Why some sardar men raising their young boys as monah ?

18 hours ago, imhosingh said:

Having kesh imho is only important if you are into sikhi and realise it's significance . If you don't then there is little point in keeping it.

I beg to differ, let's see what dasmeh patshah has to say about this =)

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜੀ ! ਤੁਮ ਪੰਥ ਚਲਾਯੋ ॥ ਬਾਣਾ ਰਚਯੋ ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਖਵਾਯੋ ॥ [Nau Nidh speaking] “Oh Lord, you have started this Path, you have created this dress and made them keep Kesh.
ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਬਤਾਵਹੁ॥ ਕਿਸ ਕਾਰਨ ਕਰਿ ਇਨਹੁਂ ਰਖਾਵਹੁ ?॥3॥
Guru Ji, helper of the poor, tell me - Why do you make them keep Kesh?
ਸੁਨਿ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖ ਫੁਰਮਾਵਨਿ ਕਰਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਕੋ ਸ਼ਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਬਿਚਰ੍ਯੋ ॥
Hearing the words [of Nau Nidh], Guru Ji said, "You have studied many Shaastras”
ਪੜ੍ਹਨ ਸ਼੍ਰਵਨ ਮਹਿਂ ਬੈਸ ਬਿਤਾਈ ॥ ਇਹ ਗਤਿ ਲਖੀ ਕਿ ਨਹਿਂ ਤੁਮ ਪਾਈ ॥4॥
“You have spent your life listening and reciting the Shaastras, yet you have not come to realize the answer”
ਧਰਮ ਰਖਨਿ ਕੇਸ਼ਾਦਿਕ ਭਲੇ ॥ ਸਨਕਾਦਿਕ ਤੇ ਆਵਤਿ ਚਲੇ ॥ Adorning Kesh is beneficial to keeping one’s Dharam, since the start of time this has been the tradition.
ਭਾਰਥ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਖੈ ਸ਼ੁਭ ਦੇਸ਼ ॥ ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਾਖਣੋ ਧਰਮ ਬਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼’ ॥5॥
In the great land of Bharat [India], keeping Kesh is an exalted part of Dharam.
ਸੁਨਿ ਕੈ ਨਉਨਿਧ ਬਹੁਰ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ ਆਪ ਕਹਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਸਾਚ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਨਾ ॥
Listening to the answer, Nau Nidh replied, “what you have said is true.
ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਕੇਸ਼ ਧਾਰੀ ਸਭਿ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਅਬਿ ਤੌ ਸਮਾ ਰਹ੍ਯੋ ਨਹਿਂ ਸੋਈ’ ॥6॥
Everyone used to keep their Kesh, however times have changed.”
ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਭਨ੍ਯੋ ‘ਸਮਾ ਕ੍ਯਾ ਕਹੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਰਵਿ ਸੋ ਸਸਿ, ਸੋ ਜਲ ਅਹੈ ॥ ਬਾਯੂ, ਬੰਨੀ, ਬਸੁਧਾ ੳਈ ॥ ਦੋਸ਼ ਸਮੈ ਕੋ ਕ੍ਯਾ ਕਹਿ ਕੋਈ ॥7॥ Guru Ji replied, “How have times changed? The same sun remains, the same moon, water, wind, fire and Earth remain. How can you blame time?
ਆਪਨ ਆਪ ਕੋ ਦੋਸ਼ ਲਖੀਜੈ । ਰਾਖੇ ਜਾਇਂ ਨ, ਸਾਚ ਕਹੀਜੈ ॥ Blame yourself for not being able to keep Kesh, speak the truth Nau Nidh.
ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਖਨਿ ਕੀ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੀਨੇ ॥ ਦੋਸ਼ ਸਮੇਂ ਪਰ ਕਲਪਨ ਕੀਨੇ ॥8॥ You do not have the strength to keep Kesh so you dismissively blame the times for changing.

Guest Jacfsing2

Having Kesh only benefits if you know why you are keeping Kesh, and most of the Sikhs don't know why they keep Kesh, (or even why they cut it in the first place). Many people today who keep Kesh probably don't the know the truth about Sikhi but simply what their parents told them. The bigger question we should ask is not whether someone keeps Kesh or not, but rather do they know about Sikhi or not? We have some people who keep head Kesh, but remove beard, or we have some who keep head Kesh and remove body hair, whatever the reason, we should go to the root of the problem.

