Guest Saddened Hindu

Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?

Siddhartha    46
21 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I understand your concern. However, we are different and we should refrain ourself from generalization. Not all fingers are equal. There are good and bad folks in every community. 

Thankyou for extending this benefit of doubt. 

• Like 3

Guest Saddened Hindu ji

We are sad that you had to go through that experience. But read Guru granth sahib for yourself. You won't find any hatred 

Also it takes two hands to clap

Taali ek haath se nai bajti

My Hindu "friend" who is a hardcore hindutva fan have insulted my sikh faith numerous times. And once even wiped his gulabjamun syrup hand on my turban

Your RSS hindutva bodies routinely spread lies about sikhism with aim to undermine it. Your radical hindutva outfits are wreaking havoc in punjab and calling shots. 

You can't blame sikhs only. We trusted india nd hindoos, but were backstabbed numerous times

Don't expect an apologist attitude from us. You aren't getting any. If you don't feel like going to gurudwara, no one is forcing you to. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

You first introspect the kind of crrap that happens from your hindu side before blaming it at sikhs entirely 

Also you have no right to say sikhism is wrong, when your own religion is corrupted to no end by varna system and brahmins. 

You ppl destroyed  buddhist and jain monasteries too. Now want to do same with Sikhism 

Edited by AjeetSinghPunjabi
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

simran345    2,422
9 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Nowadays, when we see our own youngsters and not so youngsters, going away from Sikhee, let us ask ourselves, is it not because of the negative impluses of their minds, due to whatever reasons that maybe?

How is talking about 1984 going away from Sikhi? It's not only Sikhs that were affected by it. Stop making this into something it's not. The facts are there, ask any one that lost their loved ones then how it's affected them. 

Edited by simran345
Added more.
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

simran345    2,422

@Siddhartha  you don't seem uneducated or not intelligent enough to have done something a parent would have done if they felt a child was talking in an inappropriate way. You are painting all Sikhs with the same brush of "badness" from an experience that you had. 

Firstly, nobody else reading your post was there, but you and your daughter were. But still you expect everybody to agree to the "badness" of what happened, when we've got no idea of how and what had been said by a child. We can only take your word for it, but why should we? We don't know what the exact words were said do we? 

If you had any care for Sikhi or for the sangat also, wouldn't it have been wiser to approach the Gurdwara committee? Why didn't you do that, instead of extending it into something that it's not. 

And if you don't like that Gurdwara, then go elsewhere, to a different Gurdwara. It's like your saying all Gurdwaras are discriminating. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Premi5    53
18 hours ago, Siddhartha said:

Thankyou for extending this benefit of doubt. 

Would you be happy if Sikhs were wiped out/become Hindus?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Siddhartha    46
12 hours ago, simran345 said:

@Siddhartha  you don't seem uneducated or not intelligent enough to have done something a parent would have done if they felt a child was talking in an inappropriate way. You are painting all Sikhs with the same brush of "badness" from an experience that you had. 

Firstly, nobody else reading your post was there, but you and your daughter were. But still you expect everybody to agree to the "badness" of what happened, when we've got no idea of how and what had been said by a child. We can only take your word for it, but why should we? We don't know what the exact words were said do we? 

If you had any care for Sikhi or for the sangat also, wouldn't it have been wiser to approach the Gurdwara committee? Why didn't you do that, instead of extending it into something that it's not. 

And if you don't like that Gurdwara, then go elsewhere, to a different Gurdwara. It's like your saying all Gurdwaras are discriminating. 

Simran

How can you deduce from all the posts here so far, the words I used and how I articulated, that I'm painting all the Sikhs with the same brush. 

Why would I conjure up a story, look for a forum and then not spew venom? Do you think I have a thirst for apology or a false sense of propriety that I need to satiate by commenting in public forums? I'm not the apologist kind. I am a very confident individual at peace with my being because I have no malice and I believe in doing. Some or any action is superior to an inaction. 

To answer why I didn't approach the gurudwara committee I'll ask you a question instead. You aren't willing to believe in my story, interpreted my comments here in your own way despite them being unambiguous, believe that I had an ulterior motive by apparently making a mountain of a mole hill and "extending it into what it's not". All this presumption and ill will just through my inoccuous comments and you ask why I didn't approach a committee who would have approved the speech & the presentation thus possibly would have been the epicentre of the concern I have.

I don't need to read my comments again to be sure that I didn't take any "sides". Neither did I point a finger or used a broad brush.

To someone who has approached the supposed "other side" with his concern/feelings and someone who is trying to have a discussion to sow a seed of harmony against this dividing rancour, is " if you had any care for sikhi",  "go to a different gurudwara" is all you can say.

Please don't try to read between the lines because there is nothing. I'm writing plainly and respectfully. Just take my words and the concern they are expressing in an absolute way. I am not here to imply. If I want to say that all gurudwaras are discriminating, I'll write it exactly like that.

