Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?

Guest Saddened Hindu

Found these following gems of calmness, which would like to share with the sangat, regarding this thread, as well as to  those matters, related to the differences, between different dharmas, nationalites, and races.

“Differences in religious beliefs, politics, social status,

and position

are all secondary.

When we look at someone with compassion,

we are able to see beyond these secondary differences

and connect to the primary essence

that binds all humans together as one.

which is none other

that of the Light of the Universal Truth:

Wahiguru Akal Purukh” 

The biggest communication problem is

we do not  listen to understand

rather

we listen to reply.

So naturally, flames of anger and hatred

shall be the output

of that narrow mindedness

hiding behind fanatical irrational excuses.

“Once we have a firm practice of compassion

our state of mind becomes stronger

which leads to inner peace,

giving rise to self-confidence,

which reduces fear.

This makes for constructive members of the community.

Self-centeredness on the other hand

leads to distance,

suspicion, mistrust and loneliness,

with unhappiness as the result.”

Sat Sree Akal.

“It is amazing how people everywhere hold the same false beliefs and hear the same destructive voices in our heads.

We can call that the lower self.

That in itself shows that we are all basically one consciousness, albeit based in physicality and duality.

But to the bright side, there is also a higher consciousness, a Oneness, we share.

We can wake up to that lower self, see that it has never served or protected us, and let go... into the Silence and Stillness where there already exists the freedom and peace we long for.”

TejS

I agree with you that there has been huge amount of racism against sikhs in India the past 100 years (I wouldn't trace it back to Gangu though, I don't think his motive was religion nor was he connected to a movement of some kind).

However two rights don't make a wrong.  It is not correct for us to use that to justify nastiness in return.  We shouldn't make excuses about it.  And i am not talking about a shallowness political correctness, but recognising the principle that it wrong to hurt people.  This is aside from the fact that you may be hurting innocent people, as well as turning into the thing you hate.

Read Baba Farids saloks- if someone is nasty to you, wish them well in return (bhala) and return to your work (own dharam).  You have to keep your mind clean of negativity in order to keep it healthy and protect it from dangerous ignorance and destructive actions.

As for mobs from 1984 etc, personally I believe true justice will come only from God's hands.  it is better for us to support the victims. replace anger and resentment against the perpetrators with mercy and kindness to the victims.

Siddharth

I can see TejS's point though.  I think youth see and learn about injustices in recent history and also the difficulties their parents' generation faced, and they naturally feel hurt and angry about it.  They do not know how to cope with this feeling (which is understandable) and it manifests in this way.

Also you can see the racism that passes against sikhs as 'entertainment' in bollywood films.  

Guest Sarbhloh
On 9/12/2017 at 7:49 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/nonhindus-can-enter-jagannath-temples-except-shrine-at-puri/article2764219.ece

In the same way a Non-Muslim can enter mosques other than Mecca and Medina, same with Jaganath Puri, they also refuse non-Subcontinental Hindu converts from entering. Even the Hindu tyrants like Indra Gandhi and Jagdidh Tytler, (who is a devout Christian, who killed innocent Sikhs.)

Sikhs are always welcomed in Jaggannath puri because of great reverence of Guru Nanak Dev ji made by then king of that place.

Read this: http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Nanak_at_Puri

No Hindu temple denies entry of Sikhs. No idea from where you have got this misconception.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 9/29/2017 at 1:40 PM, Guest Sarbhloh said:

Sikhs are always welcomed in Jaggannath puri because of great reverence of Guru Nanak Dev ji made by then king of that place.

Read this: http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Nanak_at_Puri

No Hindu temple denies entry of Sikhs. No idea from where you have got this misconception.

Personally, I'm mostly done with the forum, so I won't make some long argument, but for the sake of knowledge, don't ever compare yourself to Guru Sahib, ever! Otherwise adios.

On 08/09/2017 at 9:13 AM, Guest Saddened Hindu said:

I'm here because I now feel that either the teachings, teachers, interpretations or the followers of Sikhism themselves are in the wrong or being guided with malacious intent. My use of word malicious is intentional because I have started to feel the maliciouness. My childhood Sikh friends have closed "Only Sikh" chat groups where they share Hindu jokes about coward Hindus, impotent Hindus, Hindu whores etc. I got to know as a misdirected forwards got sent to our common group. I've stopped going to gurudwaras because I hear and feel a common theme of country of Hindus, government of Hindus, cow-urine-drinking-rat-monkey idolising Hindus, coward Hindus and Lion Sikhs etc. I am here to gauge, know and hopefully get reassured that somehow an undercurrent of hatred against Hindus is not gaining momentum and hopefully is not perpetuated by the very gurudwaras. That my very good childhood friend doesn't think of me as a coward or belonging to a coward race. That they don't see my wife n daughter as a <banned word filter activated>. That they are not disrespectful of my beliefs/identity. When I say they, I mean my Sikh friends, colleagues and all the Sikhs. Are Sikhs somehow being taught this disrespect through the family unit, gurudwaras, community congregations, media?  I am looking for intelligence, reason, guidance and true knowledge from members/guests who are not blindfolded by parochial view of religion and with whom I can engage in a civil and a thought provoking dialougue.

Being spiritually balanced is being spiritually accepting that some people live one way and others live another. 

The Gurus didn't target any religion  propogate making fun of others and malice. A Gurus Sikh respects All and freedom of choice.