Why some sardar men raising their young boys as monah ?

I am not against moneh  but I saw how few sardar men raising their young son without uncut kes and patka . 

How horrible is that? if your son grows up and cut his hair, its a different thing , but to raise him such , it reflects the self-loathing and self-esteem issues these men have . 

10 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I am not against moneh  but I saw how few sardar men raising their young son without uncut kes and patka . 

How horrible is that? if your son grows up and cut his hair, its a different thing , but to raise him such , it reflects the self-loathing and self-esteem issues these men have . 

Let me get this right, btw I agree with you. 

Hindus raped and killed sikhs in 1984. Thousands of Sikh mothers and daughters were raped and killed in 1984, and they still are!

Thousands of Sikh were killed in 1984 and they are still being killed by Hindus without any problem.

Point I am making is, why those sikh father's should care, we have nothing to be proud of as being Sikh in Hindu India  However, as a Sikh I do think we will win in the end. 

At this time if you want to rally sikhs up, all you have to say is Dasam graranth, they don't care that sikhs are getting killed and raped every day,  however, they wanna fight about Dasam garanth or meat because they are not ready for the real battle!!

12 hours ago, acsap said:

Let me get this right, btw I agree with you. 

Hindus raped and killed sikhs in 1984. Thousands of Sikh mothers and daughters were raped and killed in 1984, and they still are!

Thousands of Sikh were killed in 1984 and they are still being killed by Hindus without any problem.

Point I am making is, why those sikh father's should care, we have nothing to be proud of as being Sikh in Hindu India  However, as a Sikh I do think we will win in the end. 

At this time if you want to rally sikhs up, all you have to say is Dasam graranth, they don't care that sikhs are getting killed and raped every day,  however, they wanna fight about Dasam garanth or meat because they are not ready for the real battle!!

He doesn't live in india . He lives in australia . I saw him and his 4 yr old son in one photo , standing next to each other in suits , with the caption "Like father , like son" . HOw ironic one of them is sardar and other is monah. 

I asked him on message , why he's doing this . He said he's not sikh . When I asked then why do you wear turban, he said turban is not sole ownership of sikhs, even muslims or others wear it . But he's def was a sikh , and of punjabi descent, although cut short my argument by saying he's not a sikh in the first place.

What makes you think the parent keeps their kesh because they want to? From my experience the majority of those dad's would cut their hair (indeed many do and wear the dastaar when around family, but not at work or with non family social circles). They only wear a pug because of family pressure/appearances. Their children are free of such pressure so they let them be monah. It's not really an issue anyway because it's what is going on in the head that counts and not outward appearances. 

5 minutes ago, imhosingh said:

What makes you think the parent keeps their kesh because they want to? From my experience the majority of those dad's would cut their hair (indeed many do and wear the dastaar when around family, but not at work or with non family social circles). They only wear a pug because of family pressure/appearances. Their children are free of such pressure so they let them be monah. It's not really an issue anyway because it's what is going on in the head that counts and not outward appearances. 

if it does not matter then why cut kesh in the first place? Surely the cutting of kesh is following societal norms and rejecting our culture, especially when one increases ego by trying all these different hairstyles?

Having kesh imho is only important if you are into sikhi and realise it's significance . If you don't then there is little point in keeping it. As for children when they get older they will get into sikhi if that's their destiny. If their parents don't think it's important hopefully the general environment and access to knowledge will bring them back to want to keep kesh. Also keeping kesh is a source of ego for many 'sardars' I know, but their behaviours are deemed to be not as important as their outward appearance.

On 19/08/2017 at 3:53 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

You are looking at the wrong parent.