Jump to content
superkaur

Anti-Sikh Right wing Hindu nationalist Rajiv Malhotra Says Sikhs are sect of Hinduism

Recommended Posts

I was watching some videos on youtube the other day and came across this old hindu guy called Rajiv Malhotra he seems to be influencing the younger Indian generation towards hindu nationalism. Evil Sakshi Bhardwaj the anti-sikh infamous hindu extremist who recently made highly offensive videos against Sikhs and Sikhi is a follower and admirer of this guy.

https://twitter.com/RajivMessage/status/5808820218718

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nationalism in general has been a plague on most countries. They'll make their beds alright and then be forced to lie in them.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, superkaur said:

I was watching some videos on youtube the other day and came across this old hindu guy called Rajiv Malhotra he seems to be influencing the younger Indian generation towards hindu nationalism. Evil Sakshi Bhardwaj the anti-sikh infamous hindu extremist who recently made highly offensive videos against Sikhs and Sikhi is a follower and admirer of this guy.

 

 

 

 

 

This poster has been attacking sikhi while exposing Hindu extremist.  This is a strange way of behaving.  Unless she is a Christian or Muslim.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, superkaur said:

I was watching some videos on youtube the other day and came across this old hindu guy called Rajiv Malhotra he seems to be influencing the younger Indian generation towards hindu nationalism. Evil Sakshi Bhardwaj the anti-sikh infamous hindu extremist who recently made highly offensive videos against Sikhs and Sikhi is a follower and admirer of this guy.

https://twitter.com/RajivMessage/status/5808820218718

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wish sikhs in the east could see through the governments lies and propaganda, it's pathetic to watch them make these statements, and it feels even more pathetic when apnay actually believe this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, superkaur said:

I was watching some videos on youtube the other day and came across this old hindu guy called Rajiv Malhotra he seems to be influencing the younger Indian generation towards hindu nationalism. Evil Sakshi Bhardwaj the anti-sikh infamous hindu extremist who recently made highly offensive videos against Sikhs and Sikhi is a follower and admirer of this guy.

https://twitter.com/RajivMessage/status/5808820218718

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let him, or anyone for that matter say whatever they wish about Sikhs.

What truly matters is what we, as Sikhs, believe in. Do we truly believe that we are a sect of Hinduism, who uphold the caste system, do pointless rituals such as pilgrimages/fasts/idolatry, or do we believe none of that and follow only what's written in the GGS, and go about living life according to it? Because there are many so-called Sikhs that adhere to the caste system and conduct those mentioned pointless rituals, you can't help but see that our own people are agreeing indirectly through their actions to what Rajiv Malhotra is saying. However, if you are the latter type, then you should not be hazed by comments coming from such insignificant people and should stay firm in your way of life. 

The Hindus name-call us a sect, because they see us doing exactly what they do. Until our Sikhs don't follow the guidance of the GGS, such people will always exist. It is not their fault, it is ours. Let's not give them a chance to call us out on practicing their pointless rituals/caste-ism. When most of the Sikh population itself believes that Sikhs are very much a part of Hinduism, then why does it matter if an outsider says so. We need to change ourselves first, in order to change others.

Edited by TejS
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how we are a Sect of Hindus when it suits them and then we are massacred we are not. 

Have you seen any other sect of hindus treated like this. I don't see Sai Baba devotees given this treatment or Vaishnavites or Shaivites for that matter. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TejS said:

Let him, or anyone for that matter say whatever they wish about Sikhs.

What truly matters is what we, as Sikhs, believe in. Do we truly believe that we are a sect of Hinduism, who uphold the caste system, do pointless rituals such as pilgrimages/fasts/idolatry, or do we believe none of that and follow only what's written in the GGS, and go about living life according to it? Because there are many so-called Sikhs that adhere to the caste system and conduct those mentioned pointless rituals, you can't help but see that our own people are agreeing indirectly through their actions to what Rajiv Malhotra is saying. However, if you are the latter type, then you should not be hazed by comments coming from such insignificant people and should stay firm in your way of life. 

