Relationship help

Guest Guest

Guest Jacfsing2
30 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

Brother if that's the case, try to stop your engagements in India. 

I think the bigger issue is that he's too trusting.

31 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

-It's long distance: and the goray make jokes about relationships being long distance, they don't work

Goras? No, you can't make any relationship work if there is no trust. Regardless of how far someone lives or how close they are, if you don't trust them, nothing will work.

33 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

-Marrying someone at a young age is hard as she is still a teen, let her make her own decisions at a older age, otherwise problems WILL OCCUR.

An 18 year old is not a kid by any standard. 18 is the age of majority in 80% of the countries around the world, (and in the rest it's even younger). An 18 year old isn't some toddler getting spoon-fed.

36 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

-Marrying two cultures will definitely be hard, especially if your from the west and you would rather talk about Politics; and she's from the pind and wants to talk suits.. you guys will rarely ever have EK JOT (a united mind with each other)

Something with reason you said, but regardless where you live, the same thing can happen.

38 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

-If you're anywhere close to gursikhi, and she's not, this is only going to drag your ties with gurbani down

Someone from Punjab can't be a Gursikh?

12 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think the bigger issue is that he's too trusting.

Goras? No, you can't make any relationship work if there is no trust. Regardless of how far someone lives or how close they are, if you don't trust them, nothing will work.

An 18 year old is not a kid by any standard. 18 is the age of majority in 80% of the countries around the world, (and in the rest it's even younger). An 18 year old isn't some toddler getting spoon-fed.

Something with reason you said, but regardless where you live, the same thing can happen.

Someone from Punjab can't be a Gursikh?

Agreed to the trust, no relationship functions without it

As for an 18 year old not being a kid, I can see that in the eyes of the law but I don't think any 18 year old is ready to face full fledged adulthood; we don't live in the ideal ages where many had high understanding at young ages, but again I could be very wrong, maybe this individual does.. I'm just saying a vast majority at this point are not ready for responsibility..

As for the disconnect between cultures; many do break barriers and props to them for that! But it's very hard, and at least in close distance there can be a little bit of sanjh of veechars before marriage, and families can meet face to face and resolve conflicts; not so easy in long distance -cultures are harder to be compatible with each other 

I don't think I have to go very in-depth in this last explanation; but it is very hard to find gursikhi in panjab now.. but again I'm not saying there aren't any gursikhs out there, it's just a rough environment in some places