• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• You want to use the word "invalidate" in place of "break"? OK, whatever. But you do know that Sikhs commonly speak of "ਉਹਨੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤੋੜ ਲਿਆ" in Punjabi. ਤੋੜ = break. By committing a bajjer kurehit, you break your Amrit. (Or invalidate it, if you prefer.) A person who turns his back to Guru ji becomes a bemukh: ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਮੁਹ ਫੇਰੇ ਤੇ ਵੇਮੁਖ ਬੁਰੇ ਦਿਸੰਨਿ ॥ Those who turn their faces away from the True Guru, are seen to be unfaithful and evil. ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਬਧੇ ਮਾਰੀਅਨਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਵੇਲਾ ਨਾ ਲਹੰਨਿ ॥੧॥ They shall be bound and beaten night and day; they shall not have this opportunity again. ||1|| ਗਉੜੀ (ਮਃ ੩) ਅਸਟ. (੯) ੧:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੩੩ ਪੰ. ੧੨ 
      Raag Gauri Bairaagan Guru Amar Das   Surely you would agree that a person who has turned his back to Guru Sahib, commits bajjer kurehits, is a bemukh, and is beaten night and day has broken their Amrit, no? You would say that a bemukh is still an Amritdhari?   I think the reason he is asking why people break their Amrit is because he is concerned he might break his, that is, he is asking about ways to stay strong in his Sikhi.
    • I totally got confused somehow.  Well, I'm sure you would object to homophobia as well! lol my bad.
    • 1. First of all, a question for you: Are you a amritdhari Sikh, believing Sikh, patit Sikh, or a non-Sikh? If so, Christian, Hindu, or Muslim? 2. Second, here's your answer: ਅਚਿੰਤ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ॥ God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord. ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਸਦਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਸਭਿ ਕਾਜ ਸਵਾਰਣਹਾਰਾ ॥ By Guru's Grace, he ever dwells in their minds, and He resolves all their affairs. ਸੋਰਠਿ (ਮਃ ੩) ਅਸਟ. (੧) ੫:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੬੩੮ ਪੰ. ੨ 
      Raag Sorath Guru Amar Das  
    • homophobia???  JKV with emphasis on K for Kaur ...that's why ppl object that I married a gora DEsi Kaur with Gora guy
    •     Exactly.  I don't think Jagmeet Singh is perfect, and I have a problem with some of the things he has said and done.  But if he really would say or do anything for power, like Jagsaw Singh/West London Singh suggests, he would have been a mona.  For anyone to overlook how much easier it would have been for him to advance in his career if he was mona (ESPECIALLY in something like politics, which is so dependent on popularity with the masses) is ridiculous.