Toofan Singh movie

Hammertime007

14 hours ago, Destruction said:

I think toofan Singh was an amazing movie. I went with some people who don't know much about 84 and those events, it engaged them and after they were very curious and reading up about the events themselves. I urge all to go and see toofan Singh and NoT to see a crap movie like the black prince. Duleep is not what he was portrayed in the movie...in real life he only cares about £££££ once he realise how rich his sandanwala cousins were doing. He was a womaniser who left his wife and kids for a <banned word filter activated>. Why do we hold those who do not care for sikhi in high esteem??? Beggars belief.

I don't think that you should be urging Sikhs not to go and see a particular movie on a Sikh subject unless of it is clearly anti-Sikh or presents Sikhs in a negative light. If The Black Prince does this then you need to highlight that but just because some of the facts in the movie may be incorrect should not be the basis for telling Sikhs to not watch the movie. No movie is ever 100% correct and the director will present his own take on the story. One thing is certain, the Indian govt would much rather have movies like Gandhi, Bride and Prejudice and Viceroy's House made for the western audience than The Black Prince. If The Black Prince is a financial success then the production company behind the film or maybe another company may make more movies on Sikh subjects. 

The life of Maharaja Duleep Singh may not be entirely a Gursikh lifestyle but we was not a Sant or a Brahmgiani so we need to aware of that. Maharaja Duleep Singh may have aspired to regain his kingdom due to selfish and personal motives but still he if he had succeeded then we would be a world power now and now a small minority in India and abroad. Sometimes the selfishness of powerful leaders can advance their people even if that is just a byproduct of their life. Also let's understand he had to live under not just non-Sikh but actively anti-Sikh environments for most of formative years and early adulthood. His was the only family of a Sikh background in the whole country and it was an age when communications were slow and it took many weeks for a letter to reach Punjab from England. 

Let's not be too harsh of Maharaja Duleep Singh because he was essentially a victim of the British colonialists and then the British royal family which made the prince into a pauper. 

Guest Jacfsing2
4 minutes ago, proactive said:

I don't think that you should be urging Sikhs not to go and see a particular movie on a Sikh subject unless of it is clearly anti-Sikh or presents Sikhs in a negative light. If The Black Prince does this then you need to highlight that but just because some of the facts in the movie may be incorrect should not be the basis for telling Sikhs to not watch the movie. No movie is ever 100% correct and the director will present his own take on the story. One thing is certain, the Indian govt would much rather have movies like Gandhi, Bride and Prejudice and Viceroy's House made for the western audience than The Black Prince. If The Black Prince is a financial success then the production company behind the film or maybe another company may make more movies on Sikh subjects. 

The life of Maharaja Duleep Singh may not be entirely a Gursikh lifestyle but we was not a Sant or a Brahmgiani so we need to aware of that. Maharaja Duleep Singh may have aspired to regain his kingdom due to selfish and personal motives but still he if he had succeeded then we would be a world power now and now a small minority in India and abroad. Sometimes the selfishness of powerful leaders can advance their people even if that is just a byproduct of their life. Also let's understand he had to live under not just non-Sikh but actively anti-Sikh environments for most of formative years and early adulthood. His was the only family of a Sikh background in the whole country and it was an age when communications were slow and it took many weeks for a letter to reach Punjab from England. 

Let's not be too harsh of Maharaja Duleep Singh because he was essentially a victim of the British colonialists and then the British royal family which made the prince into a pauper. 

Jugraj Singh Toofan is a better role model than Duleep Singh. He was such a soul that even Hindus would say that during an era when Hindus started building distrust towards Sikhs. Duleep Singh is just a guy who happened to be born in a royal family, but gave-up his kingdom with his own words saying he'd rather be a British subject rather than being the king of Punjab.

8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Jugraj Singh Toofan is a better role model than Duleep Singh. He was such a soul that even Hindus would say that during an era when Hindus started building distrust towards Sikhs. Duleep Singh is just a guy who happened to be born in a royal family, but gave-up his kingdom with his own words saying he'd rather be a British subject rather than being the king of Punjab.

He was a kid when everything transpired, he hardly had any choice. He can't be blamed at all for what happened during his childhood. You're letting your dislike for him cloud your judgement. 

9 hours ago, proactive said:

Who the hell are you kidding ???? I've seen your posts since ive been  hoovering on this forum since 2007,  you are a scumbag with no shame. Proactive I think you are a cunt please <banned word filter activated> off elsewhere . I hate your posts and your stupid anti Nihang beliefs. Stupid khalistani <banned word filter activated> face

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

He was a kid when everything transpired, he hardly had any choice. He can't be blamed at all for what happened during his childhood. You're letting your dislike for him cloud your judgement. 

So who's the better role model Duleep Singh or Jugraj Singh Toofan?

57 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Well he had the chance to rectify but he just complained to the british about getting his raj back as more money. He was a businessman that's all not a Sikh. If he care for sikhi would he have cut his Kesh all his life or smoked tobacco or been a womaniser? I say it again. Why do we put shitbags like duleep on a high platform because he would have stepped on any of us to et back his raj. E was greedy for money that is all. <banned word filter activated> him and his pathetic life. His mother jind "kaur " was a <banned word filter activated> it is a known fact she was sleeping with the dogras and yet many Sikh woman idolise her? Bunch of scaly wags & fidlem Bens 

toofan singh because he actually cares for his Sikh bhai and sisters the likes f duleep would step on our heads to sit on his high horse. <banned word filter activated> him 

5 hours ago, Destruction said:

Who the hell are you kidding ???? I've seen your posts since ive been  hoovering on this forum since 2007,  you are a scumbag with no shame. Proactive I think you are a cunt please <banned word filter activated> off elsewhere . I hate your posts and your stupid anti Nihang beliefs. Stupid khalistani <banned word filter activated> face

Stupid Khalistani? 

4 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What does that have to do with what I said? There are lots of faults of his you can pick away at, but what happened during his childhood isn't his fault. 

3 hours ago, Destruction said:

Well he had the chance to rectify but he just complained to the british about getting his raj back as more money. He was a businessman that's all not a Sikh. If he care for sikhi would he have cut his Kesh all his life or smoked tobacco or been a womaniser? I say it again. Why do we put shitbags like duleep on a high platform because he would have stepped on any of us to et back his raj. E was greedy for money that is all. <banned word filter activated> him and his pathetic life. His mother jind "kaur " was a <banned word filter activated> it is a known fact she was sleeping with the dogras and yet many Sikh woman idolise her? Bunch of scaly wags & fidlem Bens 

toofan singh because he actually cares for his Sikh bhai and sisters the likes f duleep would step on our heads to sit on his high horse. <banned word filter activated> him 

I agree, it's very likely he wanted his fortune back, if anything. But you can't exactly come back to Sikhi with zero knowledge, zero resources etc. He was taken at a age before he even likely knew anything about Sikhi. 

Any sources for the Maharani Jind Kaur statement?

• 3 months later...