WJKK WJKF

I am having issues with my amritvela.

These are the issues that happen:

Alarm goes off (I wake up to AK47 Wale, the gun shots at the start on max volume) so when I wake up I immediately turn it off so I don't get a heart attack. 

I check what time it is and it is 3 A.M, and I ask myself am I ready for amritvela today and if it's a yes I will literally fall back asleep without knowing, it literally just happens.

OR

I will wake up and then I ask myself do I feel like doing paath today (which is a sin for me because you should always do it) and then I fall asleep.

Any tips?

Thanks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

Alarm goes off (I wake up to AK47 Wale, the gun shots at the start on max volume) so when I wake up I immediately turn it off so I don't get a heart attack. 

I check what time it is and it is 3 A.M, and I ask myself am I ready for amritvela today and if it's a yes I will literally fall back asleep without knowing, it literally just happens.

OR

I will wake up and then I ask myself do I feel like doing paath today (which is a sin for me because you should always do it) and then I fall asleep.

Any tips?

Thanks

For one wake up to gurbani, it's too early to be listening to loud music lol..

Secondly daas personally uses Sleepyti.me (for finding a sleep schedule), then find a solid time that allows you to get in 6 solid sleep cycles, sleep at that time. Now this one is hard for many, make it permanent. Say you want to wake at 2am and the website says to sleep at 7:30pm, sleep and rise on those times every single day (weekend or weekday).

As for pushing yourself to get out of bed, first and foremost get awake and do a jakara at the top of your lungs, if you live alone, if not go outside and run until you sweat (you can question my methods, but not my results; so trust me). Another thing cut out junk in your diet (try to eat clean, so you won't feel lethargic). Working out hard will also help.

Some more tips

-As soon as your done with your run (or jakara) make your bed; this will instill some discipline and give you a sense of accomplishment, plus you'll be less likely to jump in if you know that you just fixed it.

-Before you go to sleep, don't use your phone for 1 hour

-Throw your blanket or rajaee off and jump out of bed

-Make getting out of bed fun, this one is up to you.. but daas starts busting out push-ups when I rise

NOTE: even if you get late for one night, still wake up at 2 no matter what; also when I said make your bed I mean bedsheets and all, not just covers. 

These were just my tips you don't have to use them, but you are more then welcome to try it..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulSingh said:

Throw your blanket or rajaee off and jump out of bed

Lol, wonder if this one does work ? Je tand hove, fer rajayee sitan nu jee nai karna. 

5 hours ago, SoulSingh said:

and do a jakara at the top of your lungs

That will literally break my throat lol

But I think I will just go downstairs and stick my face in the freezer, probably won't have the the urge to sleep then.

So now the only issue is me trying to get back into that game of amritvela, i feel that it has no importance anymore but when i do not do it then i feel sooooo guilty.

18 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Lol, wonder if this one does work ? Je tand hove, fer rajayee sitan nu jee nai karna. 

I think I will still fall asleep with my rajaeei off :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, simran345 said:

It's all about habit, if you pertend like your awake, you'll feel more awake. If it's cold just start exercising warm, make yourself sweat.. 

These things work for me, I'm just putting in my 2 cents

Edited by SoulSingh
Grammar
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, monatosingh said:

That will literally break my throat lol

But I think I will just go downstairs and stick my face in the freezer, probably won't have the the urge to sleep then.

So now the only issue is me trying to get back into that game of amritvela, i feel that it has no importance anymore but when i do not do it then i feel sooooo guilty.

The jakara is for raising up your energy lol not to destroy your lungs 😂😂

Could you elaborate on the second part not sure I get it lol

7 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I think I will still fall asleep with my rajaeei off :D

Try to get a good amount of sleep; if you want Amrit vela badly it could mean sleeping at 7 (if you're willing to do it) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulSingh said:

It's all about habit, if you pertend like your awake, you'll feel more awake. If it's cold just start exercising warm, make yourself sweat.. 

These things work for me, I'm just putting in my 2 cents

Yes, I guess discipline is the key. It's good you are able to use this technique. 

• Like 1

The main challenge is getting out of bed. If you can do that, it's a lot easier. Sticking your phone on the other side of the room so you have to get out of bed to turn it off. Someone i knew used to drink a pint of water before bed. When they woke up, they would be bursting for the loo so they had to get out .

Once you develop a routine, it becomes a lot easier. It's much harder to initiate change than to maintain it. 

• Like 2

On 08/09/2017 at 8:53 AM, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

OR

Any tips?

Thanks

In order to make it a habit, you dont have to force yourself up at 3.a.m.

What time can you naturally wake up. For a start, try to connect with your nitnem at any time. If you can waake up at 4, 5 or 6 do that. Slowly bring thei time down by 15 minutes. 

This will give you time to connect with your nitnem - which means you will miss something, when you dont do it. Bringing the time forwards slowly give allow you to adjust your time gradually. 

• Like 2

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

Amritvela at 4 A.M is good too, right?

If I don't wake up at 3 A.M, it's like Waheguru is giving me a second chance to do it at 4 A.M.

Sometimes for me, I don't even recognize Amritvela passed, (I don't recommend alarm). So sometimes, I ask more times, (to Vaheguru), to wake-me at Amritvela. But later is better than not at all.