I left sikhi, now I want to go back into sikhi, but then I don't?

Guest Singh1998

Guest Jacfsing2

There is something else I would add, would these people realistically support you if you wanted to somehow go towards a route to spirituality, would they be willing to follow the true Sikh path with you, (not just saying they are Sikhs, but actually follow what Guru Sahib is saying)? I'm not going to say these people are bad influences, maybe in their minds, (somehow), they probably want good things for you, but you must be convinced that they way you are following is the best way, 110% of the time. Would these women chak Amrit to help you in life, would they even do something as simple as doing paht? Would your friends and family respect you going towards the path you want, if not, you should highly doubt calling them friends. You must also have strong self-esteem whether you want to be a Sikh or not.

18 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Apologize, but what's 6th form?

6th form is the 12th and 13th year of education for uk students. Many uk schools end at the 11th year, so most 6th forms are colleges, but some schools also have 6th forms. The most popular qualification taken is A-Levels, it is the pre-university qualification taken in uk mostly in Colleges and in some Schools.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:00 PM, Guest Guest Singh1998 said:

I have tried to tell them. But they just don't want to hear it. From a young age we were encouraged to go out clubbing and I would grow up in an environment where there was alcohol and my cousins and uncles would talk about girls. They don't care about sikhi. They love Maas more than sikhi. My parents are going to pay for my uni education and I want to thank them for that, if I start to tie a dumalla and all of that again then they would be upset and I would feel guilty. Then on the other hand, it's maharaj that has blessed me with education. The truth is I have a fear. The fear of going back into sikhi and leaving it again. That would just prove my family's point on how I would be way better without sikhi. Then I would just be treating Amrit like a game. 

The most logical thing would do is talk down with them and tell them that it is your life, it's not like you're forcing them to tie a dumalla 24/7. If that doesn't help then contact a Sikh Organisation such as SikhYouthUK.

Guest GuestSingh
23 hours ago, ms514 said:

Please don't make Sikhi a shirt that you put on and take off.  

Exactly. Amrit is like taking a vow so if you break it then you are showing everyone how much love and respect you have for Guru ji. The OP should be ashamed of himself. He has chosen the lust for woman over his Guru.

Many Panjabi youth in the west take Amrit yet still keep bad habits and do not change their ways for the better. In other words, they  act like idiots. They are unable to comprehend and understand the meaning of Sikhi because they have not experienced hardship or suffering in other countries. Even if they realise this, they still do not want to abandon their comfortable lifestyle. They see no harm in remaining immature, copying each other like sheep and treating Sikhi like a sweet shop.

If they had real love and respect for Guru ji then we would not see and hear them make a mockery of themselves while setting an example to the next generation.

The image of Sikhi in the west has been damaged but not destroyed.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 8/31/2017 at 10:00 AM, Guest Guest Singh1998 said:

I have tried to tell them. But they just don't want to hear it. From a young age we were encouraged to go out clubbing and I would grow up in an environment where there was alcohol and my cousins and uncles would talk about girls. They don't care about sikhi. They love Maas more than sikhi. My parents are going to pay for my uni education and I want to thank them for that, if I start to tie a dumalla and all of that again then they would be upset and I would feel guilty. Then on the other hand, it's maharaj that has blessed me with education. The truth is I have a fear. The fear of going back into sikhi and leaving it again. That would just prove my family's point on how I would be way better without sikhi. Then I would just be treating Amrit like a game. 

I really wish you were a user on this site so I could pm you, and try to help you out. But in the meantime, you have to realize that you shouldn't live a life for someone else, but do what you feel is the right step for you, in my view that's Sikhi, but that's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Guest UcanHaveSikh&Fun
On 28/08/2017 at 11:54 AM, Guest Singh1998 said:

I just don't know what to do.

Its simple really. When u were an amritdhari, all you did was change ur outside,  you did not change your inside or your mindset. And outside changes are temporary, your inside will come out sooner or later. Wearing bana, rehit, doing simran, banis are all outside changes that are supposed to change ur inside. But before they could change you, u stopped doing them. In a way, u or ur mind is scared of changing.check out NanakNaam youtube channel for more on this.

Even u falling off the path, could be a blessing. Mahraajs way of showing u failure and showing u how hard this path is and that u cant do it on ur own. Now that youve failed u see sikhi as precious, something u might not be strong enough or good enough for. That's the mindset u need to have. Always be grateful to Mahraaj for taking paapis like us and making them part of his fauj that had the likes of baba deep singh ji, the greatest japi, tapi, baba ajeet singh n others. He took us out of the mud of maya where we were enjoying n happy in this mud like the rest of the world and blessed us with sikhi and awakening. 

