Jump to content
Guest Anonymous

Love someone

Recommended Posts

Guest Anonymous   
Guest Anonymous

I m going through hard situation. I love a guy and he loves me too unconditionally. I want to marry him . Unfortunately my parents are not accepting just because he does not have the "status" my family has. Though he earns well and has a pure soul. More important thing is we have great understanding. With him, I feel more close to that Almighty. I know we will be happy together. I don't know how to convince my parents. I really have faith in waheguru. I m praying continously and reciting gurbani . I m kind to everyone. Sometimes I really feel negative about whole situation . I want him in my life and want my parents to be happy for us. What to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Marry Him   
Guest Marry Him

If the guy is a good Sikh and treats you right, then you will do whatever it takes to win your parents blessings for the marriage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2

I'm not going to tell you what to do, but what makes this person special that makes you want him as a life partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fight for him   
Guest Fight for him

If he is a nice genuine guy and your love for him is strong and true then you should fight to keep that bond. Being from different caste is not even an argument as in Sikhi there is no caste system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest kaur   
Guest kaur

I would say trust your parents and take their advice. Sometimes in life love can blind us, it can make everything seem rose tinted. Whilst, I can understand that he may have a pure soul if his "status" is different to yours it can create problems in the future. Consider why and what factors dont allow him to have the same "status" as your family.

Tbh If your parents dont agree then I would say leave it alone. The last thing you want is for you to be with this person, your parents turning their back on you and then you having nobody. Marriage is more than two people loving and committing to each other. Its a unity between two families. Dont forget that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Positive   
Guest Positive
On 24/08/2017 at 2:57 PM, Guest Anonymous said:

I m going through hard situation. I love a guy and he loves me too unconditionally. I want to marry him . Unfortunately my parents are not accepting just because he does not have the "status" my family has. Though he earns well and has a pure soul. More important thing is we have great understanding. With him, I feel more close to that Almighty. I know we will be happy together. I don't know how to convince my parents. I really have faith in waheguru. I m praying continously and reciting gurbani . I m kind to everyone. Sometimes I really feel negative about whole situation . I want him in my life and want my parents to be happy for us. What to do?

Do what u want..we come alone and go alone.

Your parents reasons are not honourable- what do u think the Guru's would have said? Forget rubbish brown culture and be free, no-one owns u and you owe no-one who does not respect your freedom and right to be happy and other human beings anything. Its foolish thinking theyre above others due to 'status'.

Your parents sound like egotistical fools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simran345    2,456
On 24/08/2017 at 0:57 PM, Guest Anonymous said:

I m going through hard situation. I love a guy and he loves me too unconditionally. I want to marry him . Unfortunately my parents are not accepting just because he does not have the "status" my family has. Though he earns well and has a pure soul. More important thing is we have great understanding. With him, I feel more close to that Almighty. I know we will be happy together. I don't know how to convince my parents. I really have faith in waheguru. I m praying continously and reciting gurbani . I m kind to everyone. Sometimes I really feel negative about whole situation . I want him in my life and want my parents to be happy for us. What to do?

Why are your parents objecting to him? Does he have a job? Or will he be financially dependent upon you or your family? If he’s standing on his own feet and works and does not rely on others, and also has good qualities and personality, than they should consider him for marriage to you. 

Talk to your parents, ask them what their reasons are and maybe you could work around it, and compromise if he’s a decent guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,501

some questions:

1. Is he asking to go for marriage DESPITE your folks , if he is i would be very wary as he is disrespecting your roots and this will leave you isolated from them and hurt the people who loved you the most? 

2. If you are pushing for marriage DESPITE your folks , are you so unconfident that the relationship can weather tough times that you are not willing to wait and show your certainty?

3. You say you feel close to Guru ji , does he share this feeling is he aiming towards a gursikh life ?

4. If you both are confident in the relationship and are both dedicated to Guru ji are you both willing to have amrit to illustrate this to both sets of parents?

5. Has he mentioned his intentions to his folks and asked them to approach yours?

6. What is so special about your folks status ? Is this a caste nonsense thing or a money thing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
On 10/11/2017 at 7:15 PM, Guest Positive said:

Your parents reasons are not honourable-

I genuinely think that the parents care, nobody willingly would give their daughter up to someone who won't provide financially, (there are exceptions in that the guy can be a little less high income than the parents; however, they still expect their child to be clothed and fed by their husband).

On 10/11/2017 at 7:15 PM, Guest Positive said:

what do u think the Guru's would have said?

Guru Sahib would've said don't have attachments, Bhai Gurdas Vaaran say directly that the love of humans is nothing compared to Guru Sahib.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:15 PM, Guest Positive said:

Forget rubbish brown culture and be free, no-one owns u and you owe no-one who does not respect your freedom and right to be happy and other human beings anything. Its foolish thinking theyre above others due to 'status'.