22 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Having Kesh only benefits if you know why you are keeping Kesh, and most of the Sikhs don't know why they keep Kesh, (or even why they cut it in the first place). Many people today who keep Kesh probably don't the know the truth about Sikhi but simply what their parents told them. The bigger question we should ask is not whether someone keeps Kesh or not, but rather do they know about Sikhi or not? We have some people who keep head Kesh, but remove beard, or we have some who keep head Kesh and remove body hair, whatever the reason, we should go to the root of the problem.

yeh, it's also a problem that people need to know why they cut kesh in the first place.

Insaan has been given roop with kesh, so to have to go through kesh removal ritual without good reason is very silly for a sikh.

Guest Jacfsing2
37 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

yeh, it's also a problem that people need to know why they cut kesh in the first place.

Insaan has been given roop with kesh, so to have to go through kesh removal ritual without good reason is very silly for a sikh.

People cut Kesh for appearance purposes, there really isn't much more than that, Sikh or Non-Sikhs. Some monks however, completely shave their head, but they are the exception not the rule.

On 8/20/2017 at 6:57 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

He doesn't live in india . He lives in australia . I saw him and his 4 yr old son in one photo , standing next to each other in suits , with the caption "Like father , like son" . HOw ironic one of them is sardar and other is monah. 

I asked him on message , why he's doing this . He said he's not sikh . When I asked then why do you wear turban, he said turban is not sole ownership of sikhs, even muslims or others wear it . But he's def was a sikh , and of punjabi descent, although cut short my argument by saying he's not a sikh in the first place.

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Not all sardars are Sikh! From my mom's side, her grandfather was a devout punjabi shaivite and he was a sardar who kept kesh and wore a pagh. Even today if you visit popular tiriths you will see sadhus with uncut kesh and paghs. If someone denies being a sikh, then that especially means they are not sikhs, it answers the question!! & don't you cut your dhari as well (according to your old posts)? Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I am not against moneh  but I saw how few sardar men raising their young son without uncut kes and patka . 

How horrible is that? if your son grows up and cut his hair, its a different thing , but to raise him such , it reflects the self-loathing and self-esteem issues these men have . 

There are money keeping dastar as well. So Its not really one sided at all. Some monry keep dastar just for their kids.

On 22/08/2017 at 2:47 PM, ipledgeblue said:

I beg to differ, let's see what dasmeh patshah has to say about this =)

