Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?

Guest Saddened Hindu

1 hour ago, Siddhartha said:

How can you deduce from all the posts here so far, the words I used and how I articulated, that I'm painting all the Sikhs with the same brush. 

When you've this as the title "Is it really Sikh, Sikhi, Sikhism vs Hindu, Hinduism and it's beliefs?", what else is somebody suppose to think?

As this is what you started off with :

Guest Saddened Hindu   
Guest Saddened Hindu

"I'm here because I now feel that either the teachings, teachers, interpretations or the followers of Sikhism themselves are in the wrong or being guided with malacious intent."

"Are Sikhs somehow being taught this disrespect through the family unit, gurudwaras, community congregations, media? "

That's why, as you have portrayed it in your posts. So, maybe you do need to re-read what you've written  .

And for the record, I don't discriminate against Hindus. My posts are plain and simple and I haven't wrote anything that you would be upset by. I have Hindu friends and I'd say the same thing to them if they wrote that and they wouldn't get offended. 

You should also understand without any evidence, how can I understand the whole situation? 

In my opinion, if you felt that you were discriminated against in any way you should have approached the Gurdwara committee. Isn't that the best thing to do? If you had a bad experience in a store or another public establishment, you would approach the manager or whoever is in charge. So that's why I'm not understanding, when you are so educated, why didn't you consider doing something about it? You also mentioned you talking to the child afterwards with his father there also. Did you talk about your concerns to him? Isn't this the normal thing to do, if somebody feels hurt/offended by something ? Or don't people do that nomore? I don't think I've wrote anything wrong, but only asked why you didn't consider doing something that you would have got some answers from, rather than coming online and starting a thread with that title. I'm not sure what you will achieve from here, an online apology for people who we don't know or don't know the whole situation as nobody was there. I'm not saying you are lieing or it didn't happen. 

I'm saying if you are so confident like you say, why couldn't you have arranged to discuss it with those involved. Do you see how your title comes across for somebody reading it? Maybe if you had titled it as "Bad experience at Gurdwara" or something similar, then I wouldn't have come to the conclusions I did. 

3 hours ago, Siddhartha said:

Now when I wrote that half of the congregation were hindus with their head covered and bowed, you answered that maybe they should pick up some books and educate themselves. So if they are educated about the issues and have comtempt for Sikhs, Sikhism, Gurus and their teachings, what do you suppose they are doing there in the gurudwara?

First of all were just assuming they were hindus how do you know they wern't just moneh sikhs? Secondly suppose they were all hindus when did I say that hindus visiting a gurudwara had contempt for sikhi? I specifically said hindus and hindu leaders who had malicious intent for sikhi. Now this is what you said  "Majority of sangat in gurudwara were Hindus with their head covered n bowed in reverence, most of an age incapable of comprehending the hatred let alone the reason behind it." THATS why I said they should go pick up some books maybe that would help them understand the hatred(as u put it) a bit better NOT simply because they were hindus at a gurudwara. In the future please dont twist my words its not gonna help us see eye to eye any better.

When I wrote History is documented, I meant that if any child goes on the internet and search for 1984 riots, he/she will come across lot of conflicting information. Same goes with the books. For the sake of this argument, let's take sides. Being a hindu I can quote you books written by hindus, civilians, military personnel n analysts & Caucasians, information on websites and blogs that document The atrocities hindus endured at the hands of Sikhs. Being a Sikh, I'm sure you can bombard me with links and information depicting the atrocities inflicted by hindus on Sikhs. That's why I wrote history is documented and suffers the bane of opinions & biases. Now if you yourself witnessed the horrors of 1984, who in their sanity can question the authenticity of the experience and its aftermath.Now our kids access these conflicting sources of information and approach their parents. How you handle that query and how you answer that inquisitiveness dictates whether your kid would hate mine just because they are of different beliefs. And this is why I'm here. I don't want that ti happen.

Now here is big issue im having with all your posts which is HUGE false equivalency  during the period from 84-95 tens of thousands of sikhs were killed by the indian government,hindu mobs and the punjab police(under directions from hindus) how many hindus were killed during that period? 300 or 400 most likely even less(Note I'm not trying to downplay the deaths of innocent hindus any loss of innocent life is tragic just pointing out that the number of hindu lives lost was miniscule compared to the number of sikh lives lost) now this is were you'll bring out numbers from books written by hindus and information from hindu websites and hindu blogs with shamelessly over inflated numbers of hindu deaths at which point I'll cease responding to you because I'm not interested in playing he said she said with you I'm interested in FACTS. On one hand you have a majority quom of 966 million attempting genocide and persecuting a minority of 20million and yet that minority quom is the one spreading hatred simply when they point out the injustices they've suffered? Maybe it was the fact that Shaheeds Bhai Satwant Singh and Beant Singh were being honored in that Gurudwara is what got you upset maybe thats what you call spreading hatred. Well this may be a tough pill for you to swallow but until the earth is swallowed by the sun we will always honor our shaheeds and we will never forget there sacrifice.  

Isnt the fact that Indira Gandhi is remembered as hero by hindus all over India spreading hatred? Isnt the fact that the evil kutti has a international airport named after her spreading hatred? Isnt the fact the BJP supported RSS is spreading propaganda and trying to destroy the very fabric of sikhi in our own motherland of Punjab spreading hatred? Yet you have the audacity to come to a sikh forum and tell us sikhs are the ones with malicious intent and that were spreading hatred in our gurudwaras that is why I called you a snake.

Watch the whole video. Shaheed Bhai Jaswant Singh Ji was tortured and killed by the Punjab Police shortly after he made that speech. If you truly dont have venom in your heart you should also check out the works of Ram Naryan Kumar(hes a fellow hindu as I said I'm only against hindus who have malicious intent towards sikhs and sikhi). I also noticed that in your post you conveniently avoided answering my question about if you though KP Gill was a hero or not hmmm I wonder why.... Yet after all this you come to us and tell us were the ones spreading hatred honestly it makes me wanna puke. Maybe u think that Shaheed Bhai Jaswant Singh ji was spreading hatred in the above video also.

Now you will probably start spouting the usual bs of "times are now different what uses is bringing this all up now" and the answer to that is simple these aren't some events which happened 100 years ago were the perpetrators and victims are all dead THE MURDERERS OF OUR PEOPLE ARE STILL OUT THERE AND INSTEAD OF BRING THEM TO JUSTICE HINDUS WORSHIP THEM AS HEROS. I'm sorry but until you get the honesty to acknowledge that hindus have fu@ked sikhs over and are continuing to f us over to this day we will never see eye to eye.As for my kids hating your kids for there different beliefs no that will never happen though they might hate them because instead of helping us in our time of need there parents stood by and let our people be butchered not only that but because they swallowed government propaganda hook line and sinker. 

Siddartha you sound like a good person without a agenda(I may be completely wrong here but lets assume I'm not) but from the sound of it you want us to forget what happened in the recent past and turn a blind eye to whats happening to this day and just start singing kumbaya with you but if we do that the snakes within your community will ensure that sikhi goes the same way buddhism did in India