Hammertime007

Toofan Singh movie

Hammertime007    460

Wheguru je ka Khalsa Wheguru je ke Fateh. Anyone seen the movie? From the clips I've seen it looks professional with known punjabi and hindi cinema names. Also a chopper seen which is a sign of a high budget as choppers blowing up are usually seen in Hollywood some Indian  and James Bond movies. In comparison to what's out there on this subject I think it looks slightly better than saada haq.Dharm yud morcha and Quam da Heera were low budget and less professional. Sukha Jinda one not seen. However who would have thought we would ever have movies on this subject and tough time for the panth which created great characterers, shaheeds who had very interesting experiences and lives..... I wonder who the next movie will be on Sukdev Singh Babbar? Gurbachen Singh Marnochal..?  So many names you could Base a movie on. 

H908    15

I've seen it

it still has the Bollywood kind of cheesy moments but overall it's historically accurate and does a good job depicting the thinking and actions of the Singh's and the atrocities of the police

• Like 1

The chopper scene is nothing like a Hollywood chopper scene. Guns look like they're wooden. Movie does looks better than Saada Haq etc but I still wouldn't say high budget. 

simran345    2,426
13 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

The chopper scene is nothing like a Hollywood chopper scene. Guns look like they're wooden. Movie does looks better than Saada Haq etc but I still wouldn't say high budget. 

Which is better? The Black Prince or Toofan Singh?  I want to see this movie too. 

monatosingh    82
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

Which is better? The Black Prince or Toofan Singh?  I want to see this movie too. 

They are both different stories that happened at a different time so you can't say which one is better.

Black Prince looks way more high budget but the storyline to Toofan Singh is somewhat blessful and sympathetic at the same time.

simran345    2,426
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

They are both different stories that happened at a different time so you can't say which one is better.

Black Prince looks way more high budget but the storyline to Toofan Singh is somewhat blessful and sympathetic at the same time.

I meant the production of the movies. 

Hammertime007    460

I think Shaeed  Bhai Amerjeet Singh Billa had an interesting life, maybe he could be the next one a film is based on. 

proactive    1,349

Whatever the production standards of these movies are the fact is that after three decades the Sikh side of the story with regard to operation Bluestar and the Sikh struggle is getting told and a great many Sikhs will now know the truth rather than the propaganda of the Indian govt.

• Like 4

Destruction    155

I think toofan Singh was an amazing movie. I went with some people who don't know much about 84 and those events, it engaged them and after they were very curious and reading up about the events themselves. I urge all to go and see toofan Singh and NoT to see a crap movie like the black prince. Duleep is not what he was portrayed in the movie...in real life he only cares about £££££ once he realise how rich his sandanwala cousins were doing. He was a womaniser who left his wife and kids for a <banned word filter activated>. Why do we hold those who do not care for sikhi in high esteem??? Beggars belief.

• Like 1

simran345    2,426
1 hour ago, Destruction said:

I think toofan Singh was an amazing movie. I went with some people who don't know much about 84 and those events, it engaged them and after they were very curious and reading up about the events themselves. I urge all to go and see toofan Singh and NoT to see a crap movie like the black prince. Duleep is not what he was portrayed in the movie...in real life he only cares about £££££ once he realise how rich his sandanwala cousins were doing. He was a womaniser who left his wife and kids for a <banned word filter activated>. Why do we hold those who do not care for sikhi in high esteem??? Beggars belief.

Thanks, I will try to see it as soon as I can. 

proactive    1,349
14 hours ago, Destruction said:

I don't think that you should be urging Sikhs not to go and see a particular movie on a Sikh subject unless of it is clearly anti-Sikh or presents Sikhs in a negative light. If The Black Prince does this then you need to highlight that but just because some of the facts in the movie may be incorrect should not be the basis for telling Sikhs to not watch the movie. No movie is ever 100% correct and the director will present his own take on the story. One thing is certain, the Indian govt would much rather have movies like Gandhi, Bride and Prejudice and Viceroy's House made for the western audience than The Black Prince. If The Black Prince is a financial success then the production company behind the film or maybe another company may make more movies on Sikh subjects. 

The life of Maharaja Duleep Singh may not be entirely a Gursikh lifestyle but we was not a Sant or a Brahmgiani so we need to aware of that. Maharaja Duleep Singh may have aspired to regain his kingdom due to selfish and personal motives but still he if he had succeeded then we would be a world power now and now a small minority in India and abroad. Sometimes the selfishness of powerful leaders can advance their people even if that is just a byproduct of their life. Also let's understand he had to live under not just non-Sikh but actively anti-Sikh environments for most of formative years and early adulthood. His was the only family of a Sikh background in the whole country and it was an age when communications were slow and it took many weeks for a letter to reach Punjab from England. 

Let's not be too harsh of Maharaja Duleep Singh because he was essentially a victim of the British colonialists and then the British royal family which made the prince into a pauper. 

• Like 2

Jacfsing2    1,845
4 minutes ago, proactive said:

I don't think that you should be urging Sikhs not to go and see a particular movie on a Sikh subject unless of it is clearly anti-Sikh or presents Sikhs in a negative light. If The Black Prince does this then you need to highlight that but just because some of the facts in the movie may be incorrect should not be the basis for telling Sikhs to not watch the movie. No movie is ever 100% correct and the director will present his own take on the story. One thing is certain, the Indian govt would much rather have movies like Gandhi, Bride and Prejudice and Viceroy's House made for the western audience than The Black Prince. If The Black Prince is a financial success then the production company behind the film or maybe another company may make more movies on Sikh subjects. 

The life of Maharaja Duleep Singh may not be entirely a Gursikh lifestyle but we was not a Sant or a Brahmgiani so we need to aware of that. Maharaja Duleep Singh may have aspired to regain his kingdom due to selfish and personal motives but still he if he had succeeded then we would be a world power now and now a small minority in India and abroad. Sometimes the selfishness of powerful leaders can advance their people even if that is just a byproduct of their life. Also let's understand he had to live under not just non-Sikh but actively anti-Sikh environments for most of formative years and early adulthood. His was the only family of a Sikh background in the whole country and it was an age when communications were slow and it took many weeks for a letter to reach Punjab from England. 

Let's not be too harsh of Maharaja Duleep Singh because he was essentially a victim of the British colonialists and then the British royal family which made the prince into a pauper. 

Jugraj Singh Toofan is a better role model than Duleep Singh. He was such a soul that even Hindus would say that during an era when Hindus started building distrust towards Sikhs. Duleep Singh is just a guy who happened to be born in a royal family, but gave-up his kingdom with his own words saying he'd rather be a British subject rather than being the king of Punjab.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Jugraj Singh Toofan is a better role model than Duleep Singh. He was such a soul that even Hindus would say that during an era when Hindus started building distrust towards Sikhs. Duleep Singh is just a guy who happened to be born in a royal family, but gave-up his kingdom with his own words saying he'd rather be a British subject rather than being the king of Punjab.

He was a kid when everything transpired, he hardly had any choice. He can't be blamed at all for what happened during his childhood. You're letting your dislike for him cloud your judgement. 

• Like 2

Destruction    155
9 hours ago, proactive said:

Who the hell are you kidding ???? I've seen your posts since ive been  hoovering on this forum since 2007,  you are a scumbag with no shame. Proactive I think you are a cunt please <banned word filter activated> off elsewhere . I hate your posts and your stupid anti Nihang beliefs. Stupid khalistani <banned word filter activated> face