Anti-Sikh Right wing Hindu nationalist Rajiv Malhotra Says Sikhs are sect of Hinduism

superkaur

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have followed Rajiv Malhotra for a few years on social media.

He is clearly  a very intelligent man, accomplished in his field made a lot of money out of it before moving onto his Hindu pursuits. 

His main bone of contention is the western influence on Indian thought. His claim is that many institutes are anti-hindu.

He has a big problem with Christian missionaries. 

His method is to use purva rakshah  (or something very similar to that term) which means reversing the gaze on western intellectualism and do critical analysis on the west.

If you you-tube ,he has this presentation on the west with power-point and slides from an indic point of view. It is really quite insightful.

However,  even though his type have this intellectual arrogance where everything that came from India was the best and correct. The irony is his critique uses a western based framework to "reverse the gaze".

He calls himself an intellectual kashtriya. 

He is right about laying alot of the blame to the door of the British who left India in a mess and stolen all its resources and manpower only for UK's economic benefit.

However his response for religious minorities like us Sikhs wanting our own political autonomy or independence in the form of Khalistan is to say its only backed by pakistan or by the British in order to cause problems for Hindu India is wholly wrong. When the fact of the matter is Sikhs are a distinct religious group, who had their own sovereign kingdoms and an empire. And who are not safe or truly free in hindu dominated India where our concerns are not heard or taken seriously and enacted upon.

We also faced genocides and destruction to our places of worship under Hindu majority rule without justice or readdress of our grievances so it is legitimate for our community to have our own nation to safeguard our needs without Hindu / Indian nationalists like Rajiv and others complain that its all external entities (Pakistan or the UK/west) that are funding or propagating Sikh nationalism and separatism.

35 minutes ago, superkaur said:

He is right about laying alot of the blame to the door of the British who left India in a mess and stolen all its resources and manpower only for UK's economic benefit.

However his response for religious minorities like us Sikhs wanting our own political autonomy or independence in the form of Khalistan is to say its only backed by pakistan or by the British in order to cause problems for Hindu India is wholly wrong. When the fact of the matter is Sikhs are a distinct religious group, who had their own sovereign kingdoms and an empire. And who are not safe or truly free in hindu dominated India where our concerns are not heard or taken seriously and enacted upon.

We also faced genocides and destruction to our places of worship under Hindu majority rule without justice or readdress of our grievances so it is legitimate for our community to have our own nation to safeguard our needs without Hindu / Indian nationalists like Rajiv and others complain that its all external entities (Pakistan or the UK/west) that are funding or propagating Sikh nationalism and separatism.

The British are responsible for a lot of things and they were doing it for their own benefit.

But no country will go into another country if it wasn't.

An ancient complex civilisation like India should know better.

6 hours ago, superkaur said:

Attacking Sikhi, what you on about?

If you haven't got anything relevant to say about the topic I would suggest you do not contribute with useless trolling responses.

You attacked Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on this thread.  

before attacking Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  You attacked keeping hair uncut.  You said to a member that it is not necessary to keep hair uncut for a Sikh.

17 hours ago, superkaur said:

I dont really care what him or other hindu's have to say about the status of Sikhi being hindu sect or not. But what I do care about is these anti-sikh influencing figures with a large social media following who then influence others to have anti-sikh thoughts as we have seen his posion has spread to that woman saskhi bhardwaj and other dumb hindu youths.

We cant bury our heads in the sands and think these guys dont matter cos they do, what they say does impact on how other hindus treat Sikhs and how they write about Sikhs on social media it does have real life consequences. He is like the piped piper that gossips and spreads rumours and entrances and enables others to have anti-sikh feelings.

And I'm not saying we should ignore what they're doing. All I am saying is we need to first know what is a Sikh, which most of our population does not know. You will find many so-called Sikhs agreeing with Rajiv Malhotra's claims, due to their lack of knowledge on Sikhi, so when our own stand divided, how can we combat these foreign forces as one united group. We can't stop these people from talking unless we combat it as a united force. When one Sikh will deny any relation to Hinduism, ten other Sikhs will stand up saying we are connected to them - so in the end, the struggle becomes useless and futile. We need internal reform, before we can combat these type of people.

And regards to the like of Sakshi and her anti-Sikh sentiment, well it isn't a new thing at all. It's always been present (think of Gangu) however with the rise of the BJP and Hindu nationalism in India, more and more people like her are becoming vocal about it. The reason we have to endure this, is because of the mistakes our elders made in not securing a separate country during the Partition. But our generation of Sikhs aren't any better, for we too are making similar mistakes as our elders. 

I'm sure Sakshi will be slammed with hate speech charges, perhaps a Sikh lawyer in India can get on this and escalate this case, although I think they're dealing with it: http://news.statetimes.in/police-probing-conspiracy-to-break-hindu-sikh-unity-search-for-sakshi-bhardwaj-intensified/

14 hours ago, TejS said:

And I'm not saying we should ignore what they're doing. All I am saying is we need to first know what is a Sikh, which most of our population does not know. You will find many so-called Sikhs agreeing with Rajiv Malhotra's claims, due to their lack of knowledge on Sikhi, so when our own stand divided, how can we combat these foreign forces as one united group. We can't stop these people from talking unless we combat it as a united force. When one Sikh will deny any relation to Hinduism, ten other Sikhs will stand up saying we are connected to them - so in the end, the struggle becomes useless and futile. We need internal reform, before we can combat these type of people.