Again you don't acknowledge how difficult it is for someone who is wealthy and has probably seen poverty and less income, and then seeing their child willingly go through most likely the struggles they've tried to avoid. Didn't see any mention where the parents were being egotistical, but rather caring for their child.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:15 PM, Guest Positive said:

Your parents sound like egotistical fools. 

I hope you don't try being egotistical yourself and shouting negatively to others in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akalifauj    791
On 10/09/2017 at 4:05 PM, LifeIsBeautiful said:

Go for the guy wholeheartedly, honestly, your parents will come around. If he is the right person for you. Marry him. Have faith in God and in your love together.

Hippies or should I say 3ho spokesperson.  What does god got to do with this little girl lusting after a guy?  Life is not a bollywood movie.  They can smash each other brains out every night and still they won't find anything.  You people are so brain dead.  She's thinking with her ..... And the guy just wants to smash her, if he hasn't already.  Get it over with.  Smash each other and you will be moving on to the next brainless creature....

Reading Gurbani for what?  So you can smash each other.  Go bow at Shiva ling maybe then the sex God will help you. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akalifauj    791
On 11/10/2017 at 4:15 PM, Guest Positive said:

Do what u want..we come alone and go alone.

Your parents reasons are not honourable- what do u think the Guru's would have said? Forget rubbish brown culture and be free, no-one owns u and you owe no-one who does not respect your freedom and right to be happy and other human beings anything. Its foolish thinking theyre above others due to 'status'.

Your parents sound like egotistical fools. 

Why didn't you get out of your parents house at 5 years old. Kids in Africa everyday are left on the road to make their own earning.  What the hell is wrong with you.  Didn't have the courage or brains to make it on your own at 5.  Now the spoiled little brat is giving orders to the parents!!!  You must be dizzy.  Go lay down before someone knocks the sense back into you.  Why the hell did they take care of a piece of <banned word filter activated> like you.  They didn't have to do anything for you.  You cried for Barbie dolls for god sake.  Kicked and screamed like a punk kid because your mom wouldn't get you a Barbie doll.  And now the very people who treated you like their own, don't mean anything? You are a total B**ch.  No man will ever marry you.  I bet men use you for one thing and you deserve it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akalifauj    791
On 09/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, Guest kaur said:

I would say trust your parents and take their advice. Sometimes in life love can blind us, it can make everything seem rose tinted. Whilst, I can understand that he may have a pure soul if his "status" is different to yours it can create problems in the future. Consider why and what factors dont allow him to have the same "status" as your family.

Tbh If your parents dont agree then I would say leave it alone. The last thing you want is for you to be with this person, your parents turning their back on you and then you having nobody. Marriage is more than two people loving and committing to each other. Its a unity between two families. Dont forget that. 

Finally some realistic and sensible advice on this forum. 

There is so much garbage on this forum now.  People with their bollywood thinking has made society very m*ronic.  These are the people who sell out Sikhi in a heart beat.  Our ancestors would rather die than give up anyone of the Gurus teachings when the non Sikh demanded it.  We have way too many cowards pretending to be Sikhs.  Give these so called Sikh girls the opportunity to date and they will leave every teaching behind for two seconds of pleasure.  Give these guys one girl and they also do away with everything.  Biggest cowards in the world.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Singh123456777    1,110
3 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Finally some realistic and sensible advice on this forum. 

There is so much garbage on this forum now.  People with their bollywood thinking has made society very m*ronic.  These are the people who sell out Sikhi in a heart beat.  Our ancestors would rather die than give up anyone of the Gurus teachings when the non Sikh demanded it.  We have way too many cowards pretending to be Sikhs.  Give these so called Sikh girls the opportunity to date and they will leave every teaching behind for two seconds of pleasure.  Give these guys one girl and they also do away with everything.  Biggest cowards in the world.  

So true

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kaur   
Guest Kaur

 

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

Finally some realistic and sensible advice on this forum. 

There is so much garbage on this forum now.  People with their bollywood thinking has made society very m*ronic.  These are the people who sell out Sikhi in a heart beat.  Our ancestors would rather die than give up anyone of the Gurus teachings when the non Sikh demanded it.  We have way too many cowards pretending to be Sikhs.  Give these so called Sikh girls the opportunity to date and they will leave every teaching behind for two seconds of pleasure.  Give these guys one girl and they also do away with everything.  Biggest cowards in the world.  

I do agree with you about our ancestors and how they would rather have died than betray our religion. But I dont agree that she deserves to be used and abused by men. Its obvious that this girl is confused and vulnerable. I just dont feel like theres any need to make things worse. She does need to understand that her family are her backbone but she doesnt need to feel guilty for the feelings and emotions that she is feeling right now.  So many girls are blinded by lust and I think its just part of growing up to feel overwhelmed sometimes. She just needs to remember her religion, teachings and her family. Her head has to be stronger than her heart otherwise the temptations of this world will eat her alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×