Did Winston Churchill & British Establishment deliberately want partition and deadly violence in punjab

superkaur

Guest Jacfsing2
32 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

I can say that you are a non-sikh person and of course naturally you would side with more unified india but it is not so simple for sikhs. For sikhs siding with either muslim or hindu based ideology state was not the best option. After siding with hindus in 1947, we have seen the results of many disadvantages for us. I don't want to go into deep in discussion but below is the practical disadvantages without involving any religious issue in it:

1. Punjab land was driven to small size - Took HP, HR and huge chunk of lands away from Punjab. Just now Modi govt gave huge industrial incentives to HP so that leftover industry from Punjab shifts to that state. 

2. All Punjabis corporations, factory owners production house was in Haryana/Noida. It took decades for Punjabis to build the industry powerhouse in Haryana and with clever disguise of "language spoken" basis, they carved haryana out of Punjab. Thus we lost all of our industries. 

3. Water rights are not given to us. 

Also, i would never ever trust anything that Gurinder chadha creates. She is not Sikh at all and never showed any interest in speaking in favor of sikhs. 

Wasn't the India that the great Sikhs who died to create a united subcontinent? One with all 3 of the British India countries together. No Sikh accepted the partition as beneficial to them, and our people benefited in no way at all. Also even today because of Tara Singh's decisions Sikhs today in the Indian constitution are referred to as Hindus. If in 1947 Sikhs were smart enough to demand a Non-Democratic elected Punjab ruled by Sikh people, we wouldn't have many of our current problems today.

41 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

I can say that you are a non-sikh person and of course naturally you would side with more unified india but it is not so simple for sikhs. For sikhs siding with either muslim or hindu based ideology state was not the best option. After siding with hindus in 1947, we have seen the results of many disadvantages for us. I don't want to go into deep in discussion but below is the practical disadvantages without involving any religious issue in it:

1. Punjab land was driven to small size - Took HP, HR and huge chunk of lands away from Punjab. Just now Modi govt gave huge industrial incentives to HP so that leftover industry from Punjab shifts to that state. 

2. All Punjabis corporations, factory owners production house was in Haryana/Noida. It took decades for Punjabis to build the industry powerhouse in Haryana and with clever disguise of "language spoken" basis, they carved haryana out of Punjab. Thus we lost all of our industries. 

Also, i would never ever trust anything that Gurinder chadha creates. She is not Sikh at all and never showed any interest in speaking in favor of sikhs. 

I agree with all of this

44 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

The big elephant in the room is the proximity of Delhi to Punjab.

Gurgaon and Noida's success is largely due to being close to Delhi.

Delhi being the capital city is going to grab a large share of the resources. Delhi is a parasite city that feeds off other states.

If after partition,  India's capital was shifted further south to say Madya Pradesh/Andhra Pradesh/Maharashtra borders, Delhi''s influence would have been seriously curtailed and they would have had less clout to steal our waters. 

4 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Gurgaon and Noida's success is largely due to being close to Delhi.

True with your post but they were once part of Punjab and taking it away from Punjab brings thunderous crippling state economy. Imagine the state tax revenue being lost by taking this land away from punjab. That was the main point. 

3 hours ago, JSinghnz said:

End of the day it was the British who were responsible for this carnage. They had the resources like the Army etc to facilitate a peaceful transition of power but they chose not to. Dividing Punjab in a matter of weeks by a drunkard showed their real intentions.

They were definitely responsible for all the deaths and destruction by handling this in the worst manner. I believe that transition was supposed to be handled over the years but the person in charge was getting other position and he did it hurriedly (forgot where i read/saw the source). 

10 hours ago, proactive said:

You need to understand the situation at the time that this incident took place. Someone had to make a stand against the Muslims who were agitating for a Muslim league government to be put in place. If that had happened then you can make sure that the whole of Punjab would have gone to Pakistan

Bengal had Muslim league government but it was partitioned anyway.

11 hours ago, superkaur said:

Benefited how? by becoming majority in 1/3 of already halved punjab (between india and pakistan) and enslaved in the hindu majority Indian Union?

OKay.What you would have done differently if you were the leader of sikhs in 1940s ? Sikh leadership did not have many options because Sikhs were scattered all over Punjab.The only district where sikh were single largest group was Ludhiana where they formed about 41.7% of population.In the rest of 29 districts in Punjab Sikhs were either second biggest or 3rd biggest religious group.And the only princely state where they formed majority was Faridkot 57.7 % .So tell me while keeping in mind this demographic situation; what would have done differently ?