Sikhs Wearing Hindu Threads

Big_Tera

12 hours ago, Kira said:

Please stop lying through your teeth. You're posting arths of people who aren't Brahmgyanis so you're taking the sins as well according to you. Hilarious. Prachar includes anything regarding sikhi. Something you seem to do all the time. Why are you telling me to calm down? I'm not angry nor am I enraged. Amused is a better word.  You don't do Nindya of those who don't understand but you'll do nindya of those who do. Telling me to do Paath when you come here to spread more anti-Gurmat filth is hilarious.

can you answer my question then? Forget everything else. Is tying threads Gurmat or not. Great work on avoiding the question, so cowardly. Btw I'll make this simple for you, it's a yes no answer. No elaberote explanation.

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I don't do any parchar of Sikhi lol. ;(? I don't explain the religion of Sikhism to anyone online, if anything I just encourage already believers who ask questions to do more paath to find the answers. I don't go up to a crowd who hasn't asked anything and start explaining Sikhi lol. Besides, I was talking to the OP here, and you decided to start an argument as usual. Who says I said that you understand those arrtths as well, I won't speak for anyone else's understanding. I'm not even doing any slander of you either, and if you feel as if I did then I'm sorry. Theres nothing wrong with me telling you to do more patth, since I assume you enjoy that better than talking to me, so go on and practice that. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

Going back to the original thread. No pun intended lol

This topic is no way anything negative towards Hindus. I respect Hindu beliefs and practices just like I do any other religion. 

But that does not mean we should follow some Hindu practices just to please other faiths. If we all tie threads around our arm what message is that giving?

Or maybe some tie it as a fashion symbol. But anyway just always wondered why I see so many Sikhs with the thread thing. Thought it was a bit strange. 

5 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

I don't do any parchar of Sikhi lol. ;(? I don't explain the religion of Sikhism to anyone online, if anything I just encourage already believers who ask questions to do more paath to find the answers. I don't go up to a crowd who hasn't asked anything and start explaining Sikhi lol. 

Yes you do. You post on a forum about the dos and don'ts of a religion in front of a crowd (the Internet reading). That is prachar so stop crying over the fact you can't follow your own advice and are a blatant liar. I'm free to challenge anyone's views on here, if you want to talk to OP directly reply to him in PM, anything posted on a public section is free to be scrutinised by anyone.

You certainly won't accept bhaji Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jis words because they don't agree with you.  He understood Gurbani better than I.

I already do enough Paath and I found a right balance thank you very much, unlike you I don't sit around idly and have a job whilst I'm studying. Telling someone to go off and do Paath when you can do the same thing is downright rude and stupid. You were the one saying you enjoy it so much yet you make time to come here, the amount of times you proclaim that is more than I. So go on then, do that. Iv never said anything along those lines but you do. So go on then, do it.

But as @Big_Tera said let's stick to the topic. Considering you decided to avoid the question once again thank you for showing to everyone where your true loyalties lie. I'll respect his wishes and cease this, but as usual you've been caught with your pants down lying on one thread while saying the opposite on another. Hilarious.

On 17/08/2017 at 3:07 PM, jkvlondon said:

simply lack of spine ...if someone says jai mata di or jai shri Ram the number of fools who feel peer pressure to join is astonishing. Then they use the old coconut of sikhi respects all religions, and we shouldn't hurt others feelings i.e. join in because the others will die of broken heart if we didn't...  

It has gotten to the stage that SIkhs have to join in 'Holi' celebrations else they risk losing their lives on the road . My Mama and Mami ji got stopped on the road to Bihar , she was quick thinking and said how can we celebrate my mother has died(in truth some year prior) then they were let through

Is there something wrong with saying jai shri Ram 

33 minutes ago, Kira said:

Yes you do. You post on a forum about the dos and don'ts of a religion in front of a crowd (the Internet reading). That is prachar so stop crying over the fact you can't follow your own advice and are a blatant liar. I'm free to challenge anyone's views on here, if you want to talk to OP directly reply to him in PM, anything posted on a public section is free to be scrutinised by anyone.

You certainly won't accept bhaji Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jis words because they don't agree with you.  He understood Gurbani better than I.

I already do enough Paath and I found a right balance thank you very much, unlike you I don't sit around idly and have a job whilst I'm studying. Telling someone to go off and do Paath when you can do the same thing is downright rude and stupid. You were the one saying you enjoy it so much yet you make time to come here, the amount of times you proclaim that is more than I. So go on then, do that. Iv never said anything along those lines but you do. So go on then, do it.

But as @Big_Tera said let's stick to the topic. Considering you decided to avoid the question once again thank you for showing to everyone where your true loyalties lie. I'll respect his wishes and cease this, but as usual you've been caught with your pants down lying on one thread while saying the opposite on another. Hilarious.

Nindya again! 