The Hindus name-call us a sect, because they see us doing exactly what they do. Until our Sikhs don't follow the guidance of the GGS, such people will always exist. It is not their fault, it is ours. Let's not give them a chance to call us out on practicing their pointless rituals/caste-ism. When most of the Sikh population itself believes that Sikhs are very much a part of Hinduism, then why does it matter if an outsider says so. We need to change ourselves first, in order to change others.

I dont really care what him or other hindu's have to say about the status of Sikhi being hindu sect or not. But what I do care about is these anti-sikh influencing figures with a large social media following who then influence others to have anti-sikh thoughts as we have seen his posion has spread to that woman saskhi bhardwaj and other dumb hindu youths.

We cant bury our heads in the sands and think these guys dont matter cos they do, what they say does impact on how other hindus treat Sikhs and how they write about Sikhs on social media it does have real life consequences. He is like the piped piper that gossips and spreads rumours and entrances and enables others to have anti-sikh feelings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Funny how we are a Sect of Hindus when it suits them and then we are massacred we are not. 

Have you seen any other sect of hindus treated like this. I don't see Sai Baba devotees given this treatment or Vaishnavites or Shaivites for that matter. 

True, we also didn't see Tamil hindu's massacred or discriminated against when Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a LTTE tamil tiger suicide bomber woman.

The RSS Hindu and congress mobs only went after Sikhs because they saw our people as "the other" and enemies of their hindu rasthra nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have followed Rajiv Malhotra for a few years on social media.

He is clearly  a very intelligent man, accomplished in his field made a lot of money out of it before moving onto his Hindu pursuits. 

His main bone of contention is the western influence on Indian thought. His claim is that many institutes are anti-hindu.

He has a big problem with Christian missionaries. 

His method is to use purva rakshah  (or something very similar to that term) which means reversing the gaze on western intellectualism and do critical analysis on the west.

If you you-tube ,he has this presentation on the west with power-point and slides from an indic point of view. It is really quite insightful.

However,  even though his type have this intellectual arrogance where everything that came from India was the best and correct. The irony is his critique uses a western based framework to "reverse the gaze".

He calls himself an intellectual kashtriya. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have followed Rajiv Malhotra for a few years on social media.

He is clearly  a very intelligent man, accomplished in his field made a lot of money out of it before moving onto his Hindu pursuits. 

His main bone of contention is the western influence on Indian thought. His claim is that many institutes are anti-hindu.

He has a big problem with Christian missionaries. 

His method is to use purva rakshah  (or something very similar to that term) which means reversing the gaze on western intellectualism and do critical analysis on the west.

If you you-tube ,he has this presentation on the west with power-point and slides from an indic point of view. It is really quite insightful.

However,  even though his type have this intellectual arrogance where everything that came from India was the best and correct. The irony is his critique uses a western based framework to "reverse the gaze".

He calls himself an intellectual kashtriya. 

He is right about laying alot of the blame to the door of the British who left India in a mess and stolen all its resources and manpower only for UK's economic benefit.

However his response for religious minorities like us Sikhs wanting our own political autonomy or independence in the form of Khalistan is to say its only backed by pakistan or by the British in order to cause problems for Hindu India is wholly wrong. When the fact of the matter is Sikhs are a distinct religious group, who had their own sovereign kingdoms and an empire. And who are not safe or truly free in hindu dominated India where our concerns are not heard or taken seriously and enacted upon.

We also faced genocides and destruction to our places of worship under Hindu majority rule without justice or readdress of our grievances so it is legitimate for our community to have our own nation to safeguard our needs without Hindu / Indian nationalists like Rajiv and others complain that its all external entities (Pakistan or the UK/west) that are funding or propagating Sikh nationalism and separatism.

