Sikhonaire

singhbj singh

I think the Southall Singh Sabha election was at a time when uni sikh societies would have minimal influence. OR you mean uk sikh societies in general outside unis?

I think UK uni societies need to use their resources, and could start doing basics of sikhi style parchar as well as a host of other stuff. Like in West London, where a lot of the sikhs at these unis don't attend the uk sikh societies. However these students skills could get involved in sikhi by making videos, using web design, programming and graphics media skills. It get's them experience and exposure for when they would join the workplace as well as getting them some sikhi knowledge, as otherwise they would probably not go to sikh society meetings or events.

25 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think the Southall Singh Sabha election was at a time when uni sikh societies would have minimal influence. OR you mean uk sikh societies in general outside unis?

I think UK uni societies need to use their resources, and could start doing basics of sikhi style parchar as well as a host of other stuff. Like in West London, where a lot of the sikhs at these unis don't attend the uk sikh societies. However these students skills could get the involved in sikhi by making videos, using web design, programming and graphics media skills. If get's them experience and exposure for when they would join the workplace as well as getting them some sikhi knowledge, as otherwise they would probably not go to sikh society meetings or events.

I meant societies in general but it would be best if BOSS organised such an event.

Earlier GGSSC was targeting school kids for their course but now it's open to all ages.

6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

who is ggssc?

I never trusted BOSS 100%, I felt racism from them, and even anti-nihang sentiments.

Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle (Canada)

Gurmat Crash Courses are organised by them.

BOSS have been around since 1992 

https://www.boss-uk.org/aboutus/

As long as they are secular ie don't promote one Jatha it should be okay.