And regards to the like of Sakshi and her anti-Sikh sentiment, well it isn't a new thing at all. It's always been present (think of Gangu) however with the rise of the BJP and Hindu nationalism in India, more and more people like her are becoming vocal about it. The reason we have to endure this, is because of the mistakes our elders made in not securing a separate country during the Partition. But our generation of Sikhs aren't any better, for we too are making similar mistakes as our elders. 

I'm sure Sakshi will be slammed with hate speech charges, perhaps a Sikh lawyer in India can get on this and escalate this case, although I think they're dealing with it: http://news.statetimes.in/police-probing-conspiracy-to-break-hindu-sikh-unity-search-for-sakshi-bhardwaj-intensified/

You are right

However this is not our fault as a people, this is the fault of external pressures from hindutva groups and SGPC our so called leadership they are happy to be subservient to RSS and New Delhi to avoid the troubles of 1980s 90s. And through lack of firm action and standing up for Sikhi they have created a generation of confused hindunised Sikhs which is exactly the thing they were trying to avoid in when they drew up the ill thought out rehit maryada to force all Sikhs become Khalsa's and pushing Sehajdhari Sikhs into the camps of Hindu punjabi Hindutva groups which in turn lead to troubles in punjab. The brahmin sena and shiv sena grew their hair long and beards wore turbans became fake khalsa's and killed Sikhs and innocents to give Sikh Seperatists a bad name in punjab. One way or another they will enforce their rule on us until we are truly free of them.

The brahmin and hindtuva groups will never stop trying to pull Sikhs and Sikhi into the fold of hinduism either through military and terrorist means as they did in 1980s 90s. Or through buying off or infiltrating Sikh orgs with keshdhari hindus posing as Sikhs like they have done in ancient past and do so presently.

Sikhs need to recognise this reality as fact first before we can move to a better future

end of the day, hinduism term was created to suit the gora, angrej, firanghi to make bharati/hindus/hindustanis follow the abrhamic concept of religion.

hinduism term doesn't really apply to the dharmik traditions, including sikhi of course.

hindu itself used to be used as a geographical and cultural term during 10 Gurus times and mughal rule. IT also pointed to the ancient civilisation, although the term was rare during ancient times. Goras changed and twisted it to a religious label.

On 03/09/2017 at 11:11 AM, superkaur said:

Why are you hijacking this thread to divert it onto another irrelevant topic? Address me in that topic if you have concerns not this one. You beginning to sound like the same as the troll "SinghOne" and his many alias........ are you him?

And btw that's not attacking SGGS Ji that's just saying my personal view point which is that SGGS Ji is not Waheguru. I gave you my explanations and reasoned logic behind my views.

If you cant differentiate  between an attack and a difference of view point then you really need help.

If you continue to divert the topic to another personal attack and dig at me like a troll would do, I would let Mods take care of you as your intentions are clear your not here to discuss the topic at hand your here to make mischief with members.

Hijacking a thread?  Its very important to read Gurbani and tell what Gurbani says. You have flat out lied. Gurbani says clearly Vaheguru took the 1st form Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji all the way to the Fifth form as Sri Guru Arjun Dev ji.  You do not read Gurbani.  You search Gurbani like a Pathan to lie about Sikhi and rely on wrongly translated lines of Gurbani and paraphrase some of a line to distort what has been said.  Next you will be saying well established facts as gravity are not possible in your opinion.  You don't hold opinions.  You hold hatred toward the Khalsa Panth. You have ran away from this forum in the past because your true intentions have been exposed.  But like a cockroach, you keep coming back.   

You want to win votes by attacking Hindus.  You know Sikhs generally hate Hindus and this will help you win viewers and posters here.  Slow posters and viewers will be soften by your post against Hindus and they will be less likely to address your hatred toward Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and Khalsa Panth.  Well keep working to soften others because you have not softened the dog that barks the loudest and bites that don't release.

Rajiv Malhotra is not in the same category as Sakshi Bhardhwaj. Due to ignorance Rajiv(like most Hindus) believes Sikhs are Hindus while Sakshi Bhardhwaj is just hateful and resentful against Sikhs, Sikhi and Sikh Gurus in general. She has a severe hatred for Sikhs and their Gurus.

Rajiv Malhotra it seems is just ignorant about Sikhi and the mission of the Sikh Gurus. Like most Hindus he ignorantly believes that the only purpose of Sikhi is to protect Hinduism. Leaving aside his ignorance of Sikhi but he has done some great research in exposing Christian missionary organizations and western academia's attitude towards eastern traditions. Before him, a lot of people did not know of westerners doing theft of eastern knowledge in regards to mind sciences, medicine and taking the credit of those and re-branding it as "western knowledge".