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, superkaur said:

He is right about laying alot of the blame to the door of the British who left India in a mess and stolen all its resources and manpower only for UK's economic benefit.

However his response for religious minorities like us Sikhs wanting our own political autonomy or independence in the form of Khalistan is to say its only backed by pakistan or by the British in order to cause problems for Hindu India is wholly wrong. When the fact of the matter is Sikhs are a distinct religious group, who had their own sovereign kingdoms and an empire. And who are not safe or truly free in hindu dominated India where our concerns are not heard or taken seriously and enacted upon.

We also faced genocides and destruction to our places of worship under Hindu majority rule without justice or readdress of our grievances so it is legitimate for our community to have our own nation to safeguard our needs without Hindu / Indian nationalists like Rajiv and others complain that its all external entities (Pakistan or the UK/west) that are funding or propagating Sikh nationalism and separatism.

The British are responsible for a lot of things and they were doing it for their own benefit.

But no country will go into another country if it wasn't.

An ancient complex civilisation like India should know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, superkaur said:

Attacking Sikhi, what you on about?

If you haven't got anything relevant to say about the topic I would suggest you do not contribute with useless trolling responses.

You attacked Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on this thread.  

before attacking Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  You attacked keeping hair uncut.  You said to a member that it is not necessary to keep hair uncut for a Sikh.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

You attacked Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji on this thread.  

before attacking Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  You attacked keeping hair uncut.  You said to a member that it is not necessary to keep hair uncut for a Sikh.

Why are you hijacking this thread to divert it onto another irrelevant topic? Address me in that topic if you have concerns not this one. You beginning to sound like the same as the troll "SinghOne" and his many alias........ are you him?

And btw that's not attacking SGGS Ji that's just saying my personal view point which is that SGGS Ji is not Waheguru. I gave you my explanations and reasoned logic behind my views.

If you cant differentiate  between an attack and a difference of view point then you really need help.

If you continue to divert the topic to another personal attack and dig at me like a troll would do, I would let Mods take care of you as your intentions are clear your not here to discuss the topic at hand your here to make mischief with members.

Edited by superkaur
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, superkaur said:

I dont really care what him or other hindu's have to say about the status of Sikhi being hindu sect or not. But what I do care about is these anti-sikh influencing figures with a large social media following who then influence others to have anti-sikh thoughts as we have seen his posion has spread to that woman saskhi bhardwaj and other dumb hindu youths.

We cant bury our heads in the sands and think these guys dont matter cos they do, what they say does impact on how other hindus treat Sikhs and how they write about Sikhs on social media it does have real life consequences. He is like the piped piper that gossips and spreads rumours and entrances and enables others to have anti-sikh feelings.

 

And I'm not saying we should ignore what they're doing. All I am saying is we need to first know what is a Sikh, which most of our population does not know. You will find many so-called Sikhs agreeing with Rajiv Malhotra's claims, due to their lack of knowledge on Sikhi, so when our own stand divided, how can we combat these foreign forces as one united group. We can't stop these people from talking unless we combat it as a united force. When one Sikh will deny any relation to Hinduism, ten other Sikhs will stand up saying we are connected to them - so in the end, the struggle becomes useless and futile. We need internal reform, before we can combat these type of people.

And regards to the like of Sakshi and her anti-Sikh sentiment, well it isn't a new thing at all. It's always been present (think of Gangu) however with the rise of the BJP and Hindu nationalism in India, more and more people like her are becoming vocal about it. The reason we have to endure this, is because of the mistakes our elders made in not securing a separate country during the Partition. But our generation of Sikhs aren't any better, for we too are making similar mistakes as our elders. 

I'm sure Sakshi will be slammed with hate speech charges, perhaps a Sikh lawyer in India can get on this and escalate this case, although I think they're dealing with it: http://news.statetimes.in/police-probing-conspiracy-to-break-hindu-sikh-unity-search-for-sakshi-bhardwaj-intensified/

Edited by TejS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×