Sikhs Wearing Hindu Threads

Big_Tera

4 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

This is no parchar from me lol. I never told people to do any of this. Even I don't do that. I was just saying that it isn't an uncommon dharmic thing to witness, and that who am I to stop people from doing things in their personal lives (as long as they're hurting no one), thus I have no objection. Kinda like how I don't agree with the consumption of meat, but I'm not going up to people who do jhatka to fight with them. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

You're posting on an public forum to the world to see. That is Prachar, If you don't want people to do it then keep quiet and don't post. Follow your own advice. Anything I type here is prachar, we're all prachariks as others can see and read the posts, and use it to take away the dos and don'ts. They can see yours and take it to mean its perfectly fine. But im sure that wasn't your intention (!)

But it's great to see the fact that people claim to be Sikhs and do anti-gurmat things doesn't really concern you. 

57 minutes ago, Kira said:

You're posting on an public forum to the world to see. That is Prachar, If you don't want people to do it then keep quiet and don't post. Follow your own advice. Anything I type here is prachar, we're all prachariks as others can see and read the posts, and use it to take away the dos and don'ts. They can see yours and take it to mean its perfectly fine. But im sure that wasn't your intention (!)

But it's great to see the fact that people claim to be Sikhs and do anti-gurmat things doesn't really concern you. 

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Singh ji, Its not my job to stop strangers from making their own decisions that don't effect my bhagti! When I mentioned parchar before, it was regarding people who give arths of gurbani ji, not really about just any talk. I did not give arths of gurbani ji here, and so I felt it was okay for me to write my thoughts. & you're right, that wasn't my intention. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

29 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Singh ji, Its not my job to stop strangers from making their own decisions that don't effect my bhagti! When I mentioned parchar before, it was regarding people who give arths of gurbani ji, not really about just any talk. I did not give arths of gurbani ji here, and so I felt it was okay for me to write my thoughts. & you're right, that wasn't my intention. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

I'm asking you a direct question then to cut through the nonsense. Do you consider tying threads anti-Gurmat or not?

the word prachar literally implies posting anything on a public speaking stage about Sikhi. The word isn't exclusive to arths, which is hilarious as you constantly spam post arths from faulty translations and attempt to pass them off as fact. How hypocritical that now you're retracting and changing your statement after being caught with your pants down. Sorry but you throw arths from Brahmgyanis out the window when they don't agree with you anyways, now you're attempting to change the meaning of an actual word to cover up your own virtue signalling. Disgusting.

12 minutes ago, Kira said:

I'm asking you a direct question then to cut through the nonsense. Do you consider tying threads anti-Gurmat or not?

the word prachar literally implies posting anything on a public speaking stage about Sikhi. The word isn't exclusive to arths, which is hilarious as you constantly spam post arths from faulty translations and attempt to pass them off as fact. How hypocritical that now you're retracting and changing your statement after being caught with your pants down. Sorry but you throw arths from Brahmgyanis out the window when they don't agree with you anyways, now you're attempting to change the meaning of an actual word to cover up your own virtue signalling. Disgusting.

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Look, when I was talking about parchar before it was about artths, not about everything. & anyways, those were not my artths either, so you can calm down, Singh ji. If something doesn't make sense to me then that only applies to me. I never said those were false or true, so please calm down. & if complex artths don't make sense to me, everyone is still free to understand them. I don't call them true or false. I'm not like some who forces strangers to agree just because it currently made sense to them. Besides, understanding and brahmgyan happens with gurprasad, so stop arguing and do some patth if you want blessings. You don't have to be concerned for my thoughts, since I don't force people to agree with me anyways, nor do I do nindya of those who don't understand. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

9 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Look, when I was talking about parchar before it was about artths, not about everything. & anyways, those were not my artths either, so you can calm down, Singh ji. If something doesn't make sense to me then that only applies to me. I never said those were false or true, so please calm down. & if complex artths don't make sense to me, everyone is still free to understand them. I don't call them true or false. I'm not like some who forces strangers to agree just because it currently made sense to them. Besides, understanding and brahmgyan happens with gurprasad, so stop arguing and do some patth if you want blessings. You don't have to be concerned for my thoughts, since I don't force people to agree with me anyways, nor do I do nindya of those who don't understand. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Another mish mash of explanations that doesn't make sense. Didn't understand a word of that ?. 

9 hours ago, Kira said:

The whole story and premise rests in Vedic traditions and total blanket sexism,

Story?

9 hours ago, Kira said:

Guru Sahib said woman can protect themselves fine,

Guru Sahib said that?

Brother, if a woman could defend herself against a man in the same way that a man could defend himself against a man, why do women not compete in the Olympics in the same events as men? It's because, on average, they don't have the same strength, endurance, or explosive force as men. Forget on average, even the top women cannot beat men, even boys. Australia's national women's football team couldn't score a single point against 14 year olds, and lost 7 to 0.

What if the Singhs back in the day had said to Hindu and other abducted girls, "Hey, equality. Save yourself."

Note that the above does not mean that it logically follows that you have to wear a thread on your wrist.

10 hours ago, Kira said:

medals aren't really religious in nature. The thread doesn't serve any purpose except to hold something in place

True. So, what about friendship bracelets and LiveStrong bands?

10 hours ago, Kira said:

While with all these other kinds its for either A) protection B) some sort of amulet for power C) sexism or D) all of the above. We need to look at the context as well.

Sexism is a reason to not do something? I think people (in the West) are increasingly waking up to the problems with feminism and feminism's definitions of equality. In fact only a maximum of 18% of people even are feminists in America. If the West is waking up to the problems of feminism, why do we have adopt it, and then later reject it 100 years after Westerners do so?

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

what emancipated Daughter of Kalgianwale. GurPita ji would be feeble mentally  to expect her bro to be there always to protect her...?

You could be strong mentally, yet weak physically. See here about relative physical strength of women.

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

what self-respecting SIngh would take the insult of having to be remind of his natural duty

It's true that the idea of continually reminding the man to protect seems problematic. One time isn't enough? 

At the same time, how is it the natural duty of a Singh to protect his sister if she can already take care of herself?

9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

actually rakhrdki is a religious ceremony as there is a thali involved and mitiaai , tilaks and whatnot in the full version

Hmm. Yet Sikhs dispense with thalis. Could this be analogous to non-Christians exchanging gifts on Christmas while also not believing in Jesus, having a tree, or going to Church on Christmas?

3 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

Please stop lying through your teeth. You're posting arths of people who aren't Brahmgyanis so you're taking the sins as well according to you. Hilarious. Prachar includes anything regarding sikhi. Something you seem to do all the time. Why are you telling me to calm down? I'm not angry nor am I enraged. Amused is a better word.  You don't do Nindya of those who don't understand but you'll do nindya of those who do. Telling me to do Paath when you come here to spread more anti-Gurmat filth is hilarious.

can you answer my question then? Forget everything else. Is tying threads Gurmat or not. Great work on avoiding the question, so cowardly. Btw I'll make this simple for you, it's a yes no answer. No elaberote explanation.