Sikhs giving Non-Sikh names

Guest Jacfsing2

24 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you seriously are showing your anti-sikh colours ....

will give you small heart-wrenching example of a few days back:

Was travelling outside city for official reason. When walking up the stairs of railway station, encountered a group of young boys begging "Kaka paay padtoe" (Uncle, I beg at your feet) . How my heart was non-attentive at the moment that I walked by without giving them some food :/ I still regret it . These are the people who're most vulnerable and helpless and deserve our charity , not feeding the already well feed like this : 

Related image

1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

Although we should never give english names. 

You could be called anything. It what is inside that counts. 

But yeh theres to many pauls, bobbys, harveys, stevens, micheals, sonias, ect out there with a punjabi heritage. 

On the issue of names I was just wondering we should bring old sikh names (18th century) back . 18th century was most harsh century in history of sikhs. Back then , we had names like "Bijla singh" , "khadak singh", "NauNihal singh" , "Nihal singh" , "Mehtaap singh" , "Gurbaksh singh" , and so on. All sound very heavy and regal.

8 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

will give you small heart-wrenching example of a few days back:

Was travelling outside city for official reason. When walking up the stairs of railway station, encountered a group of young boys begging "Kaka paay padtoe" (Uncle, I beg at your feet) . How my heart was non-attentive at the moment that I walked by without giving them some food :/ I still regret it . These are the people who're most vulnerable and helpless and deserve our charity , not feeding the already well feed like this : 

no

people are ignorant of the true langar- naam , is it any wonder they think putting money into the jeb of multinational corporations is suitable for giving out . Unethical, unthinking and generally self-deluded

why would i buy nestle products when I know they cause the highest number of infant deaths by insisting in the developing world to undermine breastfeeding to sell formula. Coca cola is currently fighting to remove rights to water in Colorado from ordinary folks ... and here these idiots are advertising for them for free....

Until we can grasp gurbani and quote chapter and verse like the abrahamics and give solid answers back to sanathanists sikhi will carry on catching chittar from other kaums. SiKHI IS THE TRUTH< THE BEST THING : be grateful and fight for its recognition

13 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Found this article, and I do think it relates to some things going on among Sikhs today. As much as 70% of Thailand Sikhs have Non-Sikh names there. 

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/chandigarh/sikhs-adopt-thai-names-to-gel-with-local-populace-in-thailand/articleshow/59994438.cms

Names should be based on gurbani such as raam, waheguru, Gurmukh singh. 

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

people are ignorant of the true langar- naam , is it any wonder they think putting money into the jeb of multinational corporations is suitable for giving out . Unethical, unthinking and generally self-deluded

why would i buy nestle products when I know they cause the highest number of infant deaths by insisting in the developing world to undermine breastfeeding to sell formula. Coca cola is currently fighting to remove rights to water in Colorado from ordinary folks ... and here these idiots are advertising for them for free....

Until we can grasp gurbani and quo

so why did you call me out as anti-sikh behnji ?

I am assuming this pic was of somewhere in britain . The same evil bastards who I hold squarely responsible for 1947 sikh massacre and also 1984 sikh massacre . Britishers are responsible for 47 because they couldn't care less for how the partition process will happen , and 84 because they provide intelligence input to GoI and also because they denied us our right and broke our political arm by doing ghaddari with us and neglecting us while distributing power in 47 , despite knowing well that sikhs always had their back in world wars, and for which perhaps India hated us later. 

I am always trying to wake our people up . And realize our true identity , that of a servant-saint-soldier for humanity :)