So Now, do not wear bana or do strict rehits. Go slowly, start with one thing like doing 15 mins of simran or japjisahib daily. N proove to urself that i can do this. Do 1 thing for a month, then add 1 more next month then 1 more. Cuz u only need to show urself that u can do sikhi. Work on ur inside as well. Be on the lookout for maya n how she traps u using the 5 chor. Each day say Mahraaj is on my side, maya you can try ur tricks but he will save me. Then throughout the day notice when lust, ego, anger, greed, jeoulousy etc atracks. At first u will notice after u have been overcome, for example, after u got angry n punched someone.  You will realize i let anger win. But if u keep practicing, u will realize it before u take an action, then as soon as anger enters ur mind, and finally u will see the situation that maya has created to trick u into anger and u will be able to laugh at maya paltry tricks. 

I recommend for now, dont try to choose a path. Do both, have fun and have sikhi on the inside. Dont be filled with guilt or hate and try to choose. Just do sikhi when u get urge n have fun too. But do try to get a better sangat so that ur fun doesnt lead u to more paap. I think u did all the hard things in sikhi like rehit without the fun stuff like hanging out with amritdharis n playing sports with them n then rehiraas sahib together. So go to sikhi camps they combine fun and sikh so u will be a balanced person and not have to fear falling off the path. Stay away from amritdhari girls plz, just have guy friends. Cuz not only will u destroy ur jeevan but also theirs and breaking somebody away from Mahraaj is the biggest paap. If they do give u attention, run the other way. Puratan gursikhs knew how tough this fight was, they would not even look up at any girls face, just kept their head down when in presence of females.

So at uni so this: in the morning simran, 1 dasam bani and 1 sggs bani. Then do ardaas that guru ji, only u can bless someone with sikhi, u were kind enough to do kirpa before, but i was foolish and could not sambaal (keep) it. Please forgive me and bless me again with sikhi and with sikhi give me the strength to nibhaa (keep) it. Also guru ji, my mind loves this world and its false.pleasures, please do kirpa that i love you and your sikhi.  Please also bless me with good sangat. (Do ur own ardaas from the heart watever u want to say) sachi preet hum.tum sio jori. Tum sio jor avar sang tori.

Then go and have a normal.uni day and.have fun. Just keep on the lookout for mayas 5 chor. 

Then in the eveing do simran, 1 dasam bani, and 1 bani from sggs. Then do ardaas. If u can keep this up for a month. Add either a rehit, more banis, or more sangat: going to gurudwara, or samagams. Or even reading the meanings of gurbani.  I would recommend that you add The ninth gurus salok mahalle nauva bani someday. Then each month if you  could keep up,.keep.adding more and more. But its.important to still have a normal.life and playing sports,.hanging out.

If u cant keep up and break these good habits before a month is up. Start smaller but DONT GIVE UP. Show mahraaj how much u want this. That even tho i will fail n fall again n again, i will keep crawling towards u.

Only after a year of doing this would i reccomend that u start wearing bana ( n make sure to get pesh before wearing bana) also i would reccomend getting pesh at nanaksar gurudwara, they have the least rehit, then a year later, start hanging out at a taksali gurudwara n start keepin their rehits,  then finally do naam drirh n start keep akj rehits like sarbloh bibek etc. Take it slowly, sikhi is a school, it should take time, if u try to do phd too early, you will fail

Be the tortoise not the rabbit, go slow n steady n u will win the race

Guru Rakha,

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 0:31 PM, monatosingh said:

If you don't feel like getting back into Sikhi but you really want to, remember you are apart of a community where you are looked after. Shady year 11's are not going to look after you they are just going to make you drink, do drugs and then mess your life up at some point.

Talk to some Singhs, trust me when my cousin took me to the Gurdwara he made some friends with Singhs and they really make you feel like that you are one of them, because you are, they are your brothers. 

Very well said 

I think you should try talking to your family and try telling them how you feel. I do think that the social environment that we grow up in massively impacts our personality. So, for you to be surrounded by your family who are not religious but for you to be religious  just shows how strong your faith and personal character is. I can understand why your worried to go to Uni but I would just say that remember your own moral standards. Conscience is a dirty killer so dont do anything that you will regret. Just keep your head down and remember why your studying and what you want in life. Good luck with Uni :)

Sat Sree Akal Guest Singh Jee,

following are my 2 cents to your fears and queries which I found and thought of sharing with you:

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking.

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.

And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”

~ Steve Jobs

"Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way.

You are on the path... exactly where you are meant to be right now...

And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing, of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love."

~ Caroline Adams

*One can never ever stay much away fom Sikhee, for Sikhee is not a religion of rituals and dogmas, of do´s and donts, but a tie link between us on one end, and Akal Purukh on the other end, by which He pulls us towards Himself, whenever we call upon Him with love and devotion.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.