alcohol in perfume?

Preeet

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Someone gifted me really expensive perfume, and I just read that it contains 'alcohol denat'.. Just to double check, I cannot use this perfume as an amritdhari? I used the perfume (hours before I accidentally read the ingredients) with my friend who gifted it to try it ;( Should I throw it out, do I need to retake amritji? Dhanyavad vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji Ki fateh

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Someone gifted me really expensive perfume, and I just read that it contains 'alcohol denat'.. Just to double check, I cannot use this perfume as an amritdhari?

That "someone" who gifted you the perfume also contains alcohol. So do you. All human bodies naturally produce alcohol every day. So, given that you're not going to drink that "someone" or drink yourself the only question that remains is this: Are you planning on drinking that perfume or cooking a dish with it ?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ 

Well, if you live in the west, there is probably a chance you've used alcohol related products to clean. Since we aren't using these products to get drunk, I don't see why we would have to retake Amrit. Guru sahib said "jith pethay matt door hoye" peethay being of course ingestting it. And loosing "maat" is the real reason we avoid it anyways ji. 

18 minutes ago, SoulSingh said:

Well, if you live in the west, there is probably a chance you've used alcohol related products to clean. Since we aren't using these products to get drunk, I don't see why we would have to retake Amrit. Guru sahib said "jith pethay matt door hoye" peethay being of course injesting it. And loosing "maat" is the real reason we avoid it anyways ji. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Thank you for replying Singh ji! Hmm, I see. Would it be inappropriate if I used it before going to a dharmic jaga such as a gurdwara ji? Since I always go everyday while running errands. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh 

12 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

That "someone" who gifted you the perfume also contains alcohol. So do you. All human bodies naturally produce alcohol every day. So, given that you're not going to drink that "someone" or drink yourself the only question that remains is this: Are you planning on drinking that perfume or cooking a dish with it ?

10 hours ago, S1ngh said:

My opinion would be to keep spiritual place as a simple place and also that to be free from chemicals such as scents, perfume sprays etc. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh, ji

Thank you both for answering! I think I'd smell like body odor if I don't use it :rofl So I shouldn't throw out the perfume? Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

15 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Someone gifted me really expensive perfume, and I just read that it contains 'alcohol denat'.. Just to double check, I cannot use this perfume as an amritdhari? I used the perfume (hours before I accidentally read the ingredients) with my friend who gifted it to try it ;( Should I throw it out, do I need to retake amritji? Dhanyavad vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji Ki fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

One time I used mouthwash and it had alcohol in there so I never used it again. What I think is that if you didn't know then Maharaj will understand. 

It may seem a bit too forgiving but do ardas just in case.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸੁਗੰਧਤ ਤਨਿ ਲਾਵਹਿ ॥

By His Grace, you apply scented oils to your body;

ਤਿਸ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਪਰਮ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਵਹਿ ॥

remembering Him, the supreme status is obtained.

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/916/11932

Doesn't matter whether we use perfume or not, important thing is we should always remember & thank "Daata" for "Daat's".

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh