11 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

What you should when you are out there is to talk to many people who have moved there from UK rather than Punjab because their experiences are going to be far more relatable to you.

Good idea, and get some advice of how to go about moving there from them too. 

It will also depend what area you're in too and the neighbourhood. I know two families that moved there. One came back after 12 yrs, they didn't adjust to it. And the other like it after 10yrs, so stayed put, but they set up a business there too, which is doing well. 

I stayed there for a few months also, I didn't like it,  because of the community environment I was in, and negative relatives. But apart from that it is a lovely country, families tend to have bigger houses and loved the mountains and sea, open space. But, as another poster mentioned, one needs a car to get everywhere, so it's harder for elderly people or those with disabilities being so far from facilities and people. 

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Not going to say it's impossible, but if someone were to marry just for a greencard of visa is there any benefit no not getting a divorce as soon as you had citizenship?

OP is marrying age so what's wrong in posting an advert on those sites ?

May be Akalpurakh intended a Combo pack for him "Roti+Vohti in Canada"

Who said anything about fake marriage, think positive & be practical !

2 hours ago, SantSapai said:

Vaheguru Ji...

Don't worry, I wouldn't get married to a Canadian just to get a greencard.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaaj's hukam to us is to earn an honest living and by this live honestly too, hence why I wouldn't do it for the sake of getting "pukka" in Canada.

The work visa seems to be the stronger option.

Thank you all.

Akaal!

While you're in UK get a lorry, bus or truck driving licence.

Plenty of work is available in Transport sector, drivers make good money in Canada.

Transport Companies would even sponsor your work visa.

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Dsinghdp said:

When i was small the UK seemed so BIG! Now it's just a island.

If U.K. was just an Island, then what's Northern Ireland? Or even it's other islands that it owns in the middle of the ocean. It's got a lot of influence.

13 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

If U.K. was just an Island, then what's Northern Ireland? Or even it's other islands that it owns in the middle of the ocean. It's got a lot of influence.

The UK is still great due to multi cultures living here. But it is loosing it's countryside. It was better off in the 60s where everyone spoke English.

2 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Canada does have ALOT of open space which i prefer. When i was small the UK seemed so BIG! Now it's just a island.

Yep, loads of open space. Everything seemed big when we were children. Even, the penny sweets you get, seemed massive and once in a while treat. Now there's big bags of sweets. ?

Lol @island. There's tranquility on an island ?, nobody there. I'd say UK is more like London everywhere now, busy, congested, noisy and more population. 

1 hour ago, Dsinghdp said:

It was better off in the 60s where everyone spoke English.

Hmm ?. There are more punjabis than the 60s. 

On 18/08/2017 at 6:05 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

Not going to say it's impossible, but if someone were to marry just for a greencard of visa is there any benefit no not getting a divorce as soon as you had citizenship?

They'll likely investigate you. Sham marriages aren't really worth it anymore. Student visa/IELTS is the new thing for younger folks at least.