered down version of Rehat Maryada so it's not just corporates that bend over backwards ?

Provide the rehat maryada that says the kirpan must be 3 or 4 foot long.  Talk is cheap.

• The topic was locked