The use of mantras

Reecon

10 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Let us see a bit why Yogi Bhajan was not good at all, forget being a sikh, but even a decent human being.

Following is an article written by Steven Hassan which I found on the net, and seems having credibilty:

"The head of the empire, Yogi Bhajan, died in New Mexico in 2004 at the age of seventy-five.

Born Harbhajan Singh Puri, he arrived in the U.S. in 1969. He soon renamed himself Yogi Bhajan. He said he was a well-known holy man back home in India. In reality, in India, Bhajan had been merely a civil servant, a customs inspector.

Members of Yogi Bhajan’s group claim to be Sikhs. However, according to mainstream members of the religion, by adhering to the doctrine of Yogi Bhajan, they are violating more traditional Sikh teachings.

Yogi Bhajan’s teachings are closer to a synthesis of Kundalini yoga, tantric and New Age practices than anything originating from Sikh teachings.

The audacity of Yogi Bhajan’s claims makes this story particularly alarming. Bhajan taught, among other things, that he could see auras and see into the future. But perhaps his most outrageous claim was that he was the official religious and administrative leader of all Sikhs in the Western world.

I am told that most legitimate Sikhs avoid any association with Bhajan’s group, and that Yogi Bhajanism is by no means representative of the five-century-old Sikh tradition whose homeland is in the Indian Punjab

Former members with whom I have worked populate and tell their stories on a Delphi forum, “The Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan“. Over the past thirty years I have helped former members who alleged sexual and psychological abuse by and under Yogi Bhajan. There have been allegations of various criminal activities, and also Security Exchange Commission convictions of members of Yogi Bhajan’s inner circle. Several former students of Yogi Bhajan claim that when attempting to leave the group, they were threatened with violence. There is an unsolved murder of a member that is still under investigation, and also haunting suicides.

There is more information on this fraud yogi bhajan which can be read on the following address:(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steven-hassan/the-disturbing-mainstream_b_667026.html), but the above evidences are more than sufficient to prove out how devlish was this fellow."

*And to share a bit of light on the topic of the OP about what is a mantra, and its effects .... following are some basic points :

Mantra is a Sanskrit word that consists of two parts: the root word man, which relates to thought, and the suffix -tra, which refers to tools or instruments. The word literally means “a tool of the mind” or “instrument of thought.”

The word mantra is used to describe any thoughts, utterances, songs, or other sequences of words or sounds that are supposed to have spiritual efficacy or magical power.

A mantra is defined as “a tool of the mind that has a spiritual effect on a person’s will or emotional state of being.” A mantra can be a religious or sacred prayer or chant, but it can also be a spell or supernatural weapon.

Mantras are not specific to any one system of thought or religion.

Generally,any utterance or thought that is believed powerful enough, to affect either the inward state of a person’s mind or the world at large can be called a mantra.

substitute the word "yogi bhajan" with your own radhasoami guru, (or any cult/dera) then it will still read the same. :)

don't know why you've started blowing the baja again with your own "MASKED" agenda!!

there is no paap in doing jaap of any mantra from gurbani...>>as long as the intention is out of pure prem for waheguru.

I'm not gonna make judgements on other sects but from harsharan's examples above, it seems like one cult or sect just continues to fight in the playground with the other sects.  

Someone said above that all gurbani is mantar>> and that is correct. You can sit there saying ek onkaar repearedly if you want. God's not gonna ignore ya.

MANTAR -> means MAN which is MIND. and TAR defines to a tool or something we use to produce an outcome from something. Therfore, MANTAR=,means MIND-Tool.   >>>Game is ALL about the MANN-MIND and how to steady it to focus on just the ONE sachay patshah.  >>>>> as long as you use the mantar fro this purpose and it's from guru''s bani, ie. something that Guru has given personally, >>then there's no problem with this. Dont' matter whether radhasomai, nirankaaris , 3ho or whoever> sings their own versions. WE don't need to be judging them>let GOD do the judging.

I know and i can tell you all as i did u-turn on my own life just by starting to jap gurmantar.. I had gone to anger managent classes repeatedly for years and couldn't get any control over this edge of mine.  II know you plonkas on here will try and provoke me as usual cuz of my "jatt" ness factor in my name. But you guys gotta learn that i'm changing one thing at a time and i've come a long way from the streets where i used to be selling gear. In all fairness, bring it on if you want but you just gonna bark at a brick wall. i'm in the absorbing phase at the moment and that means the more punches i take, the tougher i get and the more ego i shed, cuz you will just be knocking off layers of my ego with ya puches....  

14 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

there is no paap in doing jaap of any mantra from gurbani...>>as long as the intention is out of pure prem for waheguru.

I'm not gonna make judgements on other sects but from harsharan's examples above, it seems like one cult or sect just continues to fight in the playground with the other sects.  

Someone said above that all gurbani is mantar>> and that is correct. You can sit there saying ek onkaar repearedly if you want. God's not gonna ignore ya.

MANTAR -> means MAN which is MIND. and TAR defines to a tool or something we use to produce an outcome from something. Therfore, MANTAR=,means MIND-Tool.   >>>Game is ALL about the MANN-MIND and how to steady it to focus on just the ONE sachay patshah.  >>>>> as long as you use the mantar fro this purpose and it's from guru''s bani, ie. something that Guru has given personally, >>then there's no problem with this. Dont' matter whether radhasomai, nirankaaris , 3ho or whoever> sings their own versions. WE don't need to be judging them>let GOD do the judging.

I know and i can tell you all as i did u-turn on my own life just by starting to jap gurmantar.. I had gone to anger managent classes repeatedly for years and couldn't get any control over this edge of mine.  II know you plonkas on here will try and provoke me as usual cuz of my "jatt" ness factor in my name. But you guys gotta learn that i'm changing one thing at a time and i've come a long way from the streets where i used to be selling gear. In all fairness, bring it on if you want but you just gonna bark at a brick wall. i'm in the absorbing phase at the moment and that means the more punches i take, the tougher i get and the more ego i shed, cuz you will just be knocking off layers of my ego with ya puches....  

Thank you. 

Your first sentence was basically the answer I was looking for. 

Because the 'mantra' is something they use I didn't know if it was proper for one to do.

Thank you. 

Just now, harsharan000 said:

Utter madness , and mentally unbalanced of a so called person, who is  thus worse than the main character in the following video :

Yeh ol'man.  what EXACTLY did i say wrong or unbalanced??

ANSWER THIS: Are you or are you not a Radahasoami? 

I know from your posts that you are pushing their distorted stuff whilst not admitting you are one of them. I wouldn't care less if you said "i'm radhasoami, before you try and disguise material as all sikhi

Guest Jacfsing2
12 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

Is the reference to the radhaswami cult affecting you to this extent that you lose your mental balance?

It's basically the same as accusing a real Sikh of being an RSS Agent, very unreasonable on the person claiming @harsharan000was RadhaSwami.

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

It's basically the same as accusing a real Sikh of being an RSS Agent, very unreasonable on the person claiming @harsharan000was RadhaSwami.

Just a small correction. I'm not accusing or guessing the guy is radhasoami.  >>>>I am telling the truth and asking him to admit the truth if he has the guts.  >>>> I know that he is 'for defo' associated with them..