monatosingh

Problems with certain Jathebandi's

Singh559    2,562

Agreed with sentiments of thread and agreed S1ngh. Toxic nature of jathebandi tribalism is very off-putting for new people coming into Sikhi have seen this first hand.

Jathebandis are beautiful and like Bhai Pinderpal Singh ji explained theyre like petals on a flower, but problem arises when you get people who prioritize the jathebandi they're in over the ekta of Panth.

• Like 2

monatosingh    82
10 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Nihangs are not a jathebhandi! Nihangs are the Khalsa plain & simple... Khalsa Akal Purekh ki fauj. Nihangs/Khalsa was established by mahraj themselves.

Taksal are not a jathebhandi! Mahraj established the nirmala & Khalsa... taksal is a combination of both.

The other 2 embarrassments to the panth that you mentioned are man made... nothing to do with mahraj

If Nihang and taksali's are not a jathebandi, then what are they?

Nihangs and Taksali's are Khalsa, but why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji make two jathebandi's that have a little different beliefs than the normal Khalsa panth? It just wouldn't make any sense unless someone tampered with it after him?

Kira    1,219
1 minute ago, monatosingh said:

If Nihang and taksali's are not a jathebandi, then what are they?

Nihangs and Taksali's are Khalsa, but why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji make two jathebandi's that have a little different beliefs than the normal Khalsa panth? It just wouldn't make any sense unless someone tampered with it after him?

Taksal was started by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj to provide arths and Santhiya of Gurbani to the populous. Think of them as intellectuals of the panth. While Nihang Singhs were more battle orientated and focused heavily on warfare. More so than the average sikh would. They also date back to Guru Sahibs time (from what I know Baba Buddha Ji was the creator of Buddha Dal) and so on.

Their beliefs are totally inline with Gurmat, but they follow different codes because they lead different lives than the ordinary sikh.

• Like 4

monatosingh    82

Anyway, this thread wasn't about every jatha, etc's problems but where some people of their jatha go wrong.

And the thread is about where they sometimes go wrong not which one was is a jatha or not.

monatosingh    82
9 hours ago, Destruction said:

Pakhand kirtani are no more than people who  like to scream bird noises 

This forum is AKJ friendly by the way so you need to watch what you are saying.

• Like 1

monatosingh    82
9 hours ago, Destruction said:

Nihangs are the true Khalsa and there will never ever be any group who can equal that kurbani, bhagti, seva, and most of all love for sikhi. The rest are all into politics and trying to show how they are the "real" Khalsa. Pakhand kirtani are no more than people who  like to scream bird noises 

Veer ji, it's not right to say that Nihangs are better than other's. We all achieve to do one thing in life, to take Guru ji's amrit. We all achieve to read bani, do simran, etc. Yes, certain nihangs may do 10 sukhmani sahibs or whatever and that's good but if they are doing it in terms of ego then that's when it is wrong.

At the end of the day, we are achieving the same thing.

• Like 1

Jacfsing2    1,845
1 hour ago, Mahakaal96 said:

babbar khaisa, 

Didn't the Babbar Khalsa actually fight injustice

• Like 1

Jacfsing2    1,845
46 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

That doesn't give them the right to alter 'Khalsa' of Guru Mahraj by adding Babbar. Due to certain beliefs they held around Bani such as Raag mala they are actually far from being Khalsa of Dasmesh Pita... these are all man made groups thinking they are Khalsa & then trying to distinguish themselves by adding words like Babbar, Nirvair, Banda etc. 

Listen to katha by old sants... they make it absolutely clear that Khalsa fauj are the Nihangs & no one else.

So what do you call the Khalistani Shaheeds?

singhbj singh    1,136

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਰਾਗੁ ਆਸਾ ਘਰੁ ੨ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥

Raag Aasaa, Second House, Fourth Mehla:

ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਧੜਾ ਕੀਆ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਸੁਤ ਨਾਲਿ ਭਾਈ ॥

Some form alliances with friends, children and siblings.

ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਧੜਾ ਕੀਆ ਕੁੜਮ ਸਕੇ ਨਾਲਿ ਜਵਾਈ ॥

Some form alliances with in-laws and relatives.

ਕਿਸ ਹੀ ਧੜਾ ਕੀਆ ਸਿਕਦਾਰ ਚਉਧਰੀ ਨਾਲਿ ਆਪਣੈ ਸੁਆਈ ॥

Some form alliances with chiefs and leaders for their own selfish motives.

ਹਮਾਰਾ ਧੜਾ ਹਰਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੧॥

My alliance is with the Lord, who is pervading everywhere. ||1||

ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਧੜਾ ਕੀਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਟੇਕ ॥

I have formed my alliance with the Lord; the Lord is my only support.

ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਖੁ ਧੜਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ਹਉ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ਅਸੰਖ ਅਨੇਕ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Other than the Lord, I have no other faction or alliance; I sing of the countless and endless Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਜਿਨੑ ਸਿਉ ਧੜੇ ਕਰਹਿ ਸੇ ਜਾਹਿ ॥

Those with whom you form alliances, shall perish.

ਝੂਠੁ ਧੜੇ ਕਰਿ ਪਛੋਤਾਹਿ ॥

Making false alliances, the mortals repent and regret in the end.

ਥਿਰੁ ਨ ਰਹਹਿ ਮਨਿ ਖੋਟੁ ਕਮਾਹਿ ॥

Those who practice falsehood shall not last.

ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਧੜਾ ਕੀਆ ਜਿਸ ਕਾ ਕੋਈ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥੨॥

I have formed my alliance with the Lord; there is no one more powerful than Him. ||2||

ਏਹ ਸਭਿ ਧੜੇ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਪਸਾਰੀ ॥

All these alliances are mere extensions of the love of Maya.

ਮਾਇਆ ਕਉ ਲੂਝਹਿ ਗਾਵਾਰੀ ॥

Only fools argue over Maya.

ਜਨਮਿ ਮਰਹਿ ਜੂਐ ਬਾਜੀ ਹਾਰੀ ॥

They are born, and they die, and they lose the game of life in the gamble.

ਹਮਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਧੜਾ ਜਿ ਹਲਤੁ ਪਲਤੁ ਸਭੁ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥੩॥

My alliance is with the Lord, who embellishes all, in this world and the next. ||3||

ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਧੜੇ ਪੰਚ ਚੋਰ ਝਗੜਾਏ ॥

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the five thieves instigate alliances and conflicts.

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ਵਧਾਏ ॥

Sexual desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment and self-conceit have increased.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਤਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ॥

One who is blessed by the Lord's Grace, joins the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation.

ਹਮਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਧੜਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਏਹ ਧੜੇ ਸਭਿ ਗਵਾਏ ॥੪॥

My alliance is with the Lord, who has destroyed all these alliances. ||4||

ਮਿਥਿਆ ਦੂਜਾ ਭਾਉ ਧੜੇ ਬਹਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥

In the false love of duality, people sit and form alliances.

ਪਰਾਇਆ ਛਿਦ੍ਰੁ ਅਟਕਲੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਵਧਾਵੈ ॥

They complain about other peoples' faults, while their own self-conceit only increases.

ਜੈਸਾ ਬੀਜੈ ਤੈਸਾ ਖਾਵੈ ॥

As they plant, so shall they harvest.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਧੜਾ ਧਰਮੁ ਸਭ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਜਿਣਿ ਆਵੈ ॥੫॥੨॥੫੪॥

Servant Nanak has joined the Lord's alliance of Dharma, which shall conquer the whole world. ||5||2||54||

https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/1422/16686