On 17/08/2017 at 3:43 PM, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

There is a large population of Hindus who worship our Guru jis as well as their own Gods. Even when I went to mandirs before outside of India, there would be pictures of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji being worshiped along with Gods. Even some of sangat in the temple would say vaheguru vaheguru in front of the shivling while pouring milk rather than om namah shivaya. & you should remember the traditional religion of punjabis before sikhism and islam was that religion. I have a feeling that you haven't been to Punjab recently. There are a lot of people who look sikh while wearing threads and rings/tilaks (I have no objection to them) etc. Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

By saying the above she is trying to obscure the clear difference between Sikhs and Hindus.  If a person wants to worship the Gurus then worship the Gurus as they taught.  Instead these Hindus are worshipping in their manmat way.  Saying Vaheguru before an idol as a form of worship is no different for when Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji tells Hindus not to worship idols by saying a devi or devta name.  Vaheguru description and form of worship is given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  If Hindus want to worship by saying Vaheguru then follow Gurbani instructions.  Gurbani uses the name shiva to describe an attribute of Vaheguru.  But Hindus are worshipping Shiva the devta who came down went against Vaheguru Hukam and died.  By saying vaheguru before a shivling the Hindus are calling shiva thee Vaheguru.  They are being clever by taking gullible people to worship a shivling of Shiva.  

Sikhs do not wear Hindu threads.  These threads have some sort of manmat behind them.  This poster does not clearly say she objects to Sikhs wearing these threads because she thinks according to Gurmat wearing a thread is right.  Now in this topic she is going on about how she does not tell others what to do.  She is a bold face liar because anyone can see her objections to Sikhs eating meat on a different topic.  Also she is trying to give merit to wearing threads by saying a lot of people do it.  Again another Hindu fable to get others to follow them to reincarnation.  Sikhs will always have a problem with the Hindu thread because it creates some to be more deserving of Gods worship because they were born in a certain family than another who was born to a so called lower family lineage.  Some threads are worn to keep away evil spirits which is also against the Sikhs teaching.  

29 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

By saying the above she is trying to obscure the clear difference between Sikhs and Hindus.  If a person wants to worship the Gurus then worship the Gurus as they taught.  Instead these Hindus are worshipping in their manmat way.  Saying Vaheguru before an idol as a form of worship is no different for when Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji tells Hindus not to worship idols by saying a devi or devta name.  Vaheguru description and form of worship is given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  If Hindus want to worship by saying Vaheguru then follow Gurbani instructions.  Gurbani uses the name shiva to describe an attribute of Vaheguru.  But Hindus are worshipping Shiva the devta who came down went against Vaheguru Hukam and died.  By saying vaheguru before a shivling the Hindus are calling shiva thee Vaheguru.  They are being clever by taking gullible people to worship a shivling of Shiva.  

Sikhs do not wear Hindu threads.  These threads have some sort of manmat behind them.  This poster does not clearly say she objects to Sikhs wearing these threads because she thinks according to Gurmat wearing a thread is right.  Now in this topic she is going on about how she does not tell others what to do.  She is a bold face liar because anyone can see her objections to Sikhs eating meat on a different topic.  Also she is trying to give merit to wearing threads by saying a lot of people do it.  Again another Hindu fable to get others to follow them to reincarnation.  Sikhs will always have a problem with the Hindu thread because it creates some to be more deserving of Gods worship because they were born in a certain family than another who was born to a so called lower family lineage.  Some threads are worn to keep away evil spirits which is also against the Sikhs teaching.  

Bit of a leap your making my friend by implicitly saying all Hindus see shiva as a devta as 'god' Hindu philosophy has many congruent philosophical threads as sikhi. One of which is that there are many avatars or more accurately characteristics of Ongkaar. The term Vahiguroo is used in the Bhagat bani and to reduce it to a definable 'object'  is no different than idolatry .. 

The dominant practices  of Hinduism as well as Islam is what was criticised and rejected.. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us to transcend narrow ideas, the foolishness in creating and trying to own the truth.. 

52 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

1stly, I see a clear difference between amritdharis and hindus because our guru sahib jis have denied certain hindu practices (and if it ever felt like I have said there is no difference in the past then I am sorry for my mistake). 2ndly I agree with sikhs not wearing hindu threads. What I was saying in my post was that I have no objection with strangers in real life because who am I to advise a stranger since I don't know anything about them. Hindu threads are not gurmat.. practices that our guru sahib jis have not taken part of is not seen as part of sikhi to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding Singh ji.. There are a lot of things I've changed my mind on due to the cycle of learning. Another reason why I choose to not advise people to practice anything other than patth.  bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

12 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji

1stly, I see a clear difference between amritdharis and hindus because our guru sahib jis have denied certain hindu practices (and if it ever felt like I have said there is no difference in the past then I am sorry for my mistake). 2ndly I agree with sikhs not wearing hindu threads. What I was saying in my post was that I have no objection with strangers in real life because who am I to advise a stranger since I don't know anything about them. Hindu threads are not gurmat.. practices that our guru sahib jis have not taken part of is not seen as part of sikhi to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding Singh ji.. There are a lot of things I've changed my mind on due to the cycle of learning. Another reason why I choose to not advise people to practice anything other than patth.  bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

SAT SRI AKAL

• 2 years later...

I am a hindu and believe in some good hymns of sikhism. It's a common tradition in Bihar that whenever we go to vaishno devi,then during our return we go to Amritsar golden temple. So, we give both golden Temple and vaishno devi the same value. Even in some villages,a hindu converts to Sikhism and is considered as sardar of village! These two religions have much more unity than any other. Our only difference is idolatry and i think if we have 90% in common then why to go for that 10% of difference? In bihar,in my whole life i have never heard any religious conflict between sikhs and hindus.what happened in 1984 was done by a single political party. No one can break the bonds of Sikhs and Hindus! What's wrong if a hindu goes to gurudwara to bow down and if a Sikh go to hindu temple to bow down? Politicians have tried very had to separate sikhs and Hindus by Khalistani movement and 84 riots but i still have picture of Guru nanak in my home.