On 8/18/2017 at 6:35 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Not going to say it's impossible, but if someone were to marry just for a greencard of visa is there any benefit no not getting a divorce as soon as you had citizenship?

47 minutes ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

They'll likely investigate you. Sham marriages aren't really worth it anymore. Student visa/IELTS is the new thing for younger folks at least. 

Benefit, as in not having to conduct an elaborate lie before the King of Kings, Guru Granth Sahib ji, and making a mockery of Guru and the Anand Karaj ceremony? People who do sham marriages should be kicked on their ar**es and deported forthwith if not jailed before they are deported. I also think immigration should not accept court marriage from Sikhs. "Oh, yes, sir, I got a court marriage instead of a Gurdwara marriage because I don't believe in God. Don't mind my uncut hair, that's just a symbol of the God I don't believe in."

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Benefit, as in not having to conduct an elaborate lie before the King of Kings, Guru Granth Sahib ji, and making a mockery of Guru and the Anand Karaj ceremony? People who do sham marriages should be kicked on their ar**es and deported forthwith if not jailed before they are deported. I also think immigration should not accept court marriage from Sikhs. "Oh, yes, sir, I got a court marriage instead of a Gurdwara marriage because I don't believe in God. Don't mind my uncut hair, that's just a symbol of the God I don't believe in."

I didn't use the term benefit anywhere? I meant for those who are going to do it, amount of effort and time is ridiculous now. And no govt would ever accept your suggestion. Rightfully so too, you know how expensive it is to have an Anand Karaj, I bet tons can't afford it. Or what about a keshdhari Sikh who doesn't want to have an Anand Karaj as maybe he's not ready for such a step and chooses to get court marriage and Ardas at Gurdwara?

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Don't know if you know this, but most Sikhs or just culturally Sikhs, (as in something part of a family tradition), only a small percentage truly believe in all of Sikhi, some others believe most of Sikhi, many believe some of Sikhi, and the other crew who haven't been taught, and the last group who have no faith at all.

Since you have mentioned that you have done good jobs in UK so I am not sure how interested you will be but I know lot of Punjabis when they first move to Canada, they get their PR through truck driving route.Since many Punjabis own trucking companies, you will need to find somebody willing to sponsor you but since there is a shortage of long haul truck drivers in Canada, you should be able to find it. I sometimes watch videos related to this and found videos from this one guy really educating. you can check his videos and maybe even contact him to ask the way you can get your PR. Maybe even meet him when you are visiting Canada. I have posted one of the links below.

Also, each province has their Provincial Nominee Program which has certain job categories that are eligible to get Canadian PR. I know this route is used by lot of Indians. e.g. Retail jobs in Alberta are on the list that can help you get PR. I believe this also include Car salesman but not sure about it. Here is the link for Alberta Provincial Nominee

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/programs-and-forms/ainp-eds-semi-skilled-criteria.aspx

You can check similar programs for other provinces also. Also, immigration consultants in Canada are required to be registered with ICCRC. You can check their website and find some Apney agents in all different provinces and ask them for their view based on your skill set and experience which category will suit you best.

Good luck

4 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

I didn't use the term benefit anywhere? I meant for those who are going to do it, amount of effort and time is ridiculous now. And no govt would ever accept your suggestion. Rightfully so too, you know how expensive it is to have an Anand Karaj, I bet tons can't afford it. Or what about a keshdhari Sikh who doesn't want to have an Anand Karaj as maybe he's not ready for such a step and chooses to get court marriage and Ardas at Gurdwara?

Yes, brother, I acknowledge you did not use "benefit". That was the other poster who said that, and I just combined the quotes from both of you into my one post.

Any case, how expensive is an Anand Karaj? I know that many Gurdwaras have fixed fees set for Anand Karaj, but that's usually pretty reasonable. It's the other stuff that becomes expensive, like renting a horse, expensive clothes, gifts for all the boy's family, dowry (daaj), reception, rent for reception hall, catered food for hundreds of guests, alcohol, gold, etc., none of which is really necessary for an Anand Karaj. If you just want a simple Anand Karaj, taking only 15min or so more than a court marriage, that's certainly possible.

"not ready for such a step"? As in he's not really sure he really wants to get maried? Or that the court marriage "doesn't really count" and you get a divorce easier without bothering your conscience?

5 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Don't know if you know this, but most Sikhs or just culturally Sikhs, (as in something part of a family tradition), only a small percentage truly believe in all of Sikhi, some others believe most of Sikhi, many believe some of Sikhi, and the other crew who haven't been taught, and the last group who have no faith at all.

Yes, I do realize most Sikhs are not in rehit. Plenty of Sikhs have their hair cut. But there's only a very small number of Sikhs that would conduct a sham Gurdwara marriage. The vast majority of Sikhs in the West have come through some other means (family sponsorship, real marriage, study visa, employment visas, etc.)

Guest Jacfsing2
34 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Yes, I do realize most Sikhs are not in rehit. Plenty of Sikhs have their hair cut. But there's only a very small number of Sikhs that would conduct a sham Gurdwara marriage. The vast majority of Sikhs in the West have come through some other means (family sponsorship, real marriage, study visa, employment visas, etc.)

I wasn't talking about Rehat, I was talking about Faith in Guru Sahib. Why do you think the Dera business is popular among our community over say any other community of Monotheistic faiths. I didn't even remotely mention keeping of Kesh or not, the guy wearing a turban with a beard could be exactly the type of guy I'm taking about, while your mona could not, (or vice versa). The key is most Sikhs are only Sikh as more of an ethnicity rather than a religious group.