Is Sikhi the ultimate self improvement vehicle?

Ranjeet01

Guest Jacfsing2
8 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

On social media and in life in general, I observe that many people are unhappy in their lives. 

They have bad vices and want to lose weight, quit smoking,  drinking etc.

So you see a lot of people making resolutions etc to eat better,  join a gym etc. 

Then you have these NLP types that attend these Tony Robbins seminars. I know of a former work colleague of mine who attends these and got together to give food the homeless.  Which got me to realise, don't we as Sikhs do this kind of things with our seva?

It seems that even though society is becoming less religious or less spiritual, these kind of things would be found in religion (Sikhi in particular ) but it seems to be fragmented and manifest in different ways.

Another example, you hear from these self improvement types is that you must meditate, make self affirmations and show gratitude.

This is what naam simran and ardaas is supposed to do.

I see many people wanting to improve their lives mentally, physically, spiritually etc. 

However, I realise that our Gurus encapsulate all these things so that we can become the best version of ourselves.

The question then "Is Sikhi the ultimate self improvement vehicle?".

Is there other things which you read or hear about with these self help types that has already covered in Sikhi? 

What other messages are we missing out on that are right in front of our noses in our bani that we only see with these self help, NLP, motivational speaker types?

If we take out the Sikh factor, (Sikhi is the only true religion, and this is only an example), and you make the situation with maybe Christianity or Islam, religion by itself gives people some will-power, (they shouldn't be expecting any legit results except a placebo that some guy is watching over them). 

Now if you compare a false Non-Sikh religious philosophy to self-help programs like the ones certain leaders do, it's basically the same thing, some guy or gal comforts you into some idea that if you do a certain step of things, you'll get better. 

I'd also like to flip the situation from these man-made ideologies to Gurmat, because Guru Sahib is with us, our growth can be expanded with holding his hand. And through holding his hand we get basic Maryada as well as doing Seva and Simran and because Sikhi is true, we will grow according to our work into it. Sikhs aren't missing any messages; however, many of us have forgotten the message, on Sikhi being the only way to Vaheguru.

So, yes Sikhi is the ultimate self-improvement vehicle.

The great thing about Sikhi is it isn't just for "motivation" and "calmness" Guru Gobind Singh Ji's bani can fill a person with strength and resilience. Sri Sarbloh Granth and Dasam Granth are just amazing even when compared from a neutral perspective. 

Sikhi I have also realised is a systems over goals process. 

What I mean by this for example is that if your goal is to become more patient and less angry and less anxious person, by reading bani daily and doing naam simran on a regular basis means you make those changes which kind of makes the goal irrelevant in some respects. You are also creating discipline in a natural way which can even willpower look irrelevant because it becomes second nature.