4 hours ago, OneBeing said:

Its been weeks and i cant find any strength do paath any more. I've literally been in bed all day on my phone watching movies etc and not doing anything spirutual. I became so lazy. I even did ardas so many times to give me strength to stay on the path of sikhi and not fall off.

I dont know what happened. All of a sudden i lost all motivation. At school i never ate anything because I wanted to find some sort of motivation to make me do my paath again. I use to find a way to force my self to do it. Pain etc, but not even that worked. Obviously you need love and stuff and some kind of connection with Gurbani to be able to do this.

Maybe its cuz of my past life or something. Thats why im not blessed to be able to do these kind of things. I know so much about the spiritual side of sikhi, but find it so hard to do it and apply it to my life anymore.

I use to do satnam waheguru jaap and mool mantar everwhere i went. Walking to school, at break, when ever i had free time etc. I did japji sahib all the time in my mind when i was at school because of my panic attacks etc.

I know im a bad person and have a HUGE EGO (haumai). I dont know how to lose my lazyness. What do I do?? I never had any sikh friends in my life so i got no one to give advice or anything. I've never met any practicing sikh my age in my life who can relate and none of my family or anything practice it even though they are amritdhari and they know nothing about sikhi, they can't even name all the gurus.

I dont know what to do. Should i just leave spirituality and sikhi? No one else around me is doing it and when i talk about these kind of things around other people, i get laughed at and they say "what the hell are you talking about, stop speaking this nonesense".

First question you need to ask yourself is why you did Paath/Simran in the first place. Did you do it because you actually wanted to or because it was what you thought you should do as a Sikh? If one doesn't know why they're doing Simran or repeating the Nitnem everyday, these practices can begin to appear like the sorts of mechanical rituals which Sikhi condemns, and one may get disillusioned and demoralised. Plenty of our brothers and sisters have. Forcing yourself to do Simran with pain suggests to me that you may have fallen into this mindset subconsciously. 

You said it yourself singhji, pyaar is the best foundation for faith, the only truly stable one. If you try to build your parosaa on foundations of guilt ("I'm such a bad Sikh etc, etc.) it WILL collapse someday, and you will suddenly be left with nothing in the whole world. I know this from bitter experience, and I can honestly say that it was the worst time of my life. The antidote to this confusion was knowledge, figuring out why Sikhs do the things we do instead of just performing the familiar motions without a thought to what lies behind them. 

The reason we do Simran is to programme our minds to think like Guru Ji, he who sees Waheguru in everything and everyone. As I understand it, the point is to become so used to uttering the name Waheguru that we begin to utter it subconsciously all the time, and this constant remembrance of the creator is supposed to inform everything we do. Every time you meet a person you are supposed to have Waheguru's name in the forefront of your mind to remind you that this person you are facing is also Waheguru, and that your behavior towards them should reflect this. And most of the people doing Simran do not know this, the tragic consequences of this ignorance are plain for everyone to see. 

Always remember that Guru Ji instructs us to practice Simran for our own benefit, not theirs. Everything our Gurus gave to us, every bit of advice, they gave out of love, not out of a desire for reverence or personal glory. 

2 hours ago, OneBeing said:

How do i take one? Do i have to ask someone to do it orrr? Do i have to pay money for it? If i do, then how much is it?

No you don't have to pay for it lol. 

Go to your local gurdwara and if you want to take it yourself ask the granthi Sahib if you can take it yourself and then do this 

On 2/25/2008 at 9:02 AM, AkaalSahai said:

WJKK!

WJKF!!!!!!

Here's a step by step way of taking the hukamnama, which is also found on http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?showtopic=20540

(1) An Ardaas or standing prayer, should be offered before taking a Hukamnama.

(2) If Guru Ji is covered with a Rumaala Sahib (beautiful fabric draping), then slowly with reverence roll or fold the Rumaala Sahib on itself. It is advisable to tuck the rolled up section of the Rumaala Sahib between the hard cover of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and the Angs on both sides. Ang litterally means 'part' as in part of a body. Each ang is reverently considered to be part of the body of the living Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahibji

(3) If Guru Ji has not been opened, then when opening Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the opening angs at the top will be the Hukamnama. If Guru is already open then from the middle of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, lift an equal amount of Angs from one side and the other side, and with both thumbs carefully and randomly select an ang from the middle section of Guru Ji.

