Today I was not allowed to enter the United States Embassy in London because I was wearing Kirpan

singhbj singh

1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It bears repeating that an armed society truly is a polite society. Even if you don't like guns and don't want to own them, you benefit from those who do.

Your whole quote is at once 1) something I agree with, and 2) not to do with what I asked.

What I asked is your opinion of the banning of pleasure shooting in suburban areas.

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

ehh not sure if that was directed at me or the gentlemen in the OP. I was referring to the US as a whole, I'm well aware it doesn't apply to government buildings. 

No, bro, I believe you are on this very planet that I am also standing on. The Twitter guy is who I'm asking where he's coming from. Why is he being all faux-outraged that he can't take a kirpan into the embassy to get a visa to come to the US?

He does realize that after he gets the visa, he'd have to take his kirpan off to get on the plane to come to the US, does he not?

Again, I'm not saying we should take our kirpans off. Hats off to those Singhs who do not. But none of this false outrage, please.

Guest Jacfsing2
21 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Your whole quote is at once 1) something I agree with, and 2) not to do with what I asked.

What I asked is your opinion of the banning of pleasure shooting in suburban areas.

If they aren't shooting people, I'd go with letting people train. But where I don't agree with is banning guns. The rights of our, (American), constitution allow people to own guns in the 2nd Amendment.

But where I don't agree with is banning guns.

Sure. Bina shastan naran bhed janhu.

If they aren't shooting people, I'd go with letting people train.

But how do you do this in a suburb where your house is 10ft from your neighbor's?

How do you train? If you set up a target in your back yard, if you happen to miss, (or even if you hit the target), the bullet is going right through your fence to your neighbor's house, or maybe your neighbor's body.

Guest Jacfsing2
5 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Sure. Bina shastan naran bhed janhu.

But how do you do this in a suburb where your house is 10ft from your neighbor's?

How do you train? If you set up a target in your back yard, if you happen to miss, (or even if you hit the target), the bullet is going right through your fence to your neighbor's house, or maybe your neighbor's body.

:/

What's your solution to SubUrban Shastar owners or Urban people?

:/

What's your solution to SubUrban Shastar owners or Urban people?

1. Go to a target range (which are, of course, located in rural areas) to have fun shooting.

2. Go hunting (of course, in a rural area, there's no wildlife in suburbs or cities)

3. Buy a farm/ranch.

Otherwise, keep a weapon of some sort for home defense.

bhforce jio_/\_,

What about the GOOD LAW IN UK THAT RESPECTS SIKHS' RELIGIOUS RIGHTS MORE, BY ALLOWING KIRPAN ji?  

The UK law on no freedom of speech, hatred spreading...is what PROTECTS SIKHS vs the number killed in usa since 911.

There are MANY GURMUKHS IN UK AND CANADA, vs USA, due to UK and Canada religious freedom and honor, vs USA pressure to live as majority...thus, i assume usa sikhs put bhagti on lowest of to do in their lives, that my local Gurduara gyani works outside Gurduara, kirpan not visible on him, even on Gurduara Sunday, and family, mostly, do not attend Gurduara?_/\_

also bhforce ji,

usa is pro gun ownership, pro freedom of speech, pro immoral living...but anti kirpan(symbol of righteous living reminder), think about it...if you think you are really free in this free jesu is rab, thus sikh governor in south carolina denounce Sikhi for jesu spouse, because gorey pressured her publicly to declare jesu her rab?  And i am constantly being monitored being only dastaar Sikh female, trying my best to keep up with kanio tiki _/\_

We don't have liberty to wear kirpans outside. We can't wear it to theme parks such as Disney land, six flags and neither we can wear in sourthouses etc. US Embassy in Delhi India also does not allow kirpans. We Sikhs without our country has many restrictions to freely enjoy our religious freedom.

• The topic was locked