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜੀ ! ਤੁਮ ਪੰਥ ਚਲਾਯੋ ॥ ਬਾਣਾ ਰਚਯੋ ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਖਵਾਯੋ ॥ [Nau Nidh speaking] “Oh Lord, you have started this Path, you have created this dress and made them keep Kesh.
ਗੁਰੂ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਬਤਾਵਹੁ॥ ਕਿਸ ਕਾਰਨ ਕਰਿ ਇਨਹੁਂ ਰਖਾਵਹੁ ?॥3॥
Guru Ji, helper of the poor, tell me - Why do you make them keep Kesh?
ਸੁਨਿ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖ ਫੁਰਮਾਵਨਿ ਕਰਯੋ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਕੋ ਸ਼ਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਬਿਚਰ੍ਯੋ ॥
Hearing the words [of Nau Nidh], Guru Ji said, "You have studied many Shaastras”
ਪੜ੍ਹਨ ਸ਼੍ਰਵਨ ਮਹਿਂ ਬੈਸ ਬਿਤਾਈ ॥ ਇਹ ਗਤਿ ਲਖੀ ਕਿ ਨਹਿਂ ਤੁਮ ਪਾਈ ॥4॥
“You have spent your life listening and reciting the Shaastras, yet you have not come to realize the answer”
ਧਰਮ ਰਖਨਿ ਕੇਸ਼ਾਦਿਕ ਭਲੇ ॥ ਸਨਕਾਦਿਕ ਤੇ ਆਵਤਿ ਚਲੇ ॥ Adorning Kesh is beneficial to keeping one’s Dharam, since the start of time this has been the tradition.
ਭਾਰਥ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਖੈ ਸ਼ੁਭ ਦੇਸ਼ ॥ ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਾਖਣੋ ਧਰਮ ਬਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼’ ॥5॥
In the great land of Bharat [India], keeping Kesh is an exalted part of Dharam.
ਸੁਨਿ ਕੈ ਨਉਨਿਧ ਬਹੁਰ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ ਆਪ ਕਹਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਸਾਚ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਨਾ ॥
Listening to the answer, Nau Nidh replied, “what you have said is true.
ਪ੍ਰਥਮ ਕੇਸ਼ ਧਾਰੀ ਸਭਿ ਕੋਈ ॥ ਅਬਿ ਤੌ ਸਮਾ ਰਹ੍ਯੋ ਨਹਿਂ ਸੋਈ’ ॥6॥
Everyone used to keep their Kesh, however times have changed.”
ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਭਨ੍ਯੋ ‘ਸਮਾ ਕ੍ਯਾ ਕਹੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਰਵਿ ਸੋ ਸਸਿ, ਸੋ ਜਲ ਅਹੈ ॥ ਬਾਯੂ, ਬੰਨੀ, ਬਸੁਧਾ ੳਈ ॥ ਦੋਸ਼ ਸਮੈ ਕੋ ਕ੍ਯਾ ਕਹਿ ਕੋਈ ॥7॥ Guru Ji replied, “How have times changed? The same sun remains, the same moon, water, wind, fire and Earth remain. How can you blame time?
ਆਪਨ ਆਪ ਕੋ ਦੋਸ਼ ਲਖੀਜੈ । ਰਾਖੇ ਜਾਇਂ ਨ, ਸਾਚ ਕਹੀਜੈ ॥ Blame yourself for not being able to keep Kesh, speak the truth Nau Nidh.
ਕੇਸ਼ ਰਖਨਿ ਕੀ ਸਮਰਥ ਹੀਨੇ ॥ ਦੋਸ਼ ਸਮੇਂ ਪਰ ਕਲਪਨ ਕੀਨੇ ॥8॥ You do not have the strength to keep Kesh so you dismissively blame the times for changing.

wow. which granth is this from ? Dasam granth sahib ?

21 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

People cut Kesh for appearance purposes, there really isn't much more than that, Sikh or Non-Sikhs. Some monks however, completely shave their head, but they are the exception not the rule.

yes completely removing kesh is different as sadhus do this such as Baba sri Chand, and of course monks such as Buddha-panth. This has been true for a long time in Bharat history.

The shaving usually signifies renouncing something, such as renouncing society or something else. This is not compatible with mainstream sikh panth as grihast jeevan is recommended. 

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, Balkaar said:

Our foremost concern should be making sure that kids grow up with Sikh values and knowledge, not patkas.  Plenty of kids are raised as kesdhari and neither care nor know anything about Sikh dharam. 

My parents were both monaay and raised me as a mona, and I'm honestly glad this was the case.  From my experience with a lot of other Sikhs, I've come to believe that it's much easier to take Sikhi for granted when you are born into a Gursikh family/circle and have it imposed on you.  As a mona I was forced to learn about it myself, and I feel that I have a very personal relationship with Maharaj as a result, uninfluenced by my social circles or family members. When I started keeping my kes I appreciated it all the more because I had to fight my own family for this right. Don't think its a bad thing if other kids should have to struggle for Sikhi in the same way, means they'll actually appreciate it.  

Life is funny I guess we all take things for granted/ want things we do not have. With Maharaaj's kirpa I have uncut hair and an Amritdhari, right? But my mum mentioned to me, on a few occassions, how I should trim my beard as it follows society, modern world n all that crap.

My dad's an Amritdhari too but he's the SAFEST guy anyone can cm across. My own baptised mum is complete opposite: Full of hostility, thinks everyone uses us and we have a toxic relationship. ANYWAYS! It's funny, moneh kid's parents cry as their children cut hair/ do not follow Sikhi and parents with kids on path to Sikhi cry cause they're following tradition and not modern world. Or model world more like.

11 years of having Amrit shak life has been nothing but Anand for me.