monatosingh

Problems with certain Jathebandi's

(THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD)

Nihang: They are good. They fight for the panth and for dasmesh pita. Living an awesomely mastana jeevan like a Nihang Singh because you've sold your life to Guru Sahib is absolutely amazing. The problem? They are still in that 1800 mindset. They strive to do the longest jaikara possible off heart, but not make space for bani. Their good with their weapons but we never know they could be empty on the inside. They can have 150 talvars, and the most massive dumalla possible but it's about the inside!

AKJ: Gurbani keertan is the most supreme force in this world. The problem is when you become more obsessed with which keertanees are doing the keertan, rather than the Gurbani that is being recited. I notice people leave after a certain akhand kirtanee group are finished. We are doing kirtan as sangat for the Guru and akaal purakh, not the kirtani group. (ADMINS, I don't see this hurtful in any way. In fact, most of AKJ are brilliant and we all love them. Their equality with dastar over opposite sex defines Sikhi a lot)

Taksali: Keeping sucham like the Taksali is a great thing. To keep ultimate cleanliness because you're constantly serving humanity, and you're keeping your mind that your body is the house of your soul which is a part of Parmatma, and that you want everything to be absolutely perfect for the King of Kings Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj is a phenomenally wonderful concept. The problem becomes when you're stopping yourself from doing seva because it may make you unclean. The problem becomes when you're more obsessed about getting clean enough to go into darbar, rather than seeing your Guru.

Missionary: Being constantly aware of external attacks on Sikhi and having enough faith in your Guru that you're willing to question everything in the world like the Missionary is extremely admirable. The problem is when you lose the faith in your Guru, and place the faith in your own mind.

Now the reason I made this is to show certain Sikhs of whatever jatha they in see where they are wrong. I am not saying all of AKJ don't do kirtan for our Guru, I am not saying all of Nihang dals do bani for our Guru and I am not saying the same about Taksali's.

(Admins, I don't see anything protesting against another jathebandis' rehit maryada)

Edited by monatosingh
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Missionary: Being constantly aware of external attacks on Sikhi and having enough faith in your Guru that you're willing to question everything in the world like the Missionary is extremely admirable. The problem is when you lose the faith in your Guru, and place the faith in your own mind.

An excellent post, and the above point in particular is very insightful. Do not agree with the classic missionary stances on Sri Dasam Granth etc. at all but I can see how their fervor comes from a genuine desire to protect Sikhi as they see it. Just like all jathebandia do. 

Edited by Balkaar
  • Sad 1

Guest Jacfsing2

Jathas don't exist in the same way a religious divide like Christian branches, Muslim branches, or Hindu branches, they exist soley to make communities of like-minded people within a Panth. It's similar to how people in certain areas despite that they'd all meet each other have their own personal cliques who they prefer over everyone else. But the average Amritdhari doesn't belong to a Jatha, so none of them have a true majority over the Panth.

Jathebandi fanboyish stuff only happens in the west. If you look at the taksal or nihang dals in india they are some of the best places. In a nihang dal they wake up every morning at 1 am and start doing paath from guru granth sahib,dasam granth and sarbloh granth, then they get on their horses and be chakarvarti. In the taksal they wake up around 3 and start doing bani as well and afterwards they have a little rest then they do santheya for three hours then katha veechar etc. 

I cant say for missionary or akj cause i dont care about them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Koi said:

Nihangs probably have more baani in their maryada than anyone else (longer rehraas, chaupai, sohila, aarti etc.). They fully worship aad, dasam, sarbloh, including others like brahm kavach, bhagauti astotar and gobind geeta. 

Exactly 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 4:39 PM, Koi said:

Nihangs probably have more baani in their maryada than anyone else (longer rehraas, chaupai, sohila, aarti etc.). They fully worship aad, dasam, sarbloh, including others like brahm kavach, bhagauti astotar and gobind geeta. 

I know, that's what I specifically said "I am not saying all of Nihang dals don't do bani for our Guru".

Edited by monatosingh
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

I know, that's what I specifically said "I am not saying all of Nihang dals do bani for our Guru".

??

6 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Now the reason I made this is to show certain Sikhs of whatever jatha they in see where they are wrong. I am not saying all of AKJ don't do kirtan for our Guru, I am not saying all of Nihang dals do bani for our Guru and I am not saying the same about Taksali's.

I think the big problem with various jathas and sampardas is that they have forgotten their original founders' lifestyles and rehits/hukums and for what purpose those maryadas were for.

Nihangs: meant to be a perfect Sant/Sipahi force. Sad to see junkies and infiltrators in blue robes zonked out on the sides of streets.

AKJ: A minority have no clue about Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's teachings and books, and think they are a singing squad of missionaries.

Taksal: Many Taksal-oriented Sikhs desire for a return of the Bhindra Taksals to the original format as inspired by Sant Gurbachan Singh ji of Bhindran.

Missionaries: If they would read and follow the books by their spiritual grandfather, Principal Sahib Singh ji, they would not be doubting Guru Granth Sahib, Dasam Granth Sahib, or kakkars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DailyMail said:

Nihangs are absolutely not a jathebandi. 

All else is man-made.

Nihang and taksal is not man made

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Nihangs are not a jathebhandi! Nihangs are the Khalsa plain & simple... Khalsa Akal Purekh ki fauj. Nihangs/Khalsa was established by mahraj themselves.

Taksal are not a jathebhandi! Mahraj established the nirmala & Khalsa... taksal is a combination of both.

The other 2 embarrassments to the panth that you mentioned are man made... nothing to do with mahraj

Well said ji

• Like 1