(4) Before reciting a Hukamnama, it is common to recite a mangla-chaaran, which means an invocation. We not only invoke the blessing of the Guru but clear our minds that we may read the Hukamnaama with proper attention. This can be a small shabad, salokh or saying 'Satnaam Vaahiguroo' in between opening Guru Ji for the Hukamnama and before reading the Hukam.

Some examples of Mangla-chaarans which are commonly used when taking Hukamnamas are:

Mool Mantar: -

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

"One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace." (Ang 1, SGGS)

Salokh (couplet):

sloku ]fMfauiq bMdn Aink bwr srb klw smrQ ] foln qy rwKhu pRBU nwnk dy kir hQ ]1]

"Salokh: I bow down, and fall to the ground in humble adoration, countless times, to the All-powerful Lord, who possesses all powers. Please protect me, and save me from wandering, God. Reach out and give Nanak Your Hand. ||1||" (Ang 256, SGGS)

A pauree (stanza) from a shabad:

ਸਲੋਕੁ ॥ਡੰਡਉਤਿ ਬੰਦਨ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਾਰ ਸਰਬ ਕਲਾ ਸਮਰਥ ॥ ਡੋਲਨ ਤੇ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇ ਕਰਿ ਹਥ ॥1॥

I seek Your Sanctuary - You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. ||3||12|| (Ang 673)

(5) The Hukamnama according to the Rehat Maryada is always from the top left hand side. If the shabad is continuing from the previous ang turn the ang over to the point where the shabad begins.

If the Bani is a Salokh (couplet) or a Pauree (stanza), read the Salokh and the Pauree (if it starts on the previous ang, start from there). The pauree typically at the end of a given Shabad, which is deliniated by the pause or 'Rahao' line, in a shabad contains the central idea of Guru Ji's message. The other stanzas then expound in greater detail on this central theme.

You need to read the first two lines of the Hukamnama twice. Again the Pauree before the "Rahaao" (if applicable) is usually the central idea of the Shabad. The last two lines are then to also read twice (as indication that this is the end of the Hukamnama).

(7) A shabad usually ends with "Nanak" Also you can tell by looking at the numbers following after the line after a given Pauree where you are. The final Pauree contains a number then another number indicating fianlity of the Shabad. Thus Gurbani is organized in a logical way most can follow.

On 25/08/2017 at 4:07 PM, OneBeing said:

Its been weeks and i cant find any strength do paath any more. I've literally been in bed all day on my phone watching movies etc and not doing anything spirutual. I became so lazy. I even did ardas so many times to give me strength to stay on the path of sikhi and not fall off.

I dont know what happened. All of a sudden i lost all motivation. At school i never ate anything because I wanted to find some sort of motivation to make me do my paath again. I use to find a way to force my self to do it. Pain etc, but not even that worked. Obviously you need love and stuff and some kind of connection with Gurbani to be able to do this.

Maybe its cuz of my past life or something. Thats why im not blessed to be able to do these kind of things. I know so much about the spiritual side of sikhi, but find it so hard to do it and apply it to my life anymore.

I use to do satnam waheguru jaap and mool mantar everwhere i went. Walking to school, at break, when ever i had free time etc. I did japji sahib all the time in my mind when i was at school because of my panic attacks etc.

I know im a bad person and have a HUGE EGO (haumai). I dont know how to lose my lazyness. What do I do?? I never had any sikh friends in my life so i got no one to give advice or anything. I've never met any practicing sikh my age in my life who can relate and none of my family or anything practice it even though they are amritdhari and they know nothing about sikhi, they can't even name all the gurus.

I dont know what to do. Should i just leave spirituality and sikhi? No one else around me is doing it and when i talk about these kind of things around other people, i get laughed at and they say "what the hell are you talking about, stop speaking this nonesense".

Become a Sikh not a troll on here