Big_Tera

Broken leg/ sprain

Big_Tera    373

Anyone have any tips for a speedy recovery? 

Not sure if its broken but its painful. 

Edited by Big_Tera

jkvlondon    3,419
23 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Not sure if its broken but its painful.  when necessary

homeopathic remedies : arnica 30c for immediate swelling and trauma , 

if tendons damaged get RUTA 30c and have one morning and night then repeat as necessary for pain

if cracked then get SYMPHUTUM 6c and repeat every  morning for three weeks will hasten bone knitting and muscle healing

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 1

singh598    381

You need a lot of nutrition and make sure you take blood thinner because you are probably immobile

jkvlondon    3,419
1 minute ago, singh598 said:

You need a lot of nutrition and make sure you take blood thinner because you are probably immobile

arnica is naturally a blood thinner that's why it works so well in bruising and swellings

simran345    2,426
17 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

My Nani ji would do haldi and milk cure ...

This is a good one. 

@Big_Tera paji, I suggest you go to your doctor, who will be able to advise on the correct treatment. 

Some info for the leg:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1050.aspx?categoryid=72

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/broken-leg/Pages/Introduction.aspx

https://patient.info/health/sprains-and-strains-leaflet

• Like 2

Premi5    54
2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Not sure if its broken but its painful. 

Very unlikely to be broken if you have not seen a medical professional for this yet

Jacfsing2    1,845

Best to seek some medicinal advice from a professional.

• Like 1

Big_Tera    373

Thanks for the info guys. Will definantly get this checked at the hospital. 

Im quite a tough cookie so can take a bit of pain. Will get an exray to see whats happened. I didnt go earlier as it was a minor fall from a bike and landed on my shin bone. Looks like I did some damage as the pain has got worse. 

• Thanks 2

Big_Tera    373
5 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

homeopathic remedies : arnica 30c for immediate swelling and trauma , 

if tendons damaged get RUTA 30c and have one morning and night then repeat as necessary for pain

if cracked then get SYMPHUTUM 6c and repeat every  morning for three weeks will hasten bone knitting and muscle healing

Yes I have an interest in homeopathic medicine as i think it can be helpful. 

• Like 1

singh598    381

Take Ibuprofen to reduce swelling but you must have x Ray in case of fracture which may need a splint or cast

Premi5    54
10 hours ago, singh598 said:

Take Ibuprofen to reduce swelling but you must have x Ray in case of fracture which may need a splint or cast

Not true. Doctors can usually tell clinically if a X-ray is needed.

if fully weight bearing with that leg then fracture very unlikely 

jkvlondon    3,419
47 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Not true. Doctors can usually tell clinically if a X-ray is needed.

if fully weight bearing with that leg then fracture very unlikely 

however if the periosteum is bruised/damaged it can hurt almost as bad ... Bryonia works really well then 

Singh559    2,562

The most speedy recovery consists of resting for the duration that the Dr says. You're welcome to try haldi dudh or any other desi stuff, but don't assume it will increase recovery. Your assumption should be to wait as long as the doctor tells you to ensure full recovery.

I broke my scaphoid and it took longer than the doctor said to get up to 100% and I allowed for plenty of time for it to heal. I know a lot of people who exacerbate their injuries by not waiting enough for it to heal 100%. Tread with caution and good luck.

• Like 2