To forget history is the biggest mistake. It is our responsibility that our progeny is aware of our roots and history. Just like you, I too have no influence over the my whole community, their actions and their thought process. But the whole "hindu community" has not approached this forum and neither am I representing them. So please don't presume my thoughts, my intentions and connotations of the words I use to express myself. Kindly make an exception & extend me the benefit of doubt and then have a discussion.

Much regard

Siddharth

• Like 4

Siddhartha    46
11 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Would you be happy if Sikhs were wiped out/become Hindus?

Hello Premi5

Just to answer your question without implying anything, NO I won't be happy if Sikhs were wiped out/become Hindus.

Now that I have answered your question, here is my question. Why would you ask such a question of me after reading everything I have so far written here in this forum?

• Like 4

simran345    2,422
1 hour ago, Siddhartha said:

How can you deduce from all the posts here so far, the words I used and how I articulated, that I'm painting all the Sikhs with the same brush. 

When you've this as the title "Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?", what else is somebody suppose to think?

As this is what you started off with :

Guest Saddened Hindu   
Guest Saddened Hindu

"I'm here because I now feel that either the teachings, teachers, interpretations or the followers of Sikhism themselves are in the wrong or being guided with malacious intent."

"Are Sikhs somehow being taught this disrespect through the family unit, gurudwaras, community congregations, media? "

That's why, as you have portrayed it in your posts. So, maybe you do need to re-read what you've written  .

And for the record, I don't discriminate against Hindus. My posts are plain and simple and I haven't wrote anything that you would be upset by. I have Hindu friends and I'd say the same thing to them if they wrote that and they wouldn't get offended. 

You should also understand without any evidence, how can I understand the whole situation? 

In my opinion, if you felt that you were discriminated against in any way you should have approached the Gurdwara committee. Isn't that the best thing to do? If you had a bad experience in a store or another public establishment, you would approach the manager or whoever is in charge. So that's why I'm not understanding, when you are so educated, why didn't you consider doing something about it? You also mentioned you talking to the child afterwards with his father there also. Did you talk about your concerns to him? Isn't this the normal thing to do, if somebody feels hurt/offended by something ? Or don't people do that nomore? I don't think I've wrote anything wrong, but only asked why you didn't consider doing something that you would have got some answers from, rather than coming online and starting a thread with that title. I'm not sure what you will achieve from here, an online apology for people who we don't know or don't know the whole situation as nobody was there. I'm not saying you are lieing or it didn't happen. 

I'm saying if you are so confident like you say, why couldn't you have arranged to discuss it with those involved. Do you see how your title comes across for somebody reading it? Maybe if you had titled it as "Bad experience at Gurdwara" or something similar, then I wouldn't have come to the conclusions I did. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Heretic or a Turk. Both are repulsive. The heretic is an internal threat where as the Turk is external. Whether or not he's insulted the Gurus (as of yet), is not the issue. It's the fact that he's Turk-Beeraj.
    • I do not believe in an absolute morality, dharam is not the same for each and every individual. This is not to say that dharam does not exist, only that it doesn't exist in a monolithic form.  This concept is reflected very well in the life of the Mahapurakh Sant Baba Thakur Singh, 14th jathedar of Damdami Taksaal. Babaji was a strict vegetarian like all members of Taksaal, so for him eating meat was a great sin. However when he visited the chaunis (encampments) of Nihang Singhs around Chowk Mehta he would often bring offerings of goats to be jhatkaa'd by the nihangs and later consumed. Because eating meat was not a great paap for them as it was for babaji, rather it was their tradition and he respected that the role they were given by the Almighty was different from his own.  Satguru's Hukam affects each person differently.  Eastern dharams tend not to impose moral codes on the whole of humankind, as though such codes apply to everybody. Yes there are certain basic guiding principles of human morality - don't murder, don't rape, but most sane people don't really need to be told not to do these things by a religion because they feel an inherent revulsion towards them. However beyond this things can get quite flexible. Some people are meant to be householders and provide for a family, whilst others are meant to be celibates and devote their lives and all their energy to Akaal Purakh and Seva of the Panth. If God creates someone with the intention that they will become a warrior, battle becomes dharam for this person, a righteous deed. If however God creates a man and by his hukam determines that this man is to be peaceful saint, battle is adharam for him, not righteous. This is why different sampardas/jathebandiaan exist in Sikhi. Guru Ji is not/was not anti-samparda or anti-jathebandi, if they were, they wouldn't have created or blessed so many of them themselves. I don't know if what I'm saying is right, but this is the conclusion I have arrived at from my study of Sikhi. Others will have arrived at different conclusions, and good thing too -  Sikhi is a garden full of many diverse flowers.  I do not believe Guru Ji aspired to make all Sikhs, or all people,  identical in their religious outlook and practice. 
    • So you think that Sikhs and Muslims need to remain bitter enemies for as long as this world exists?   And because of 84 do we also need to become eternal enemies of the Hindus forever and ever?   Yesterday Hindus were our friends but they ended up knifing us in the back. And Yesterday's enemies can become strategic allies of today. Try to see the bigger picture.
    • This one statement just proves you should know before commenting on such complex topics.