The Path to a Sikh Renaissance

TejS

13 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Brother what you described is exactly the problem.. You are suggesting that for the sake of the panth we should compromise the principals.. Reading the thread after you comments about dasam Granth is the perfect example of why sikhi can't go down that route.. Where we lose the message.. Sikhi is  Sanji kaum nobody owns it or has the right to define it... None of our Gurus did! 

errr I think you'll find Guru Sahiban defined in detail and illustrated the panth (path) over a period of two HUNDRED years and still can be asked/ consulted forever more in Guru Granth Sahib ji  ... it is complete with all aspects clarified about living in kalyug as a Khalsa in Dasam Granth ji, and how to gain and maintain Khalsa Raj in combination with Sarbloh Granth ji 

On 05/09/2017 at 3:35 PM, jkvlondon said:

errr I think you'll find Guru Sahiban defined in detail and illustrated the panth (path) over a period of two HUNDRED years and still can be asked/ consulted forever more in Guru Granth Sahib ji  ... it is complete with all aspects clarified about living in kalyug as a Khalsa in Dasam Granth ji, and how to gain and maintain Khalsa Raj in combination with Sarbloh Granth ji 

I think you will find its non dogmatic in the context of this conversation 

2 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

I think you will find its non dogmatic in the context of this conversation 

dogma
ˈdɒɡmə/
noun

1. a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
    "the dogmas of faith"
    synonyms: teaching, belief, conviction, tenet, principle, ethic, precept, maxim, article of faith, canon, law, rule;

Whatever Guru ji said , did was is and shall always be true ...so now what?

19 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:
dogma
ˈdɒɡmə/
noun

1. a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
    "the dogmas of faith"
    synonyms: teaching, belief, conviction, tenet, principle, ethic, precept, maxim, article of faith, canon, law, rule;

Whatever Guru ji said , did was is and shall always be true ...so now what?

Your interpretation is dogmatic not the bani

1 minute ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Your interpretation is dogmatic not the bani

I think you are failing to understand that Sikhi is a set of tenets  that have been  laid down as the truth and thus a 'dogma' maybe you believe that my acceptance of that truth is dogmatic ...frankly I really do not see that as a problem because everything i have been shown in life has proven the truth is there .

52 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I think you are failing to understand that Sikhi is a set of tenets  that have been  laid down as the truth and thus a 'dogma' maybe you believe that my acceptance of that truth is dogmatic ...frankly I really do not see that as a problem because everything i have been shown in life has proven the truth is there .

How can a meta physical, universal truth be reduced to man made dogma 

23 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

How can a meta physical, universal truth be reduced to man made dogma 

I think you are  confused about the definition THE Absolute truth that is sikhi would be considered logically satisfying the requirements of the definition of dogma , it is you who is declaring it equivalent to something man-made.

Just now, Sukhvirk1976 said:

You see dogma as a set of rules... Freedom is unbound 

true freedom is found by containing the distractions, avoiding or overcoming  the obstacles from the target ...there is an active adhering to the right actions ...it is not chaos of unbounded anarchy but following a tried and true path if it was achievable without karam you wouldn't need to be born/follow any faith